R your Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: R your Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:42 pm

Oh Harriet, I am so sorry! What a predicament! I just had an idea, you could have worn a mask and let everyone know you thought you "were catching a cold" and didn't want anyone else sick! Then if you see them next week and they ask, it was only allergies... The purell and all is a good idea too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:53 pm

((((Harriet!)))) oh my, what a predicament. We'll think positive thoughts that you picked up NOTHING!

I am so lazy/sleepy today & I actually had a pretty good night's sleep (for me).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:06 pm

((((Elizabeth)))) WOW! Are you okay? I'm sorry about the accident. Ouch! I hope witnesses or a random camera shows up to prove what happened.

cherry tomatoes from your garden now?

I have been growing 6 tomato plants indoors this winter. I have them sitting next to a big south-facing window which gives them the maximum amount of sunshine available. Last fall I snipped the tops off 4 of the tomato plants before the frost and stuck those 4 cuttings into a pot of dirt. I was clueless whether it would work but they rooted and took off. Then a couple of months later I took 2 cuttings from those plants and made 2 more plants. These 6 tomato plants have been producing cherry tomatoes all winter. I am using' plant yo-yo'sto support them and the tomato plants are outgrowing the hangers... I'm guessing the plants are close to 7' tall now and loaded with tomatoes. I just did a count and there are over 50 tomatoes currently growing on them and twice that many blooms. I love experimenting and being surprised at what works.

I am REALLY enjoying learning to grow microgreens and sprouts. It is so simple, quick and easy to do. Besides the fun of growing them, I like eating the results. I have read that the nutrition value of microgreens/sprouts is about 30x of eating the full-grown plants.

(((((Harriet)))))
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Had a bit oif down time after lunch & rested then started a crochet puppet. Dgd will be here in about 45 min.
I am so glad I kept that can of nails I used them for hanging plants on. :mrgreen:
Got the sprouted ones out to the plant cage!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Oh, (((Harriet)))... oh yes... I totally understand. Totally. Surely you didn't catch any germs to bring home to HRH, sounds like you took excellent precautions... but you know, seclusion in that camper sounds pretty good too... ;)
This is the funeral of my cousin's husband of 60 years, and our next-door neighbor's own Daddy. This means that for sixty years, this man came home to my slightly nutty cousin every night and with every paycheck, and smiled doing it. Many people who feel achy and weary and soooo tired, will somehow get themselves together and they will make it to this funeral when they haven't been able to go to much else in years and won't be able in future. They will come in walkers and in wheelchairs and through embarrassments we can't imagine when we're feeling well (or worse, young and well at the same time). lucylee, you see this, don't you????? I want to holler at all 3 of my children (the oldest does not get a free pass) "it's my cousin. My cousin, I tell you!"

I couldn't help but smile at this... because oh yes... I understand...

And (((Elizabeth))) What. A. Day.

Waving to everyone!!!

My R for the day I WISH COULD BE -- REST!!!
Oh me... dgd was up at 8:30 am and has been constantly wanting something ever since. I absolutely believe the child could eat the entire 3-lb bag of Halo oranges/tangerines. She won't eat much else, however... and potty training is an absolute bust... I suppose she may be wearing her pull-ups to the senior prom.
I, of course, have had less than 5 hours sleep b/c dh and I found ourselves watching Thunder Road (Robert Mitchum) last night. HE had seen it 3 times in one day as a child, back when children spent their Saturdays at the local theater and could watch the same film over and over. I had never seen it, and since it is one of his all-time favorites, I wanted to see it. * sigh *
I wish I could persuade this child to take a nap... and I wish dh would suggest take-out for supper. I hate to push for take-out, knowing he needs to watch his diet when possible... but oh my goodness I am exhausted.
On the bright side, ddil sent a picture of dgs at the Polk home. Looked like he was having a ball. He told me last night he was going to "tell the tour guides some facts about the presidents." ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Oh my! Such goings on for people of our little village.
(Elizabeth) I hope you don't feel pain later on from the impact. Your poor car! But glad you are safe.
(Harriet) oh my. I'll just bet you didn't put yourself more at risk than when you go to drug store or church.

R. I'm done for a while, resting now. I managed with mag. glass to read labels and meat thermometer and I baked a little roast with onion potatoes and carrots, then made gravy to pour over. We now have enough food to get us through the weekend.

I've had a shower and hair is in rollers. Kitchen is cleaned up. I've done a manicure and I'm typing with my very top fingertips. Last coat is not on yet.

Need to check mailbox. Then I'm going to nap till DH gets home.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:10 pm

(((Elizabeth))) I'm hoping you realize I've had hardly any time today to myself. And most importantly the time hadn't been there to see your post and realize. Yes, yes, will pray for financial/vehicle concerns. Please remember, you could not have been hit in the rear very well had it been your fault, now could you? And if there were two blows to the rear the damage will likely shout to anyone that you were shoved! ((((hugs))) HRH says red fluid dripping out of a car is either very obvious transmission fluid or a very hush-hush murder.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:19 pm

hi everyone!
home again but really tired. Interesting ;)

d harriet - it was good that you went. I don't know if the kids understand the importance yet even though we teach them.
That was special that you went. Priceless says it perfectly!!!

d elizabeth oh my gosh I am so sorry that happened!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:58 pm

Dear ((((Harriet)))), I agree with Harmony. Seems like you're more than likely to pick up more germs at church or the dreaded shopping cart handles -and HRH too when he does go out.

Elizabeth, so glad you're okay. Dfriend was hit from behind at a light that wasn't working 3 times last June. Now just how did he hit her 3 times? She's still going to physical therapy. Electric had gone out from a wind storm. Hoping everything works out well in YOUR favor!

Have my new phone all activated. Didn't take long. But THEY have to remove the SIM card and replace it in the new phone. I'm finally good to go after nearly a week.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Homeschool is almost finished. DS10 is practicing the Snake Dance song 3 times and then he will be done. We went until 4:15 because we paused several times for different activities.

I picked DGD7 up from school and listened to her tell about her day. She will be here for the next several days. DD will be working 56 hours in the next 4 days.

We had a good phone conversation with DSon and his family last night. We made plans to meet two times in April. The first time will be to meet in Texas to watch DGS12 compete in gymnastics. Then later in April, we plan to meet in Arkansas to watch DGD8 compete in her very first equestrian competition. DGD8 has a test today on the name, spelling, and location of all 50 states. She went through all 50 of them on the phone for us. They have a contract on the house they just moved out of a couple of weeks ago. They have decided to also sell a house they own in Texas. This is the house that DSon and I teamed up to find/purchase before he got married.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”