THURSDAY TA DAHS!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: THURSDAY TA DAHS!

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:04 pm

thinking of you all!!!

Yesterday was busy but fun. senior care in am/my water color class was really fun/visiting with d mil/dsis in laws fun! - Home this am - dd older's work is slow (happened last year at this same time). It drives her crazy.
home today but going to lunch with d mom soon and then going to see a speaker tonight Leave at 5:30 starts at 7

ta dah : worked on papers this morning...end of month stuff and planning Oct bills and expectations. ... cleaned out car and purse. I used all my money for the month except for 111.00 ...I need groceries but will have to wait until pay day. I don't care for this feeling. Too close to call.

Had a long talk with dd older who was here.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

helia

Postby helia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Wow. I hadn't realized that insurance companies can deny you insurance b/c of your dog, RRose. I wonder if we should check with ours? Though, knowing both Pepper and Maia as I do, I cannot imagine them ever biting someone. However, I could imagine Maia, especially in her younger days, being overly friendly and knocking someone down in her enthusiasm to lick them or play with them or be as close as possible to them, not by jumping - she's trained not to jump - but just by her own strength and her drive to be as interactive with people as possible. I actually tripped over her once b/c she suddenly darted right in front of me in an effort to stick to me like glue as I was going down the steps of our patio. I've also experienced Maia charging at me as fast as she can go with a large 6 foot (or longer) stick in her mouth, wanting me to "throw" it for her. Everyone can imagine the damage a fast moving dog can do with a huge stick in her mouth. All in the spirit of play -- not aggression. We've all avoided being smacked or knocked over by her giant sticks, fortunately.

OK -- I need to get cracking on work prep and Th. dinner prep.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:38 pm

So much happy news, Lilac. Especially the part where your pain is over. How is dh's recovery? Is he completely finished now? Funny about the girl's surprise.

Nancy, my new cheap vacuum (Hoover) does fine for what it is, but like you can imagine, under-bed and that sort of thing, which requires the vacuum to go flat, is just not a feature you get for $38.95. Maybe I need to be in the market for one of those Bisel or other stick types.

Fielded phone call for HRH this a.m. from a frequent work partner who had thought he'd find him just getting back here. Let him vent :x and explain a new problem to me first, trying to formulate what he needed to say before he gave HRH bad news. So he got to pull his hair out a while (caught between utility dept delays and upcoming deadline) before HRH even knew he was taking it so hard. HRH came home as the fellow expected, and explanation was a calm puzzle, not panic. HRH was able to remember another problem like this and how it was solved, so both feel better. At end, I heard him say, "Yeah, that's why we pay her the big bucks." I held out my hand.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Helia...

Labs and goldens are not one the list, but Boxers are on some. So I lose on both counts! One city in Canada just bannned all "broad-headed" dogs and those who already own one must muzzle their dogs when out on a leash. And any loose dogs that fit this description that are found on the streets are to be put down immediately.

Understandably people who live in this city are trying to reverse this ban. It is this misconception for certain types of breeds or looks like Willis is why I am so cautious about where I walk my dogs. Willis has a pit looking head but if you know anything about that breed you would know immediately he is a mutt-mix. He has a boxer's body...broad at chest, but narrows way down in his hips and he has little tiny feet and a little tiny tongue as well. Pits have a spark-pug body, and both pits and boxers have wide long tongues and big feet. Willis' are dainty in comparison :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Back from 30 min. Walk w ddog , bs tanked she barked and alerted me, I was already doing a bs check & eating she watched me eat. I am fine she is sleeping now ~ on the couch. :roll: Time to check it again and take meds.

Had some egg & cheese and grated zucchini squash w cheese for breakfast, yummy.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Good morning! Here's a TaDa from payroll that you can look at: if you want to see one of my reports go to http://www.hsd.state.nm.us/LookingForInformation/medicaid-eligibility.aspx and click on the blue Medicaid Eligibility Reports. Check out what happens when you use the Display Map option and then hover over a county. Dinner with friends went well, LOL got done (and put away!), and I remembered the things I needed to bring to work.

The Chief Troublemaker is no longer including me on board emails and appears to be either blocking or not reading my emails. I have written the board president to request that she make sure I am included on emails. I can't vote against motions I never hear about can I? He is so middle school.

Just got back from an offsite meeting and lunch.

Last night, I got to bed nice and early only to be woken up at 12:30 by my unemployed friend with the SOB (soap opera boyfriend). He is not looking for work, owes her money, and is just plain not very nice. He also wants to marry and have babies NOW. It turns out she never invited him to live with her. He came for a wekend and never left! His daughter has been calling my friend drunk and screaming that my friend needs to make the SOB come to Colorado to meet her new baby. The SOB's parents are desperate for them to remain together, probably because he will be living with them again if they split up. I cannot imagine what she is getting out of this relationship.

I had one nice surprise last night though. I was picking out clothes for this morning and came on a favorite shirt that I was reluctantly going to add to the donate bin. It was too tight under the arms last year. Decided to try it on one more time, to see if it was impossible to stand. It fits nicely now and I am wearing it. Now that I have an appointment to look at my foot on the 11th, it's not sore at all.

I'm really sorry to hear about TwinsMom's dog troubles. It can happen even with the best of owners, but it is still sad.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:44 pm

dd older found a young rabbit that was alive and hit by a car... she is driving over an hour away to bring it to a wildlife center where I assume it will be put down. Our vet wouldn't put it down. We just couldn't let it suffer. She said I was driving so much that she was happy to do it.

we are supposed to go to a speaker tonight but now dd younger is booked with getting ready for her midterms ...
I might go.

Had a lovely lunch with d mom/ now have a migraine. its raining here and 60 degrees - which I LOVE! I have all the lights off in the house. natural light coming in and it's perfect.
it's the first time in awhile I have been alone... dh is almost home but I got a half hour!!!
dh just got home - he took all the books i was going to donate and he got 18$ from half price books for them.

hi d Helia, d twins, d harriet, d cathy, d lynn, d dee, d nancy, d lucy, d kathryn, d lilac sorry to hear of your dear cousin, hi d rose, hi d elizabeth and any one I missed.

I am letting my head rest a bit.

Next goal:
planning (sunday I am busy) so I have to figure out what dailies/weeklies/monthlies and focus and holidays I can do with my schedule.
15 item per room put away works well but I have to figure out errands etc with my schedule.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Well that was scary. Had to log in and it wouldn't let me for about 3 tries. No idea why I had to log in again.

My dfriend from the Dr's office called me a while ago. What a peach! She got the Dr. to call in for my x-rays, same place I had my DXA scan. And she talked to my Dr's nurse who gives the flu shots. She told dfriend to have me simply come in Monday morning (she'll be doing paperwork but will stop to give me my shot) so I don't have to worry about dh getting back here. Going to call the hospital now to see if I can just come in tomorrow. Think I can at any time.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:18 pm

Ramblin Rose, the province of Ontario has banned pit bulls and pit-bull-cross dogs (not sure how they tell.) Older dogs are grandfathered and just need to be muzzled.

After the evacuation from Fort MacMurray, a Maritimer there working the oil sands wanted to drive home until the evacuation order was lifted but couldn't because he wasn't allowed to drive through Ontario with his dog. Granted, he would have been in the province over 2 nights but still, that seemed totally ridiculous.

And pit bulls are either turning very violent in their old age (there have been 2 attacks in our city in the last year) or people are still keeping them, despite the ban.

Everyone I know who was bitten by a dog in the face as a child was bitten by a cocker spaniel.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:24 pm

My "ta-dah" for today was the fact that I walked outside this afternoon -at least until it started spitting rain drops again. Was going up to Boulder Hall to walk laps but braved the wind and chill. Managed just fine other than my back feeling it.

Trying to get the gist of carb counting to see if that makes a difference in my weight. Also dfriend from Dr's office suggested I try to check my BS a few times a week in 2 hours after a meal -just to see how I'm really doing and not just the fasting blood sugar. Last night was my first -it was 149 which I think was great.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”