Super Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Super Saturday

Postby Sunny » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Seems to be a quiet day here in the Village. But it sounds like a lot of preparations for the holidays are underway. We haven't even started our shopping yet.

It was another long day for me. I was up earlier than usual to do a few things I needed to catch up on before heading out to see dh. He is still getting better, but needs to be stronger to be able to get around on his own.

On my way home I have to pass by our town's Central Park. It is a 70 acre park with lots of trees and flowers, paths and all the usual playgrounds and picnic areas. This is where our cultural center and library are. Every year they decorate for the month of Dec. and it seems to be more elaborate each year. It is just wonderful, like a fairyland with all the lighted decorations! Tonight there were hundreds of people walking the paths. It would be a nice walk; we haven't done it for a few years.

I need to get my Christmas card list and addresses out this week and work on them. Dh and I talked today about decorations and putting up a tree. I will get ds#2 to get the storage boxes down in the laundry room. I'm sure dgd9 and dgd16 will help decorate the tree.

Harriet, we had stockings for our boys well into adulthood. Now we do it for the 8dgkids! Dh says when his parents thought he and his brothers and sisters were too old for stockings his mother didn't want to quit the presents so she used shoeboxes! :lol:

Harmony, congratulations to you and dh for the new dgbaby boy!

I need to go through some mail and get some things ready for tomorrow.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Trying to decide which way to be pulled. ot enough of me to go around.

** After being gone so much recently (hospital), LO is stuck like glue to my side everywhere I go. He doesn't want me to leave him again.
** DBro family needs support - Just to be there to get through this difficult time and decisions.
** DDIL has surgery next week and DSon has asked me to come help care for DGS5 and DGD11months. Plans are forming for me to leave next Sunday (taking LO with me)
** MPB has owies that are not cooperating in being repaired. I feel like I should be there to help DH.
** Sometime in the next week or two, LO court assigned lawyer will be inspecting/interviewing us and meeting with LO.
** Christmas parties & prep ....... the house is decorated and some gifts are bought, but I am no where close to being ready for Christmas. There are 2 Christmas parties in the next week.
** We are still scheduled for 2 day trial (before Christmas). GULP.
** I have a colonscope scheduled next week. I'm callling to reschedule it. I am feeling waaay overloaded

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:08 am

waving from Sunday
I went to church / mass this morning - making an effort this advent. Was intoduced to someone and we chatted some more on way back to our cars.
dropped library books thru their shute on way home.

prayers and blessings from me to you.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”