MONDAY MAGIC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: MONDAY MAGIC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:05 pm

(((Lucylee))) It never rains but it pours?

No progress here. Found another meal in the freezer so had that for lunch. Really need to get to a grocery store! Only carrots and potatoes for veggies and one apple left. Less than a quart of milk. Too much cheese and bacon on hand. That's why I'm trying to get to the store, I need to make up something other than grilled cheese and bacon for dinner!

Still haven't done ONE THING off my list for the day. But the laundry is done and the plants watered. So a couple of dailies are done. My ankle is really sore (something that happens when I get too few steps so I end up in a downward spiral.)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Evidently I'm still "not up to snuff". Finding I'm just too tired after having 2 days of 'doing' something out of the house. Of course I'll admit Saturday's jaunt for the hockey game ended very late (after 11:30pm getting home & then not being able to get to sleep until much later.) Then was yesterday's trek to Orlando for a second game and a very restless night of (not) sleeping. Now I'm just plain tired. Had big plans and have snoozed a lot of the time away. Just can't get moving. Have managed to move a few things out of our bedroom but have tons more to do. Guess I'll just let my body have its way (today). ;)

Hope your 'spiral' goes upward soon, Kathryn.

We didn't get any of that rain, Harmony. Though I did hear most was to fall south of Tampa. We got a 'heavy precipitation' warning this morning but it all missed us. FL needs rain so badly for sure.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 pm

I have gotten stew going in the crock pot. Worked on the kit counrers loaded a few more things to be donated. Happy to be making more progress yea!

Another round on the counters and I scrubbed the kit. Sinks. Now to work on the dining table. Starting another box of donations.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:20 pm

I'm hoping my spiral will change too! Dh is away so it is a chance to get a lot done because I don't have to be considerate of him!!!

I've updated the address book although there was a lot of updating already done and I have no recollection of that at all. I suspect maybe dh grabbed my rough notes and did it months ago. I still track who sends us Christmas Cards. The old system (was it P&P) was that you added a check mark each year when you received a card and if someone miss too many years you knocked them off the list. That was when my address cards were cards in the back of my SHE box. Now it is a shared file on Google Drive but I keep a column for the previous year so I can see who has not been been sending out cards. Which is the majority of people these days.

Updated the front of my preaching binder. I had a card about women leaders my female minister gave me years ago. I really didn't like the sentiment so pulled it out. It was negative, more about how women always have to rise again and again - true but I don't want a reminder of that all the time! I took the 'Thanks be to God' card from the side of my desk (it is a roll-top so I have two 'walls' decorated with stuff) and inserted that as the cover of my binder. Being by a female artist, the latest in a long line of strong, women, it also reminds me of the role of women in the church but in a more positive way than the previous card.

Finally, I managed to copy my address book entries into my Google Contacts. Not elegantly, but the information is there if I need it and am not connected to the internet or don't have my computer with me.

So that's 2 things off my list for today plus something off-my-mind (I haven't been liking my preaching binder much for that last while.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:56 pm

d dee I think your body had so much fun at the hockey game that it is saying that today is re-coop day. Hope tomorrow finds your body nice and rested.

Yay on the progress d nancy

I am so excited for your ds, d helia!!! When is your marathon? my dd 27 is extremely physically fit - not muscular looking but very toned. She goes daily to the gym at 5am (not me 8-) :lol: but I wish ;) ). There are days she can't do her work out at all - it happens every so often and she feels okay about it. I think that's pretty normal for fit people. it sounds like your body just needed to step back for a day. My best to you as you work towards your goal. I will be cheering you on.

hello d kathryn... you may not have gotten anything off your list but you have done A LOT of work. BWTG.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:02 pm

I went to the grocery store - thank goodness but my goodness on the price. For being just the two of us I was shocked that it almost hit $100 but I did buy a large walleye - dh can eat almost the entire thing - groceries put away

Dh got dd youngers car interior detailed (she will pay him back when she comes home) - something from the beach last year smelled up her rug in her car - gross.

stop by the library and rented a study room for Thursday- I didn't know I can now do it at home. I am thinking of joining the summer adult reading program.

stopped at office max to get boxes - they had a sale that was cheaper than u-haul

time to drive dh back to the dealership
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Having a break between kids. Sigh ~ time to think of what needs to be taken down by my big loom in the basement. X

I still have a lot of piles of stuff to sort in the creativity room.

It is showering outside again now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Today's hike with DS8 was amazing. I loved every moment of it even though it pushed me beyond my abilities. I can't deny the thought of quitting went through my head about 83 times, but it wasn't an option so I just continue to put one foot in front of the other. 95% of the hike was rocky and vertical (either going up the mountain or coming down). I need to build up stamina for this type of hike. The next hike I pick will definitely be easier.

I was totally faked out when I arrived at the headquarters for the hike. Some older women greeted me and told me it was a strenuous hike. These women looked to be about the age of my mother/DMIL so I thought if they could do it then it couldn't be so hard. HOW WRONG COULD I BE??? These older women had the strength and stamina of mountain goats. They weren't even breathing hard and were talking non-stop the whole hike. Never underestimate older women!

When we arrive home I immediately ordered us Snake Gaiters and sun hats. Those are 2 pieces of hiking equipment we don't have and today I found out they are desperately needed. I might get hiking shoes & clothes in the future but for now, our regular boots and normal clothes work okay.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:32 pm

One thing about good hiking boots is they grip sloped rock so you can plant your foot and be assured it won't slip as go up or down on a steep incline. If your regular boots can do that, then great. It is a huge relief for me to know I can trust my boots.

I'm still working on the residents' work. Got the newsletter written and emailed. The paper version is awaiting word on number of copies needed and the posters are a work in progress. I've decided to restart the walking group next Monday. So those posters are ready to print. Much progress made, much more still be made (up to 2 hours including delivery.)

I didn't get out for a walk today. That's a big loss. Maybe after dinner since the milk situation is bordering on crisis. I found some chicken nuggets in the freezer so am heating those up along with oven fries and a grated carrot. Not the most healthy but better than going out for supper. Which was my current plan.

I'm taking dd to the grocery store tomorrow so if there's enough milk for breakfast (and there should be) then I might just do the shopping with a car rather than on foot.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:39 pm

I will need to take a break from tossing much else bc the trash is getting full. I can do some. KidN was quite demanding today. Dgd is here and is in good spirits feeling better over her cold.

H is working later than his normal shift.
Dinner is a hit.
I walked the dog after dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”