Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:38 am

I am better today. So glad I did my 3 main chores yeered some yesterday. We had frost glad I covered most of my stuff. Uncovered most of em one bed still had frost I will uncover it in a bit. 31* over nite low. I was glad I had containers cut off to use for plant covers. The bigger ones I used a 1, 3 or 5 gal. Bucket.
I brought in several containers that were on the deck.
62* is our forecast high temp. Today with more freeze warnings tonight again.

Have a great day every one!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 am

It was a night when the arthritis in my toes didn't seem to bother me and that's a biggee!

Dee - POTB for your discovery of something that is working for you. DMom's neurologist recently gave her some meds to relieve her feet pain while sleeping (it's coming from nerve endings). DMom is pleased with the result. A good night sleep is wonderful.

using J ohnson's creamy baby creamy oil/aloe & vitamins lotion to repel mosquitoes -anyone tried it?

I haven't heard of this. I remember another lotion being popular for this purpose. I am trying to remember the name of it. Thankfully mosquito bites are an issue we don't have much of a problem with. I rarely get bitten by mosquitoes.

Company ready room status has been restored to 3 rooms. They have been PUPA, sweep (roomba), surfaces wiped down. I have started the daily habit of using the blower on the front concrete to get rid of all the dirt, leaves and debris. I don't have to do this in winter.

I taught DS10 how to turn the pilot light off the fireplace. We put that remote away for the summer.

I went searching for my previously developed meal planning system. I found it stored in a plastic tub. it is a stack of papers at least 6" tall. It is a bit overwhelming due to the complexity of it. I need to find a way to simplify it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am

It was Avon Skin so Soft. I don't know if its reputation stood the test of time.

Actually, here is Consumer Reports bottom line on this subject with their recommendations at bottom.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:02 pm

hello d twins please feel better soon!

hi d kathryn
praying for the river to quell itself.

d dee -wonderful!!! so happy you had a wonderful night sleep!!!

I am so happy you are feeling better d nancy ! great that you covered some things.

d lady praying your sweet mom's pain goes away esp at night. yay on your work!!!

hi d harriet sending you a nice cup of tea (hot or cold your choice) while you are working so hard on your busy day!
I am sorry that this person chose to be unkind. I find when people do this it is because they are trying to bring themselves up. (I think it has less to do with you than more with them trying to validate themselves either with a misguided view of perfection (people tend to stay away from individuals like this). They can't possibly be aware of how hard others work. Don't let that one negative voice drown out all the positive voices you hear with us or your family.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:02 pm

oh I saw sunny... hello sunny

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:09 pm

so far:
emptied shelves in one basement closet and gave it a good vacuum and then a wash down with bleach water.
vacuumed the floor and surface washed it with bleach water.
took out wood I had saved for the village I used to have (I only have pieces now) (what a burden i put on myself every Christmas with this one).

having lunch

and then going downstairs to bring up things to put in trash (when the rain stops)
I wish dh would help me with the bulky stuff to bring upstairs , but I am the one who decided to do it. I know if I asked him he would but I can see he really doesn't want to heavy work today.

hoping that after that I empty out the small under stair storage (small) that I will get rid of the chairs we no longer need and have gotten decrepit over time. I need to vacuum that area

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:52 pm

Hello! A while ago we had a BIG explosion in the neighborhood. No rushing cars to whatever scene it was in, no sirens, no smoke, nothing. I was out at the mailbox at the time. No evacuation of children at the day care down the street, nothing, notta. ODD. DH called sheriff's dept who had no clue except maybe a transformer. Well, we've heard those before, not nearly as loud. It sounded like a cannon! Electric co. assures no power outage anywhere around. We hear sirens up on the main street here and nothing heard so no accident. Just weird. News outlet has nothing, nothing on internet either. Hello, are we going bonkers?

I was able to see Kathryn's raging river in the video today. Wow, no wonder your view from your balcony is so nice. Lotta water though. Looks like it's right to the base of that bridge, scary looking.

Harriet, I was appalled for you that someone said that. Someone must be feeling superior about their level of neatness.

I look around here sometimes and think it looks cluttered, and y'all know how hard I work at cleaning out. Usually it's just a lot of stuff not put away, jobs in the process, etc. I've been in houses that were pretty bad and I just ignore. We never know someone else's situation. It's not right to judge. We went into a house in the neighborhood of a women who gave us a log holder and she led us through her goat trails apologizing... and we just smiled and said don't worry everybody gets like this.

DH goes into hoarded houses. I remember once he sent the kids into a room and said clear me a path and get everything back from the windows I'm working on. He's totally oblivious to clutter. Could care less.

Ok, off that subject. I am working on laundry today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Twins', hope you feel better! Norovirus was mentioned at church here yesterday. Someone in our community has a verified case. However, one of the main things said was that IF a person had it, they would not be up and able to tell about it. So, that's one way to prove to yourself when you don't have something that bad. I'd say you're not experiencing that! Something to be aware of, though, and watch for severity.

Dee, great news about a good night's sleep. Woo Hoo! Here, HRH has now used the words, "pretty good, I guess" when asked about a night's sleep. Dstepson said he hasn't heard that much enthusiasm from his Dad for a long time! :lol: And you asked about how this started. It's an auto-immune condition, a common one of the kidneys - we know another man who has it. Lately, auto-immune conditions have increased, a result of new environmental or dietary insults that make our immune systems do too much and get carried away, hurting our own cells. One of the few things the world of medicine can do is take the immune system down to a reduced level for a while, to let the situation calm down and "reset", allow healing. Unfortunately, the side effects can be pretty bad during that time. We are blessed that HRH will be headed back to normal during July.

Outdoors work today

I spent an hour and a half sweeping our porch, steps and walkways, plus weeding. Tobias got tired and went inside, which let me know I should probably take a break if I had outlasted a cat's interest in dragonflies, lizards and birds.

Declutter was of the area I stash free-standing planters and other outdoor items, so now I'm hyped to go out and get plants to fill the planters! Wonder if HRH will feel like going when we get TS chicken feed. If not, I know I can tempt dd.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 pm

((((Twins)))) I hope you feel better soon.

Harriet - I am sad that someone said a thoughtless remark. I have been on the receiving end of those type of remarks and it isn't fun.

I have all 3 dogs in the house with me while DH mows the yard. This is the fifth time this year to mow the yard. It is a strange year with all the moisture. I saw hay being baled this last week which totally surprised me. Hay baling usually doesn't start until mid-May.

I spent about an hour processing the abundance of fresh Asparagus that I have on hand. It is now in the freezer in portion size servings.

Meal #3 sitting at the table together was a success. The guys really like this eating habit. Me too. Such a simple change to make such a difference.

DGS22 called with an Excel formula question. That is one of my favorite topics.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:51 pm

We are blessed that HRH will be headed back to normal during July.
Well, I'm pulling for that (normal that is) but I also don't want to rush the summer.

Going to look at your link, Harriet. Looked & I remember when that was the rage for mosquito repellant. May try this, though it sounds oddly similar. We do get lots of mosquitoes here and some in the evening at our campground. We're not out a lot after dark, but once in a while for a camp fire.

Dson-A,DDIL & DGS6 are planning on coming down to Disney the middle of May. He wants us to get together (and they won't have a car -taking a shuttle from airport I believe). So dd was texting with dd yesterday. Think we've come up with a plan: Have dsonil take me to meet her at school on that Friday, meet them at D isney S prings for dinner & come back home. Then she'll go meet them on Saturday to go to one of the parks. She has a free pass from something at school earlier this year. This is the first time in probably over 8 years that we haven't purchased an annual pass. I just don't feel like I could keep up and especially for a whole day. We could rent a wheelchair but I know it still would be more than what I could do for that many hours -more than 12/13 hours. But the four of them could. She has another free pass if dsonil decides he wants to go. But he's nixed Disney for a lot of years.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”