ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Home again - I got through the meeting. Hopefully won't need to do a lot more. :shock:

Need to get going on our supper.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:17 pm

its a hard meeting to go through d twins... I am thinking of you ((()))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:18 pm

:D d lady

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Eye exam day for me and HRH. First time in 10 years, it turned out. I was embarrassed, but our dr didn't fuss. He says that since he just read an article that says 50 percent of eye care professionals haven't had an eye exam in 5 years, he's decided there's no room to fuss.

He was a little suspicious for HRH since there were once blood sugar issues, but since everything looked fine, not a big deal. He said just keep doing everything he's doing. Both of us had better eyesight today than 10 years ago and the little place in my left eye that was a concern last time (a separation of some kind?) isn't there any more. We both have slight cataracts but not as much as he expected. I'll be going over to bifocals for the first time, although we find it odd it's written out on HRH's script and not mine... .. hmmm.

Because there was zero pressure from their office to use the optometrist area outside, we came on home with our prescriptions and will shop later. Obviously, I need to get new glasses soon since I wear them all the time and don't need this strong a prescription any more.

HRH just looks friendly, I guess - Santa Claus-y. People in waiting rooms start talking to him. One lady today changed seats to sit near him and talk. As she went in with the dr we could hear her tell him, "That's such a nice man."

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:27 pm

well came across the sweet alive wee mousy. I tried to pick it up with gloves but it went under the bed to where I can reach- unfortunately the little mouse can not be in dd's room .. everything but her surfboard, her emptied chest of drawers and her bed is out of her room. The surfboard is signed and was a gift but has not been used lol bc we don't hawaii or california waves 8-).

dharriet.. I love that your doctor was so cool. Glad that your eyesight is better... that's wonderful. how sweet that the woman said such a lovely thing about your dh.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Pea soup progress report, the peas are chewable I added spice and onion tops from my spring onions, house smells yummy now, next add sausage bc I do not have a ham bone. (They are actually chick peas.) It was yummy! A hit with hubby and the dog wanted a few.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 10, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 10, 2017 7:00 pm

The guy DD is living with came and picked up DGD5. They seem to be in happy family mode. I hope it isn't a fantasy.

Kathryn - I was planning to get a weather station until I found one is already broadcasting the weather information about 1/2 miles from me. I found it broadcasting on wunderground.com.

I am working on getting homeschool stuff organized. I have to stay on top of it in order to be able to feed the next, next, next, next, next, etc lessons to DS8.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 10, 2017 10:03 pm

I'm about stepped out. I mean... not "stepping out" -- done with stepping. Whatever.
Had dgd from about 1:00 until 5:00 this afternoon. We picked up dgs at school at 3:00, went to drug store, went to family cemetery (dgs's request) and walked around there about 30-45 minutes, then home, where all sorts of chaos began.

DGS could NOT seem to leave dgd alone... she fussed...

Phone rang -- I kid you not -- look at this:
Dmom -- 4:22 (just another recital of the progress of her cough, and word from dentist appt today)
DDIL -- 4:23 (told dmom I'd call her back) (she just wanted to talk, on her way home from work)
DS -- 4:28 (ignored)
Told ddil (whom ds also called) to tell ds I was calling dmom back, she could get messages from ds
Called dmom -- 4:32 (more of same)
DDIL called BACK -- 4:36 (ignored)
Called ddil back -- 5:07 (she and ds were eating at a local fast food place, would be here in 5-10 min.)

In the midst of all this, dgs managed to spill my Diet Coke all over the table, and got quite a lot of Cheerios on the floor, plus I was trying to feed dgd.

By the time they got here to pick up these wild kids, I was just about to pull my hair out.
Actually, dgd was fine until dgs got here. She followed me around while I finished vacuuming and doing the laundry, and she was happy as a lark.
DGS just can't seem to leave her ALONE. He has to be crawling around, chasing her, getting in her way, trying to keep her out of something he wants to do, etc...
LOL -- at the drug store drive-thru, he was making her fuss, and I told him if he did not stop we were going STRAIGHT home and he would be in time-out. He said okay, and all was well...
When we got home from the cemetery, he said, "I managed to leave her alone until we got here, too."
LOL...

Then dh & I went to the other drug store, home for supper, and I finished another load of laundry. So at least, laundry and WHB vacuuming are DONE.
* whew *

I can't even think.
DH had bad night and not too great a day. His stomach is very upset. He thinks too much fruit? Sheesh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 10, 2017 10:35 pm

Hope he feels better, lucylee.

I checked at the link to find the one closest to me, LadyM, and it has changed. (weather) We now have one at a household (?) just one road over. Maybe 5 minutes away by car, but very close as the crow flies. I sent the site url to HRH. I hadn't checked about a change like this for a few years and this will be much closer info now.

I let the hens hunt bugs awhile. Ophelia is going to get herself killed with her far-ranging. She can be out of sight in a minute, and that means an out-of-sight predator can make off with HER. I always have to chase her back. She hears a different drummer.

Cooked wild and brown rice in the instant pot while I was outside.

HRH and ds are getting to bed early in order to take the tractor tomorrow. We thought, overnight, that the tractor's hydraulic cylinder had a problem. In the dark last evening, both HRH and ds were stumped. But while we were at dr today dstepson came and looked at it and fixed it. Nice to have various family members with various experiences in life. I knew I would be glad we paid for that truck-driver training school for him, many years ago! I told HRH to tease both sons that my own suggestion was to call dsonil. :lol: That was mischief! Dsons are both usually more hands-on jacks-of-all-trades than dsonil. But he teaches hydraulics along with lots of other electrical and electronics courses. As a matter of fact, he just had a student win a state competition. Would have been funny if he'd have been here and understood the problem better than they did!

HRH is so relieved. He says trying to tell his mother that the tractor had a problem, right when she expected him to come do some work, would have been miserable. Dstepson also gave it a car-wash here in prep for sending off. I'll be sure to tell her what each one has done toward this effort. I imagine she will appreciate this for days. ;)

The only downer is that HRH was going to use the time, if he couldn't go to his mother's, in visiting with his cousin. But hopefully that opportunity will come up lots of times. Cousin's sister called here to tell HRH how much weight her brother has lost, which doesn't sound good.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 10, 2017 11:36 pm

It was 91* outside here this afternoon. Phew had to turn on a/c again. Next Tues. Snow in the mtns. Is forecast. Turn down invite at sils he is having dd, his mom doubt they have room weathe will be iffy for out side we have been feeling puny. Sil ad had knee surgery not doing well coping post surgery. Family is struggling to with care issues as we read here at times on this board.

When I said no could not make it I saw relief in dd they have enough stress.

I think I want to sew up ths other batch of bags off white flannel and garden a bit. I have holes in back to fill in maybe in the a m.

Return to “Post When You Can”