Saturday '*•.¸♡ Spree ♡¸.•*'

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday '*•.¸♡ Spree ♡¸.•*'

Postby Nancy » Sat May 25, 2024 1:50 pm

When LH passed I was finally able to get in the den and go a decent desk cleaning and dust. He did not want me to do that
because if I moved piles of stuff it sort of freaked him out. I was so happy to clear of that desk and take the door that was the
"desk top" out and the small two draw filing cabinets out of there and turn it back into a bed room that I can clean and dust as needed now.

Waiting to walk till my phone charges back up again. I got my pen refills in the mail today yea!
It is mild and walk with a hoodie will be okay if my jaunt to the mail box is any indication.

It is nearly time for my lunch.
I got pages cut in half & punched for the 5 x 7" planner that I emptied the other day.
Glad for that progress.
Painted some rocks up last night and I can now move them off the smaller desk on wheels in the dining room.
Had a good talk with my dsis.

My back is better today yea!
Had lunch.
Got a "find" to use for a dog bed on the deck washed it off with the hose it is drip drying now.
We have walked.

I watched a planner conference thing on go wild fun to see that it was in Tx. this year. Then I went out to see if it was dry enough
that I may be could think about mowing and it just started to rain a bit. I did get the drive way swept off again.
Got my step goal in by one-ish today.

Didi some writing.
Got the branches I cut off the other day in the trailer for now.
Had fish for dinner & did up dishes.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 25, 2024 10:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 25, 2024 2:22 pm

I've been doing "getting ready" for the beach type stuff and I need to just sit down and break. Today I have on the wrist brace that prevents movement (which I can't do anyway) because my wrist has been so achy the last two evenings. I'm already at 4K steps. I have lists going for in the morning, and for the grocery tomorrow.

For some reason dh has decided that today is the day to purge his closet instead of doing the five things I needed help with today, lol.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 25, 2024 4:59 pm

Home from a successful trip to the city. Vehicle gas tank is filled, prescription retrieved, and we bought pantry/freezer restock items.

I find it a bit exhausting the amount of anxiety that is in the general public because of the predicted weather this afternoon/evening. Everywhere we went friends, family & complete strangers would remind us to be weather aware and prepared. O.K.A.Y. Got it. I'm rather put out and tired of hearing about it. History has taught us that even if there is a high chance of tornadoes developing, it could also result in us not getting a drop of rain.

We are home alone! DS15 is with friends. DD12 is with DD47. It is quiet and calm in the house.

>>>>Later
DS15 came home to ride out the storm here. It is almost past our location. It is kinda weird to see the storm chasers in our tiny town and streaming live about the weather.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 25, 2024 9:14 pm

Much fun at the cookout, with the children all playing football on the lawn at dstepson's. Lots of good cookout food. When the skies threatened, entertainment moved inside and we all played "Heads Up" on someone's phone. The children love that game, helping the person with the phone on their forehead to guess the answer it shows.

Dstepdil sent us home with so much food!

The young man came over here, then, to pick out a baby photo of dd25 so that his mother can have it for a display she wants to make for the wedding. I'm sure he was tired of photos, but he put up with it all, lol. I think they left with a couple good choices.

Glad the storm has passed by, LadyM. They certainly can get in the way of a calm evening, can't they?

I'm not sure what tomorrow holds. The young man says he will be back here relatively early. They have so many packages to take to the house.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 26, 2024 12:39 am

I haven't been on much of a spree today, unless you count napping in the recliner as a "spree." Yesterday/last night/this morning really wiped me out.

The last time I posted was Tuesday, before taking dmom to the pain clinic on Wednesday. I think I have my days straight. Well... at the pain clinic, the doctor did not want to schedule her injection until she saw the surgeon who did her abdominal surgery; pain doctor suspected cellulitis.
Well, that doctor was not in, and they suggested we see family doctor.
Family doctor confirmed cellulitis and gave dmom an antibiotic shot and a rx for Amoxicillin.
That was Wednesday.
By Friday, dmom was feeling no better and was having some drainage. By Friday night, I made a trip out there to her house, brought her to the ER again, but she and ddil agreed that she would be better off to stay at home -- no fever, no severe pain, just slight drainage... 3:00 a.m. Saturday, drainage was worse, obviously showing infection, and we went BACK to the ER. Doctor gave a second antibiotic shot and rx for Levoquin.
I spent the rest of Saturday morning at dmom's, but did not sleep, and got up in time to come home, s2s, get her rx for new antibiotic, get her some groceries and a plate at bar-b-que restaurant.

I returned all that to her, also returned a phone call to a lady that she had been ignoring for too long. This was a lady whose husband had bought one of ddad's Corvettes -- this man was the original owner. They had all become casual sort of friends. A set of wheels for this Corvette are still at dmom's and the lady wanted to come pick them up. Sadly, she was also telling dmom that her husband had passed away only a couple weeks before my dh.
So I made the call, told her dmom had been sick and what we had been dealing with since my dh's death, so she and I had a sort of connection there.
Anyway -- she'll come get those wheels in the next week or two; she is planning to sell this car again, I think.

Back home, after picking up dgs for the day/night... took him to swimming party... picked him up (these people are less than a mile or so from my house) and he and I have mostly lain around doing nothing all day. He was tired from swimming; I was tired from all of the above.

During my absence here, I have made a few more steps forward.
-- signed some papers with the local agriculture agency; we have some acreage set aside for tree conservation, and they pay us something every year in return for keeping these trees under contract to not be cut. They had to change the name on this.
-- got the water bill put into my name. And there was no cost for this -- they had led me to believe it would be $50!
-- tried to pay dh's ER bill -- it is ridiculous how much it cost the insurance company for dh to die at the hospital -- I mean, I think it's around $2000 for the approximately 2 hours he was there -- but I only owe a $35 co-pay. I bet I'll get a bill from the ambulance service, also. Anyway, I didn't pay that because the hospital business office apparently closed Friday for the holiday.
(I don't mean to sound callous, but I had always heard that ER costs are outrageous, and I don't know what people who don't have insurance do! And I am sure a lot of people who end up in the ER are the people who don't have insurance. I don't know how people buy medicine without insurance, either. It's just unbelievable how much these things cost today.)
-- I also made a couple of frivolous (?) "Just Because" purchases for myself -- first a bathing suit. I can't remember when I've had a bathing suit that I could wear. And I have no idea if this one will fit me, but I suspect I will take the dgrands swimming more this year, and I want to be able to wear something that I can get wet in also, if the mood strikes me. The second purchase was a two-sided, hooded blanket. It is fleece on one side and waterproof on the other side. It is for dgs' football season.

Otherwise, I haven't done a lot. I haven't felt good, and my cough was getting worse, so Friday I also went to the doctor. He gave me a steroid shot and a rx for the Z-pack. I'm still coughing a lot, but I'm hopeful this will improve soon.

We had some storms last night/this morning -- just after dmom and I got back to her house. It would have been really good sleeping weather, but dmom couldn't seem to settle down -- made herself some decaf coffee at 5:00 a.m. :roll: -- and I couldn't really relax either.

For some reason dh has decided that today is the day to purge his closet instead of doing the five things I needed help with today, lol.
:) (((Twins)))
When LH passed I was finally able to get in the den and go a decent desk cleaning and dust. He did not want me to do that
because if I moved piles of stuff it sort of freaked him out.
(((Nancy))) I can relate to this statement also. I haven't advanced to actually DOING any of the cleaning that freaked him out, LOL... but I certainly do understand what you're saying.
I had taken on a lot of "his" responsibilities, as y'all know, and it sometimes wore on my nerves, and was tiresome physically too. I know he felt bad about all that; and I feel bad about it now. I shouldn't have complained.
But as you all also know, dh here didn't want to perceive that HE was being controlled either... smh...
(((Rose))) I can't imagine how difficult this is for you to try to manage your dh in this situation.

Congrats to the soccer player, Harriet! I know that is a big deal. I do not expect dgs here to make the team when tryouts for baseball and basketball start. He did not even try out for the 7th grade teams this year; he is still young enough to play rec league, and he may just stay in rec league till he ages out of that. He was saying last night that he didn't know if he would continue in baseball and basketball at all. DS said that was fine with him; he doesn't want to push him into anything he doesn't want to do. I guess dgs has played long enough now to know if he wants to keep it up or not. School junior high football is different; no try-outs. If you're willing to be out there, they are glad to have the numbers in football.

I'm going to go wash my Phyllis Diller hair tonight, too, Harriet, and take my shower for tomorrow. I think it will help me sleep. I could probably really have a reasonable facsimile of Phyllis' style -- my hair's about the same length, and awfully coarse and wavy. But nope, no money in it for me around here either. I'll need to color my hair this week, too. How does time pass so quickly???

Cathy, you are just really making great strides in this decluttering thing! You go, girl!

Have a great time at the beach, Twins! I'm going to HAVE TO take dmom to the beach now that I have nothing to tie me to any particular routine here, you know? Except dgrands, of course. I hope maybe we can arrange a time when ddil and the dgrands can go with us, maybe ds, too, but if it's a girl trip with children, that's fine too.
I just really feel uneasy about my ability to drive that long on my own (about six hours). I usually am good for a couple hours at most. However, desperate times call for desperate measures. I did drive all the way from Orlando to Auburn once when dh had the flu. So I guess it's true, we don't know what we can do till we have to.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”