Triumphant Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Triumphant Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Dee, we are really glad you are with us here too! We were pretty scared for you during that time.

Another triumph for me, the vacuuming and floor mopping is done (except I have to put away the mop and bucket. I'm taking a short break while the floors dry.

Still have to finish the accounting (just some photo copies) and organize the reports for the accountant and the files to take with me to the appointment. I'll also find the USB stick I usually use for the file transfer and get that ready for her by wiping off last year's files so there will be no confusion.

Dh is off walking with NFD now. He took the car up so he could get there in time. I'm short 3.5K steps so am thinking of going for a walk now and then working later into the night. Although, I'm on a roll and worry I won't get back to work later so maybe I'll just forge ahead. The kitchen chores haven't been done for weeks so that is still on my to-do list.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Was stopped in the grocery store today by an employee promoting the store Mastercard. I already have one so she offered to scan it and add an offer of 2500 points (worth $2.50) if I bought $75 worth of stuff today. I did but the points haven't appeared. Dd commented that it might be a scam so I'm freaked out now.

I've emailed the company with no reply and have now put in a claim for the points. In my email I asked for immediate reply because I think I've been scammed. It has now been 2 hours. I'll give them another hour and then put a hold on my credit card for 48 hours before deciding whether or not to cancel the account. I won't bother replacing it with a new card, it will be a complete cancel because I'm annoyed at them for putting me in this situation (having employees offering extra services happens a lot at the store so that's why I wasn't on my guard.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Dee - I'm so glad your health is doing so much better now. POTB for taking such good care of yourself and making progress on recovery.

I had a 1/2 lb gain at WW. I'm not thrilled about any gain but considering the 9 meals I ate out this week, it could have been worse. My scales at home showed a loss this morning, but getting on the scales in the evening is a challenge to predict. I am enjoying the WW meetings. We have a really good instructor and awesome vibe going with the interaction between the attendees. Another niece joined WW this week so there is family interaction at the meeting too.

DH came home from town with a Baby Alive doll. The little neighbor girl that DGD5 plays with is having a birthday soon. She told DH that she wanted this doll so DH went looking for it. Now DGD5 wants one too. Argh! I just bought her birthday gifts yesterday. I read the reviews on the doll and decided to pass on getting her one. The doll eats, p**p, and pees. Changing the baby doll diapers would be fun the first few times, but I think the novelty will wear off quickly. AND I don't want to add to my to-do's of buying disposable diapers for a fake baby!

I'm having a rough start with the Echo. I ordered it Saturday night. On Sunday A-river dropped the price $30. I email A-river and they refunded the $30. Meanwhile, the Echo started not consistently working. I researched and did all the troubleshooting without solving the problem. Today I decided to give up on making it work and get a replacement for it. When I went to A-river to request a replacement.......I found a totally new Echo version is being released next month. So I decided to get a total refund & return this Echo and have pre-ordered the new version. I find it somewhat surprising how quickly I became dependant on the new capabilities of having this device. It is a sidetracker dream because it handles commands immediately without me stopping to do the task myself.....and then forgetting what I was doing before I stopped to do this.

The metal for the fence arrived today. DH is busy installing it to the frame. We only ordered about 20' to test in an area of the yard that can't be easily seen I like the looks of a metal fence over the look of a wooden fence, but I wanted to do a test before committing to it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 09, 2017 9:12 pm

More little and not so little triumphs. Dinner dishes are done, kitchen's weekly chores done, garbage out, fresh towels out, the dirty towels in the washer, the room dividing screen back where it belongs hiding the storage bins, talked on the phone for ages while doing all this with my music friend.

Still have to get the accounting stuff together but I'm having a cup of decaf tea at the moment.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Thanks, Kathryn. This community has come to mean so much to me over many years. Hard to believe we've been around for as long as we have. Another thing I read in this report (and I asked dh tonight if he knew this ahead of time and he said "No.") The statement was made that inserting these stents was "extremely risky". I was thankful before that I have a second chance at life (and maybe I'll keep getting better at it? ) but even more so after reading that. Every day is definitely a blessing.

Hmmm..... I just happened to look at the synopsis under my Avatar and remember teasing Kathryn a few years ago when her location read something other than what she has when she was home. Just noticed mine says "Western New York........". Obviously I forgot to change mine too! :? I'll be there soon enough and it'll be 'right' again. :lol: so I won't bother changing it now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 09, 2017 9:35 pm

K in C I so hoped U were not scammed.

I got the coop cleaned and put the half burrell back in with shavings. Left it out this spring for safety. I still need to clean out nest boxes but I will try to get to that tomorrow.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 09, 2017 11:13 pm

Triumphs:
Took dgs to school
Kept dgd
Changed sheets
Washed 3 loads of clothes, plus 1 single-item load
Vacuumed living areas of house
Picked up dgs at school, ordered pizza
Walked around cemetery (his request)
Picked up pizza
Home, ate, ddil came to get dgrands
Helped dh with his supper (scrambled eggs)
Cleaned up kitchen
Went out for dessert
Talked to dmom on phone

Whew! I feel VERY triumphant tonight!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 10, 2017 12:10 am

Hi, lucylee

Dee, if the doctor had evidence/facts in front of him, I wish he'd have suggested a specific amount of water to increase BY. Wonder if you could call and ask receptionist to forward that question? I mean, does he see a need for you to increase by an additional cup a day, or is he seeing a need for "twice as much", or... .. how would he quantify it. If you are including a lot of high-water-content fruits and vegetables in your diet you don't need to shoot for so much as 8 cups of water a day. Most people are eating anything but that, however, so the liquids they drink from glasses may be all the moisture they get, and in that case the 8 cups a day idea looks pretty good. Yes, I think juices and coffee cups count, also soup or stew liquid somewhat. Of course, caffeine is also a diuretic so it works a little bit against you, but still it's liquid.

My dsecondmil is in her mid to late 70s, blessed. During the time she was caregiver for my dstepfil, she had an "always busy" persona, but I figured that was because of her hand-wringing worry over him and desire to be ahead of any problems in being a nurse to him. But that drive has never abated.

More renovation has happened around her house in the year since his death than I could have believed possible, from new ceiling to new roof, carpet and rug changes and furniture going out, furniture coming in, even tree work. Not to mention all the work in her late dh's garage, which simply was not a priority but kept her so upset that sons, grandsons, friends of friends, in-laws and neighbors were all working. She has worn everyone out by now, though, and still thinks of more needs. She says everyone must understand that they have to help her because she's not able, but she gets more done than anyone I know. :)

If she's not supervising someone as they do her a favor, she becomes despondent. Work needs to be happening all the time, or she takes it as a personal affront and starts saying she is unloved. I've never experienced this. I do know that HRH is the wrong person to be working with her because both of them want to be "boss", and he challenges her on her statements or her logic.

Twins', the one I want is a certificate from Cornell, which has been steadily improving its distance (online) learning dept, eCornell, for decades now and offers 40 certificates. Most of them carry either educational accreditation or credit toward professional organization requirements. In the case of this Plant Based Nutrition course, which is their most popular, Cornell offers 30 CNEs (Contact Nursing Hours) to RNs upon completion, and doctors, pharmacists, dietitians and physical therapists receive their own comparable credits. So even if you are not in those professions, you have assurance that the coursework is demanding and the piece of paper is respected. My Ag certificate is from Penn State, which was a distance-learning pioneer, but has been steadily paring down the dept and offers very little now. It's just not the way they want to go any more.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 10, 2017 12:56 am

Hi everyone! Fast late check in. It is almost 11 pm and I have much to do to prepare for payroll tomorrow. I have been to DD15's band concert. She liked band until the current group of kids. She is not doing it next year, but will concentrate on guitar. Less noisy anyway, so she will like it better. The wind blew a fence down at her father's house. No one was injured and she was able to get the dogs inside before anyone took off. (One is a Siberian husky - a breed well known for running away. Not to get away from people, just for the sheer joy of running. He is less inclined to take off without thinking because his vision is very bad.)

My main tasks now: feed and water cats (boxes are done), arrange tomorrow's breakfast and lunch, and load the car. Good night!

Return to “Post When You Can”