Monday Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:43 pm

kitchen home blessing done,
my desk is clean - papers recycled and some shredded.
dining room: home blessing done except for vacuuming - so that is next

My goal is to finish the home blessing - mindset is telling me that it is too much work but I will bring my timer and see what it actually will be.

finished the downstairs home blessing and I am not 8-) ;) :D going to do the upstairs dusting and vacuuming until tomorrow.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:59 pm

Home from town. I got a "see you in a year" report from the eye doctor so I'm pleased.

We went to Sam's so DH could buy supplies for the church. While there I found 3 matching shirts for DH, DS10, and I. I do realize that this is breaking all the style rules and totally corny. We don't care and will be wearing them for Easter. I also picked up a couple of Hurley summer shirts for DS10. Those shirts are popular with his age group. I don't enjoy clothes shopping so I'm always pleased to stumble across clothes with almost no effort....I consider it a double win when $50 name brand shirts are selling for $12.

We discussed eating in town (it was 2pm and we hadn't eaten lunch). Neither DH or myself wanted to eat out. We both wanted to come home and eat. I gave DS10 some money and he bought his lunch at Sam's Deli and ate while we were shopping.

DH has gone to drop off supplies at the clothes closet then he will pick up DGD7 from school.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:16 pm

My day has been rolling along quite nicely.
Picked up footprints, made breakfast, put away laundry,showered, got in 6250 steps so far, ate lunch and sat in the sun, legs only for 20 minutes.

Sweetie wants to go out for dinner so I needn't worry about that today.

Interesting conversations concerning husbands and wife relationships. Sweetie and I have always done our own thing as well as spending time together.
Some of our interests match and like others, some don't. I am an extrovert most of the time and he is an introvert. He doesn't like to travel home with me unless its a special occasion. And I believe he would have skipped my son's wedding if I had let him. We had great honest conversations before we moved in together about our expectations of what our relationship would look like so we were both knew what to expect.

Sweetie loves old movies, John Wayne and cowboys. I don't, at least most of the time. I like spies, adventure and murders. I read books and he reads on his computer. We both love the beach and being outside. He seldom if ever visits his friends at their homes and I am free to meet up with mine when ever I want. I travel and he stays home to take care of Wlliis...his choice. We eat out often, not only because of the food, but because we usually end up having great table conversations. He can hardly go a day without his nose in all his political blogs he loves to read, and I need my coffee and Perry in the mornings.

I love to exercise at the gym in the early mornings and he walks every night. I need people and he doesn't.

We've had many conversations about retirement and what it should look like. Sweetie retired as CEO and President of his company at 45, downsized and taught himself how to program. I can hardly figure out how to save a file. He reinvented himself and started a new company after teaching himself 3 computer languages, and for the first 12 years of our lives I would loose him for weeks at a time while he worked on a project. I was ok about it because I knew it would only be a temporary thing.

Sweetie says its hard for a man to retire because whatever his career had been, it is how a man defines himself. And retiring means loosing his identity and purpose. Sweeties brain is constantly working...constantly. That why once he stopped doing his second career he decided to build our Shelby Cobra, which by the way came in 23 boxes, along with the frame, motor and transmition. Took him three years and he had never built a car before. He loved the challenge cause it kept his brain busy, and I totally get that.

One of the reasons we are looking for a different place to live is because we want to move into a 55+ active community. All my friends here are gals that I worked with and we have little in common as far as doing activities together. I am much more active than they are and most are either tied up with taking care of parents or grandchildren. I need to be around more like people like myself and Sweetie recognizes this. As long as he has his computer, me and Willis he is totally content. We are looking for a place that will be closer to the ocean and offer other outside types of activities. We love to day hike. I would love a camper like Elizabeth, but he wants a hotel room and available food. So we compromise, which I believe is the heart of any good relationship.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:21 pm

I love pie! and PIE (Progress Is Enough)
Me too! Looks like a good title for some PWYC days!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Okay, I'm chiming in with PIE (Progress is Enough.) I finally got off my bottom, I had been writing/researching away all day. And honestly not getting very far on it. I waited until late afternoon when the rain was starting too. :shock: So I dropped off at the cleaners and went to grocery, and when done at the grocery it was raining cats and dogs and small hail too. I got my car loaded, and then called dd back, she had called while I was grocery shopping and I said I'd call her back....so it turned out she was at same grocery by then and I went in (wet) and caught up with her while she did some of her grocery shopping. I bailed after a bit tho, and got on home. I told her that Muffin would be missing me, since it was stormy. :lol:

So now I need to finish putting groceries away and finish a.m. routine.

I got myself a fancy salad at P ublix, but I'm cold now so I'll probably have soup with it. The sun is out again, weakly. (Checking the weather now for more storms coming in. That was really small hail but the first I've seen since the mega storm in Colorado at the zoo that busted out skylights where we were sheltering at the zoo.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 pm

quick hi! hi
hi d twins, hi d dee, hi d rose, hi d lady, and hi dear all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:36 pm

We went for the buffet when it opened for the evening at 4:30 and there was a line up to get in. When I got to the podium, they asked how many seniors in our group. Their idea of senior is anyone over 65, so I had to say nobody. We ate and got home in time for the 6 o'clock news.

Dd is still out in the garage sorting her stuff.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:21 pm

LadyM, I'm glad you are satisfied with your eye report. I guess you can see well up close. I was told at one of my visits that 20/40 is legal for driving here in my state. So one is legal as long as one eye is corrected to at least that.

I contemplated going out to supermarket. I would have to put something over my bad eye as the sight I'm getting from that is very distracting. I didn't have the confidence to try it. I am 20/40 with my good eye with my old glasses. It's the other that makes it so difficult.

It is not working well around here, me being dependent on DH. I tried to do enough things ahead of time before my 1st operation, plus stuff for his dental work. But I did not expect things to drag out this long and be this bad. There is a lot to say on this subject, but this is not the place.

Soup and sandwich for my dinner. I am so tired of pieces of chicken off the bought ones and I don't think I've had a vegetable in a week. Or a salad. When we were in the supermarket the other night I couldn't read the labels and DH was tired and sore. It doesn't help that since all this started, absolutely nothing appeals to me to eat. Plus I've been cold since the first operation.

Something about not seeing well has my thinking muddled too. We searched and searched for the missing telephone today but we had all 4 of them and none was missing. I just couldn't get it straight in my head. When I put something down I can't go back and find it. Or remember what I did.

Boy. I need a do over for this day. Maybe this whole month.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:24 pm

CathyS wrote:When I got to the podium, they asked how many seniors in our group.

You really can't 'win' this week can you?!! At dsil's birthday there were signs up that over 65 was the discount. When our bill came, there were two seniors meals. I don't mind dh getting the discount 4 years early, but I wasn't too happy I did too! Except I was because I'm frugal!!!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:30 pm

I got my spring wreath up and the wreath/table decorating stuff organized. Made some boxes for them so things are more accessible now in their little drawers. Nothing got tossed out. I'm not surprised, I cull those drawers on a fairly regular basis.

I worked on that while talking on the phone with my music friend. I also put away the winter blanket I had out and a winter hot chocolate jug I use to add moisture to the air. I'll leave the radiator humidifiers out for now since it is still very cold over night and very dry in here. I ran the vaporizer all night and it still was only 32% humidity in the room in the morning.

I've had my dinner and watched another episode of 7 Days Out (another Netflix series that came out this month.) Dh and I watched Losers (on the recommendation of one of you) and really enjoyed it.

I need to get my concentration working and get some work done. I'm putting the vacuuming off until tomorrow (the wreath stuff made a HUGE mess so I'm glad I didn't vacuum last night as I had planned.) I need to get some emails and some work done. I'm very disappointed in myself.

Return to “Post When You Can”