Monday Music!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday Music!

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:55 pm

Dee that is great news!
Elizabeth it's good that you are planning ahead.
Indiana glad to see you've checked in.
Dove Wow way to go on all that progress!
Booksaver It's good not to be locked out!

I've filled water bottles and focusing on getting enough water intake.
Write & mail mom's letter x
Processed mail
unload and reload dishwasher x
start laundry x
sheets are in the dryer
ex. bike 3 mi. x
Kitchen is spiffed and focusing on it.
Dining room not so much.
Had some weak tea so far for lunch.

Last Fri. H. closed one of the bank accts. that we rarely used; they no longer do free checking for 55+ folks and are doing service charges again now so he decided to close that one out.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Booksaver: I'm so sorry you are still waiting for a hot water heater.

I'm installing a new email program onto my computer. I was using the old version of Eudora which required me to renew every day. When the software had 'expired', I didn't have full access to the features, thus couldn't write my fancy travelogs. But to renew, I had to be online and quite often I wasn't anywhere with internet access (i.e. I'd want to be writing while on a plane.) So, I've installed Eudora OSE which is their new open-source version.

On the plus side, it pulled in all my old email boxes just fine.

It took about an hour to be able to send and receive email and I'm still not confident it is right.

I don't like the user-interface and am trying to find out more about that.

I don't understand how it handles attachments. When I clicked on one to view it, it asked if I wanted to delete it. Nope, I just wanted to look at it. I don't want attachments opening automatically in a preview screen, I just want to open them on my own terms.

So, so far, I'm not sure if I'm happy but suspect I'm not. I haven't tried to write one of my fancy emails yet. Will do that now.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Just a quick peek in from work. It's every bit as much of a mess as I suspected it might be - they were short-staffed the entire time I was gone! Now I'm still trying to sort and deal with a multitude of forms with no pictures, pictures with no forms, and lists of pictures that don't seem to relate to anything *sigh*. When I first sat down this morning, there was still work to be done from Friday!! I'm getting closer to having a handle on things, but it's going to take at least until the end of tomorrow before I'll have a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel.

Better dive back into it!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Ok, that was a bad 2 hours.

I managed to destroy the install and things went downhill from there. Eventually, I had to roll-back my computer to last Friday to recover.

I had backed up my computer earlier today lost data wasn't an issue but dh lost 2 hours of his day helping me and I have no idea how he ended up solving the issue that started my problems (I had tried to move my data file to my backup directory so I wouldn't forget to backup my email when I do backups.)

Dh is cooking dinner now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Sheets are back on the bed.
I've folded and put away one other load.
Last load is in the dryer.
I've done a bit of reading.

Dgson is home from school here and home work is happening now h. is helping with that. Dgson seems to be getting a grasp of the concepts and the other granny helped him work last night too so far he is just one unit behind. But this is additional and he still has his regular packet of home work to complete this week too.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 pm

I just had the most bizarre situation. I needed to activate some new bank cards. The automated system would not take the card number - so I got a person ("Peggy"?)ho activated the cards - after a million questions - but that's ok - security.

Then, as they don't send out pin numbers anymore - I tried to set up the new pin #. But I didn't have the old pin # so it wouldn't let me do a new pin - this was in the automated system once again.

Called customer service - they transferred me to the automated system - finally got a lady at that place that said I had to call customer service.

FINALLY got someone with a sense of humor at CS (not "Peggy") who said I have to start all over tomorrow with the Visa people. But they won't be working until 10:30 am CDT.

But she gave me her direct line and told me to call her first and she would shepherd me thru the hallowed halls of Visa.

She also helped me get DH's card all activated and pinned (he is primary so is "special"). I told her I would just spend his $$ as I know his pin.

Then we tackled the wire transfer for the house and that is good to go as soon as I get the final figure.

Lunch was great and we stopped to visit with some friends on the way home.

Indiana: Told ya so!!! :mrgreen:
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Hello!
I sent a very nice post last night, but apparently sent into the far reaches of cyberspace... so -- apparently this is my first stop in the village since we returned from our weekend.
Had a nice time... but hectic day today getting back to school... and I'm already exhausted.

I will try to post more later.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Just got home from work - I'm trying to make the best of the situation at work with preparing payroll tax returns, and I won't be able to work late later in the week.

I am tired....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:34 pm

I just feel really out of the loop lately -- seems like I am just barely treading water here.

School is just crazy.
* skippable rant * has been moved to members only, b/c I'm already getting sorta paranoid, LOL. Feel free to skip -- I just saved it there for the time being so anyone who was interested in what Sunny & Harmony were replying to could find out what we're dealing with here in La-la Land.

This WEEK is going to be crazy.
Evidence:
Today -- W*lmart, drug store, ironing lady, flu shots (which we had to wait and wait and wait for, but dh was determined we get it DONE, and I'm glad, but it still made for a long day) laundry
Tomorrow -- visit dmom, probably run some errands for her, help out at their house, ds/ddil singing at nursing home
Wednesday -- ds/dsisil joint bday party @ dinlaws -- I will be in charge of picking up pizza, misc supplies, and will have to go to the bank, also
Thursday -- NOTHING -- yet! Probably will be needed at dmom's again.
Friday -- pick up ironing, go to high school football game
Saturday -- dcousin's 5th bday party
And on top of all this extra, of course, there is all kinds of school stuff to be done which will NEVER get done in the confines of the 7:30-3:00 day.

CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
I know the music I hear, but I don't know the name of it. It is some kind of crazy, frantic tune, though. Probably from a cartoon. Maybe a horror movie.
Last edited by lucylee on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Lucy... I wish it was more, but I'm sending you some {{{Cyber Hugs}}}. Oh, and some Calgon! Was this new brainstorm from the district? What will they think of next??!!! You are right, it could be very disrupting. And I wonder what ideas all the students will get from this?
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”