IT'S MAY MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: IT'S MAY MONDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:19 pm

hi d harmony .."although one guy looked like Gilligan with his hat" - that made me smile.
Hoping your month is full of energy!

hi d elizabeth I am glad the pain is not as sharp. Hope you heal fast!
So happy they found your leak

hi d kathryn so great that you got a long overdue task done

hi d helia
Glad you had a nice lunch with friends. I do hope you feel better

hi d lila - so happy to hear you have a shining bright day. I still can't believe the snow you all got! Crazy. So funny what your dh said about mowing.

I am thrilled about your cardiologist d dee - so happy he is personable and you were able to have an appointment

Hi d cathy so frustrating about septic system

hello to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 01, 2017 5:33 pm

So glad that Dee got to see the cardiologist and that all is on the mend. Also glad to see Elizabeth on the mend these days. I hope this is the end of the foot pain.

I still have not done s2s or unpacked bag or started any laundry. When I checked in with dfriend she was about to leave for a walk so I went with her and got in 6K steps at a nearby park. And then got sucked into some research.

Next step, unpack bag and sort laundry. Then s2s.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:02 pm

hi twins!
again welcome home

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Treated myself to a bit of trip planning. Need to put it on a calendar to see if it will work.

BTW: I'm no longer going to Barcelona in October because I'm going to Perth, Australia in January! Went to book the AirBnB for that but had to give up. Either AirBnB has changed its rules or this place (which we have to use) requires higher security. I had to upload pictures (both sides) of government ID. That's dodgy enough so I uploaded my government issued health card. Then they also want me to prove who I am by logging in through a social media account (Google+, FB or LinkdIn.) I chose G+ (since I have an account in my name) but had to agree to give them access to all my contacts. NO WAY! So the only other option is to make a friggin video through their system. My webcam wouldn't work so we restarted the process with dh's computer. That's when I found out they didn't accept my health card. I refused to do it with more important ID (after all, I don't have to do this to book a hotel or real bed & breakfast) so I gave up and refused.

Dh has set up an account and it is doing it now. The weird part? Dh gets angry with hotels when they take his passport to make a copy. Here, a copy of his ID will be floating around on the internet for no really good reason. There are other things to use.

So, AirBnB is now out of my trip planning tool chest. For the rest of the travel world, my credit card is good enough ID.

I'm in a bad mood now as well. Plus the airfare to Perth has gone up by 50% since the last time we were there. So I won't be taking Emirates.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 pm

yay about going to Australia (both my girls love Australia) so happy for you d kathryn

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:09 pm

I fell into the computer rabbit hole... ;) :shock:

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Glad you're recouping, Elizabeth. You're getting a lot done, despite being fairly immobile. It always amazes me when I'm under the weather that I seem to get more done in those 5 minute increments than when I'm well.

I dislike clutter, even if the clutter has purpose... we don't need that much purpose.
Oh, I love that, Blessedw2! "We don't need that much purpose! True, true, true.

I had mentioned to the cardiologist today how tired I get if I try to put too much in a day or have "back to back days" of doing. They had told me in the hospital that it would take 3-4 months for my heart to get back to 'normal' and it's finally dawned on me they were talking about the healing process of the procedures. This Dr. told me that it would probably be around a year to build that strength and stamina and not get so tired. That was reassuring.
And now that I think of it I remember from years ago hearing that it takes about a year to feel whole again for anything serious. Duh....I forgot.

Texted dh a while ago to be sure he was under cover. They're in a tornado watch for several hours and the rain & wind are horrible.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 01, 2017 6:12 pm

It is raining out I feel a bit puny. Looking forward to better weather. Forgot to turn up the heat this morning. That helped. Walk ddog to corner & back that helped also. I did one load of laundry. Got the living room vacuumed also. Making that progress helps me feel better.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 01, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:53 pm

My d mil years and years ago had heart surgery and they told her the same thing.. and they were right. Your energy will come back d dee!

Hope you feel better soon d nancy.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 01, 2017 8:21 pm

I am tired.
Dh got a quick injection of Lasix at the cardio clinic -- and he has grumbled all day about how he HATES to go there, or to any doctor... how he ALWAYS feels worse afterwards.... yada yada yada...

Got all the laundry done when we got home.

Talked to ds and ddil -- found out dgs will NOT be playing t-ball this year -- has to turn 5 by April 30, and his birthday isn't till June. Disappointing, but we all agree another year's maturity will definitely be a good thing for dgs.

Talked to dmom.

Reading a book now and watching ballgame with dh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”