FANTASTIC FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: FANTASTIC FRIDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:35 pm

We are on the road! We made the joint decision to just leave and deal with the water when we return. I can't say it is a wise decision but we are both okay with it. We will spend 48 hours with DSon and family before returning to our reality.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Yes, blessedw2, not being home is a major reason for CHAOS. Plus the reasons for being away from home are all things that drain energy, and require recovery time before regaining the oomph to start the work at home, right? That isn't laziness, d blessedw2. I think it's some law of physics -- which I can't name because I never studied physics. ;)

CI: Flipped the order of work so haven't made it upstairs yet. Instead I've done:
* breakfast
* dishes
* 2 loads of laundry (will do more after nap)
* email to DH's family
* prepped scalloped potatoes & ham in the slow cooker
* mixed up sour cream, bacon, cheese & ranch seasoning so the flavours can blend in the fridge
* organized $ change for the library volunteers garden walk/sale event tomorrow
* printed more description sheets for the garden walk event tomorrow
* lunch
* cuop (PWYC) from the week before Easter -- That's how far behind I am and why high school graduations in the village caught me by surprise; I didn't see everyone's preparation lists until now.

The library volunteer's garden walk committee scheduled the event for tomorrow even though it's my Saturday to work the library service counter. I informed them of my work schedule when they were discussing possible dates. Therefore, I am ignoring all complaints about not having enough people to work the event. :| I've been doing enough work on the project to keep a clear conscience -- lots of publicity, selling tickets, and Treasurer's tasks. I also did extra work on the book sale event.

I will have to bite my tongue at the next meeting because one of them is almost guaranteed to remark, "It's so hard to find helpers, we probably shouldn't have tried to do both big events within 2 weeks of each other." Gee, ya think?! :roll:

OK, now I'm going to go up and declutter 15 minutes in the bedroom and then take a nap. BBL.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi everyone! I still cannot back up my phone contacts, even after downloading the software that the phone company rep said I needed. It just won't allow me to log in. I did not do any of my financial tasks either, because the email I was supposed to get was not there, and is still not there today. Will have to call the rep again. Sigh.

The two animal org troublemakers are in a snit again. They are 'punishing' us by promising to stay away from this weekend's adoption clinics. I can only hope they keep their promise. I guess they expect us all to come begging them back, but I, for one, will not. And there is not a member of the cat program who will do anything other than breathe a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, they do assure us that they will only be dealing with us at board meetings, which means that we are not rid of them. The cause of today's crisis? Last week a cat that has been in boarding was placed in a foster home. The website does not yet reflect this. Oh, yeah, big crime. I don't know if people forgot to tell our webmistress or our webmistress (a volunteer who is also fed up with those two) has simply not had time to deal with it. I also don't care. If maintaining an incorrect listing will keep them away, long live errors!

I had an interesting experience delivering the package yesterday. I went where my GPS told me, parked, and found I had about a half block walk to where I needed to be. Took package to house. On the way was passed by a golf cart, waved at occupants. Dropped off box and walked back to car. Was stopped by same golf cart, which apparently was following me and was asked what I was doing there and why I had parked at their house! I was hardly sneaking around. I gave the name of their neighbor to whom I delivered the package and told them about the GPS error. They seemed very perturbed and suspicious that I had the audacity to use public street parking in front of their house. I have no doubt that they have recorded my license plate number, checked to see if there is really a package, and will quiz out the people it belongs to. I wondered if they called the bomb squad to inspect it. It was a public street and I was blocking neither driveways nor sidewalks, nor did I stay longer than 15 minutes.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:12 pm

I am here for a bit not sure why I am, not showing up as a registered user. Changed my user preferences. Hum ... that was interesting. Unhid when I visit.

Lunch is over we are taking a break. Perfect weather here for a bit of yard work. Picked some currents. The purple leaf Plum tree has a broken main branch not all the way broken off and hung up on other branches, so until that is safely down thought we had better stay clear of the back yard. I see some chain saw activity here this week end.

I got the cocoa brown wool spun up and will ply that last of it later it has to sit a day befor I can ply the last of it you can learn all kind so things on U tube.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Currently over 90 F outside according to my weather station, which is showing 5 degrees above what the temperature was when I checked it on the computer.

So happy I did the grass earlier today. I have the air conditioning on here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Walked the 30 minutes to the bank to deposit the cheque for the church. No go. I don't have an account there so they would not let me do it unless the cheque was certified. If it turns out to be a bad cheque, they claim they would not be able to reverse the deposit into the church's account because the church didn't give permission for the money to be put in, so the church gets to keep it.

I can't believe the BS the manager was spurting out.

Pointed out that means a 70km drive for us and the cheque will not get into the bank now until Monday (they won't be open on Saturday in the village.)

The reason I don't have an account at that bank? I used to but already shut them down because they are not as good as my bank. Which is too bad since I'd like to take my business elsewhere as a result of today. Oh, and my investment accounts which are with their investment arm were not good enough, had to be a bank account.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Can I make a recommendation out here for a sugar-free barbeque sauce? Know several who would use a sugar free sauce. We have found this only in W mart - both FL & here. Usually have to look for it on the bottom shelf with other sauces. Right now I'm using it on a steak sub. Yum. It's got a tan label. Name: G H ughes Smokehouse sugar free BBQ Sauce. This one says Hickory Flavored -not sure if there's others. Also Gluten free. There's 10 calories per 2 Tbsp serving. Just a thought for some.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Just CUOPed for today but need to read earlier in the week.

I picked up the ddog on at the kennel on the way home and we were home at 4:30 - the drive home was about 2.5 hours. What a week, I feel like my brain is stuffed up to the top with new info and ideas. I am tired, tho.

I am vegging out tonight - will walk the dog around the block before bedtime when it's cooler.

Getting together tomorrow a.m with dneighbor and R uby to walk early - it's been quite hot here this week and hot in B irmingham.

I am really, really considering working toward genealogical certification, and possibly taking clients for fund my "habit" and make some expenses and conferences deductible. I looked at the portfolios in May of last year and thought it was just beyond what I could ever do, having been exposed to it for a year, perhaps I can do this!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Twins: any way you can make your passion pay is a good thing!

Dinner is over. I'm either going to sleep or work on the service. The sermon is 1/3 written and the service is being worked on.

Update hours later: service finished, still working on the sermon.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:33 pm

We went out for Vietnamese for dinner. On the way there, we stopped at a large Canadian brand of store that has mostly outdoor stuff, known as a store that sells mostly car stuff and tires. We got 16 geranium plants for just over $1 each and a lilac bush that has seen happier days for under $10. Because dh and I were sitting outside talking, we were lucky to see a hummingbird approach the HB feeder. For whatever reason, it took off before getting s sip, so dh bought a different, less shiny kind of HB feeder. He also got some peanuts for the Blue Jays and we also saw the male cardinal follow the female to our bird corner, and then she left right away and he hung around. To see both of them together was amazing.

We came home and watered the plants and now it is time to relax in front of our computers. We haven't had the tv on for so long that we can't remember when the last time was that we watched any early evening game shows or news.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”