Tah Dah Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Tah Dah Thursday

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:14 pm

Dee, glad to see you're able to go for a walk after your rehab exercising. Nice of your neighbor to fix your water pipe.

Yeah, LadyM. I usually don't do all this at the same time either but whole house got ahead of me. I've done my bedroom a few times so don't anticipate that one being bad. The MBR really needed done. I usually do the living and family room ones together. Porch work is usually 1 day of work.

Some day we'll have to hire this stuff out. I did the two hall light fixtures which I've discovered are very tricky to take down and put back up. Bowl glass fixtures with a fancy disk and nut to attach in the middle. Boy they needed washed inside and out.

My legs are really done going up and down the ladder. I stopped to go run to the bank again and discovered I was getting shaky so stopped for something for lunch, brought it home to eat. I think I'm done for the day. Just the thoughts of doing any more is... no I don't think so. DH came in from working, we're both whipped little puppies right now. (Man where did that expression come from, that's awful. :oops: )

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:37 pm

TADA's -
** Language arts 10 assignments completed. I added 2 more curricula that I had on hand to the cursive writing assignments. I won't have DS10 do all of the cursive writing curriculums on the same day but rotate between them. Each of them has strengths that I think will help him in writing cursive letters. The combination of them is a win-win IMHO.

Harmony - DS10 has been studying metaphors in LA and there are several of them that are horrible. It is a bit disturbing when I stop to consider where they got started.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:53 pm

oh my gosh I never thought of that saying before. it is awful ;) wow - whipped little puppies.
glad you were able to go home and chill d harmony.

I know I have always rototilled but this time the tiller was like a bucking bronco - it's a lighter one and the ground was dry. I found my front arms shaking when lifting things for a whole day after the work. My muscles are no longer used to rot-till(ing) anymore.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:53 pm

well d mom was edgy and was not happy with what I had to do on the arbor. She said her blood pressure went up! and she took an extra blood pressure pill ?????? I don't think you can do that.

Actually she had forgotten again - we talked yesterday about it too- I had asked her if she had put today on her calendar. Last week she was - yes - I am ready and we planned it together. (she tends to buy way too much stuff - or have me buy way to much stuff for a project like this). I think she likes the prep rather than the actual process unless it is her own spur of the moment thought.

Today was a no go.

i did go with her to the hardware store and she wouldn't listen to me of what I already had. You could see the pressure on her and a bit of perfection thinking already going into it.

Then we went over the pastry shop to pick up ham and cheese croissants - they didn't have any but then she decided, fussily, that she was getting a eclair and eating it there!

We went to the butcher shop for ham and cheese to go with the plain croissants. She then bought meat - over-goaling. Now I know where I got it from lol perfectionism and over goal-ing!! 8-)

I finally figured out that she was stressed about doing the work at a planned time. Little jobs bother her now. She said she will come over another time but I am not going to remind her about it at all. She will forget and it will be okay. I can see she is bad on planned anything now and unless it is an impulse decision.

I can see she wishes to do stuff (just like dh) but may not be wanted to do things when the date and time come - lol gosh I know how that feels! lol
(dh does this too). she can no longer plan ahead. it's too much stress for her.

I have tickets for the tall ships tomorrow - I paid a good amount for fast passes because I knew dh couldn't handle the crowd. - I hope they both go as it cost me. I honestly don't think it is going to work. I was going to go on my own but they both wanted to go. I will go cheerfully and leave cheerfully - no expectations mean I won't get frustrated. . It might be wonderful!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Harmony, yes light fixtures are done here within whichever room's Focus Cleaning week it is, but not every round. And no, I do not do more than one room at a time. Since I probably have to stand on a chair, it seems like a whole new thing to go climb up in a different place, so it's easy for me to think of it as waiting for me, until I'm actually in the next room. We have 2 fans in our home. I assure you the LR one is better cared for than the other, which is not seen by as many people! :?

Dd20 is throwing pots today. That's a phrase I like. Makes me smile. I hope she ends up with something attractive that makes her happy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:01 pm

hello d harriet
hello d lady
hello d harmony
hello d dee
hello d twins,
hello d nancy
hello d everyone!!!!

I have been outside - knitting with d mom - it was fun.
I have a class that is too advanced for me but I love to watch and learn from more skilled crafts-women.

I really want to take the wood working class but it is at night in not such a great neighbourhood

ask me if I have done my dailies: NO!!!!!!!! ;) 2ND DAY IN A ROW

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Why is it I have a productive day (yesterday) followed by one where I can't seem to get any traction? I must have thought I was done this morning when I picked up dd at the airport.

So the plan is to work 45 min at 5:15 p.m. Supper tonight is salmon, butternut squash and a green salad. I need to slice up the squash too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:16 pm

I had an art date , got sandiches for dinner. Was in a "mood" when I got home. No particular reason. Not hungry that like never happens for me like one or two times a year. Dson texted that dgd was coming Sat. So was planning a get together. I got eggs to devil. Have veg. To cook but am thinking of corn on the cob.

Bw2 you did not get that from your mom she still has hers! Ducking and running. *Poof*
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:27 pm

TADA-
** Homeschool is finished. Reading (Tiger, Tiger), 4 assignments in Math, History and Art.
** Timeline Binder created. I decided what I had was not working because it didn't feel organized and easy to find things. Now I've got dividers for each of the decades. As DS10 is studying people/events in History, Music and Art then they are added behind the decade they happened.
** Cooked some meat fingers.....for lack of better description. I asked DH what they are and he said "I don't know". DH brought a few of them home from DMIL house with her instructions to "Cook them in a little bit oil of in a skillet". I quit frying things in oil when I started using the Air Fryer but I wanted to follow DMIL instructions (I'm sure she will ask). So I fried some of them in oil and the rest of them in the Air Fryer. The Air Fryer won hands down. It was not even a close decision. I also did some tater tots to compare the methods of frying. Again, the Air Fryer won.
** Visited with DSis about prep for the brunch on Saturday. We have a plan.
** DD was going to keep DGD8 for 3 days. That plan didn't last 24 hours. DD is sending DGD8 back here.
** DMom has lost her keys to house and vehicle. I searched my vehicle to make sure DMom didn't leave the keys in it yesterday. The keys weren't there.
** DS10 had a second molar tooth come out (baby tooth). I researched the timeline for losing baby teeth and he is on schedule. He loves losing teeth because of the $$ prize.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Harriet, your house sounds way easier than mine. I have 9' ceilings so standing on a chair I can't reach most things. So, when I bring in the tall ladder from the garage (it's not light) and I get work clothes and proper shoes and the bucket and rag...it seems like a waste of time to do just 1 room. However, I'm not a spring chicken any more (there's a nicer saying than the other one I used!) and I can't do 8 ceiling fans with lights all at once.

I need to figure out a new system. Maybe one day for the porches. 1 day for the living area fans. 1 day for the bedrooms. Maybe not leave them go so long so they're so hard to do.

I put my feet up and rested for 2 hours. Got a second wind, and made dinner including a big huge salad. I think I did enough for one day.

LadyM, did DS study "the whole nine yards?" I read a couple explanations for that one and can't remember 1 of them, but the other one was a big cement truck used to be 9 yards full. However, they carry 10 yards now!

Return to “Post When You Can”