TaDa Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: TaDa Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Holding my breath for you Lucylee, and think of us there beside you in the waiting room too!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi!

It's overcast and breezy here. Rain is in the forecast for later. LadyM tell the kids that thunderstorms are good for the garden and it helps with growing more food! (That's what dh told me when he said thunderstorms are better for the garden than just rainstorms.)

I have no idea what we are having for supper tonight. Dh finished the stuffed peppers at lunchtime.

I have gone to the bank and dealt with personal and business accounts.

I am trying to get the paperwork finished. Yes, still...

Dh has a Dr. appointment tonight AND he also has one truck on the driveway waiting to be dealt with and 1 coming at 6:30 for shocks needing to be replaced under warranty.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:54 pm

I just gave DS11 his last 3 homeschool assignments for the day. He will complete them on his own. That means I am officially starting a 5 day break from homeschool! WhhooooHooo!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:59 pm

A five day break! Good for you, Lady M.

Got up earlier than I wanted. Had to be in at rehab before 9. Had a 9am appointment with the dietitian. Had a very helpful conversation. Then had rehab only for about 1/2 hour & they cut that short so I could go to a class on "eating out". Every time I learn something more. Did go to the grocery on the way home but wasn't able to find the things the dietitian had recommended from this particular grocery. Will try again on Thursday.

Dh just left to go golfing with some of his friends. First time in a few years. Said he'd give it a try -going to try dcampowner's late father's left handed clubs and see how he does with those. His right shoulder has given him too much trouble to golf. Speaking of golf. The PGA player we know and DS-R has golfed with a few times won the tournament 3 Sundays ago @ $6,665,000, then last Sunday won $110,000 & a measley $843,000 this week. Poor boy! (Said sarcastically). Afraid a lot of this has gone to his head.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:52 pm

I've been puttering about, mostly productive.

Ta das:

-refilled meds boxes including the extra case so I'm set through this trip.
-ordered refill of meds that will need refilling as soon as we get home
-stripped the upstairs bed and brought those sheets down since the dog sitter gal will sleep up there
-counted dog meds and we're good through this trip so I don't need to refill early
-dead headed geraniums and trimmed up my basil. (I'll need to process the basil and freeze today also)
-finalized a replenishment order
-continued with laundry, I'm washing our towels, still have upstairs sheets and I'm also doing a hang to dry load
-finished a.m. routine
-transferred $$ into my checking account
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:33 pm

The entries into the local fair are due tomorrow. We have 21 hours until the entry deadline happens. I guess we should start getting ready? I'm printing off the rule book and reading it now. #ClueLess #LastMinuteEffort
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:33 pm

LadyM, what are you entering in the fair?

Blessed, I hope you found your DMom's neck things (whatever they were).

Hoping Lucylee's DH's test went well.

Busy day... I had brunch with a DFriend, which is always an experience with her. We meet and go in; first she forgets the bag of avocados she brought for me and her back cushion she must always use. She goes back out to her car. Then she wanted to go to the ladies' room. Then she asked the waitress if we could move to a booth because it is more comfortable. A few times she sent the waitress back because she hadn't looked / decided what to order. She was having problems with her allergies, coughing, etc. because she forgot to take her medicine at home. She forgot to put her inhaler in her purse. We say grace and pray that she won't have an asthma attack while we are there. After eating, she goes back to ladies' room and I stand and hold her Styrofoam leftovers and her cushion. Then I get my car and pick her up at the door because it is raining and drive her to her car.

I love this woman. She's generous to a fault. But I'm a bit worried her mind is slipping.

Gassed up car; with a storm possibly coming, not a good time to have a car almost on E.

Went to hospital to visit friend. This hospital has outgrown its space, built on and enlarged until there is very little parking and people are pulled off on sides of roads all over the place. They have started building a parking garage but its not done yet. I go around a few times till I find a place to park and walk in, visit with friend and her husband for a couple hours.

Stopped at supermarket and get stuff in case of storm and a few things to cook now. I'm not waiting till the last minute and get in the wild rush of people fighting over the last case of water. Storm times here are crazy!

What a day! Now it's time for dinner and cleanup. DH has stuff for us planned for tomorrow. I need to lock him in a room somewhere until I catch my breath.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:36 pm

We don’t know anything about the test results, but we had a very productive day.
After dh got through, we had a BUNCH of errands to run:
— allergy shot for me
— jewelry store where they were doing one of those “we buy silver, etc” things. Hoped to sell a very large platter that belonged to dmil. They were not interested, bc it is silver plate, not solid silver. (Ad said they took silver plate.)
— Home Depot for toilet repair stuff
— Chick Fil A
— Body shop (to get phone charger I had left in SUV)
— Home
... phone calls to/from dmom, ds, ddil, plumber,
... house call from plumber, ds/family

And now I have to go to church meeting.
I am soooo sleepy...
Last edited by lucylee on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:49 pm

I spent at least an hour trying to get one of the months to balance on the bottom line with the 7 rows matching the first row. It was out by more than $40. so there was obviously a mistake somewhere. I finally found it and corrected it, but I guess it's all about learning how to do it. I have an appointment with the accountant tomorrow at 1ish. (He may be a bit late, as he has an appointment out of his office.)

So... we had KFC/Colonel Saunders/Sanders. Did you know he lived in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada for the last 20 or so years of his life? He used to drop in at various local locations to say hi.

Dh is in the shower.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Got the trash and recycling to the cans ready for the morning trucks. Recyclables will likely be later in the morning but I don't want to risk missing them.

Errands with HRH in a different direction got one thing done for each of us.

Conference call accomplished much - so that one DPCall out of the way.

No word on others I'm waiting for such as car.

Completed one chart for lesson plans.

Thinking of blessed and lucylee and medical waiting today.

Dee, thinking of your golfing acquaintance's newfound self-appreciation, I'm not sure it could be helped in such a remarkable situation. "It's not braggin' if you can back it up."

BookSaver, remember we are all living vicariously through the renovations on your house! Do tell! :)

Return to “Post When You Can”