THURSDAY TRENDS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: THURSDAY TRENDS

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:13 pm

hi d twins - why are they thinking hospice d twins :( Yes your d mom's money would have to be given up - the house etc. The same happened for my d grandparents home, ss, and french ss went to the nursing home. My mother still had to pay for their assisted living. I am thinking of you with love! Praying for your d mom as well. It's really hard. ((())) Its good you can come here and talk - We are here for you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:23 pm

hi d lady glad homeschooling went well! Hope your dd's car gets fixed.

hi d nancy hope the rain stays away for your plant sale

he d lucy dinner sounds lovely - how wonderful to go to music in the park. Have fun (((dh)))

hi d sunny how great d sunny re: dgs becoming a boy scout. enjoy your turkey soup!

Yay on your emails d elizabeth

hi d harmony well done on your paperwork/computer work

hi d helia.. so nice to see you! Yay on the 8 mile run!!! Wonderful for your ds!!!So happy for him, well done d helia's d son.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Twins another thing to consider is if her house is in her name. My grandmother had to liquidate everything including her home before Medicare kicks in. It may differ in your state but you need to check into that as well.

I've been down this road four times and next up is my mom. This will be part of the focuse when I go home in June. Her mind is sharp as a tack but she is failing physically. She cooks and takes care of her own condo, but she is on the second floor with only stairs to use to get to the ground floor.

I was against this unit when she bought it 8 years ago, but she refused to listen to me. She
Wabble When she walks but refuses to use a cane or walker. However she is a wiz at driving a car, go figure.

My brother and I discussed getting in home help for her while at my son's wedding figuring she would figh us, but when he brought it up to her the other day she agreed to it.

I have a very good friend that I taught with for ten years who has been in the home
Care services since she retired from teaching 8 years ago. I am going to have lunch with her in two weeks so she can walk me through the home care serves and give me some guidance. I completely trust her and will listen to her advice. I'm so lucky to have someone like her who knows the ropes.

All three of Sweeties parents... he had a stepmom.... lived their last years in a retirement community that had three tires; from independent to memory units. Sweetie and I began planning for ourselves in our early 50's.

My son has decided if I out live Sweetie he's gonna stick me with his dad...easier for my son he's an only child and I told him if we both have dementia perhaps we will
Remember each other from when we were young and in love lol
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Thu May 11, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 11, 2017 8:51 pm

Yes, her house is in her name, but it is exempted until she passes away, and then there is a hardship waiver than can allow an adult child who has been a caregiver to exempt the house from the estate recovery. Her house is in awful shape to be honest. Other than dbro having a place to live I probably wouldn't care. And my main concern is dmom, not dbro.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 11, 2017 9:43 pm

I resolved the Tech issues resolved yea! I think they may have been doing updates. I do the tech stuff here.
Dinner is done dishwasher is going.
Cooling trend here it is raining just a bit so soup again tomorrow nite only it will be a diff. Kind.
The wind is blowing here now.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 11, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

helia

Postby helia » Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Thank you for letting me brag here a little and thank you for your congrats for ds. He's just going to be chill for 2 months before he starts real life. He has a side project he's working on. I think it involves creating a computer language.

Wow, ((Twins)), you have so much going on with dmom. I'm not there yet, though my parents' pantry and fridge are filled with expired food items. I can't throw stuff out, though, b/c that would offend dmom. They eat it and don't get sick.
Well, that sounds convenient for ds - if you both do have memory issues, RRose. :)
Good job on the basement, blessed.
I hope dh figured out the tech issues, nancy. --Oh, I just was they got solved. Yay!
I'm glad you had a good day schooling ds, LadyM. Are the schools almost finished for the year where you are?
Hi lucylee! Enjoy music in the park tonight.

RB just left and 2 friends of dd21's have just arrived. Kind of a revolving door here. Dd21 invited a friend to join us for dinner last night too. Anyhow, the girls are making g-f cupcakes, and then they're going to watch The Secret Life of Pets.

I got all my goals done today, so that feels good. I'm really tired, but before I go to bed I need to stretch and then help dh enroll in the id theft protection program. This is the program the IRS says he can enroll in since someone filed tax returns in our name.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Got some hotels booked for the trip. Had to change my itinerary in order to hit the 'big city' on a weekend. That saves $100 per night, which over 3 nights is worth shifting things around.

Dh wrote his teleconferences onto the calendar so we drive to Quebec from my church service, arriving later in the evening. Sleep in a little, teleconference in the morning, take a ferry to the tour around in the afternoon/evening, early bed. Next day drive to Moncton, New Brunswick, about 9 hours on the road. Next day, two teleconferences in the morning (we'll have to get a late checkout) and then drive to Prince Edward Island using the bridge. Two nights there, piddling around the island a bit. There are some historic sites to see and a national park. Drive to Halifax on the Friday. If we take the bridge and push it, dh can meet with a potential client in the afternoon. Or on Monday morning, we'll see which date the client takes. Visit 3x with Unc, then head up to Cape Breton. Two nights but only one day there. Teleconference the morning we are to leave to drive up the east coast of New Brunswick, so our next stop might be later in the evening. Then two nights on the Gaspe Penisula, then head home which will be a two day drive. That gets us home 2 weeks after we left and one day early. In other words, there's one extra day we can take for hiking or whatever if we feel compelled to do so.

I still have to book the Gaspe and Cape Breton. No chain hotels in either place. The rest of the nights are booked with one of two chains so we'll load up on loyalty points to use on our summer road trip. I'm thinking we'll have enough for 2 nights if we are staying in backwater places. I'll move up to being a Gold Member part-way through the trip which means extras during the summer road trip like snacks. Mid-week stays also get me $5 gift cards at Tim Horton's. So I'll get another 4 of those during the trip.

Once I know for sure the trip is on, I might swap the Halifax flexible reservation for a prepaid one to save $100. I'm just waiting to hear when the meeting will be.

Return to “Post When You Can”