Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi everyone! I have been AWOL since 4/17. No reason why, just happened. I started trying to CUOP, but decided if I waited until I got caught up, I would never get back. I was sick Easter weekend and missed a party and Easter service. I'm better, but still coughing some. Fortunately, DD17 did not get it. This weekend was supposed to be anti-procrastination and catching up and getting back to church. Partial success: webwork complete, bills & budget almost complete with everything due handled properly. I did not get back to church. Introducing the new foster to the others went well for several hours, until it didn't. Sunday morning from 3 am to 430 am was spent in the animal ER with a scratched cornea in the newcomer. She is on meds and should be ok, but I slept through church. Got many LOLs washed and dried, but all are still on my bed.

Since the weather has been nice, I opened up the house and guess what! I do have good mousers. Alfie waltzed by carrying one. He and Thorin were playing nicely together with their new "toy". I was able to rescue it and put it back outside with some water and cat food. The neighbors have moved and taken their dog and its outside bowls with them. I guess now the mice expect to eat at my house.

This morning, I have completed a report and two personal DPCs. Tonight, I must rush home, medicate the cat, then go to dance class. After that, I should put away the LOLs and complete the B&B. If there is time, I can work on the kitchen table finances. I would like to get that done so I can set up the sewing machine and finish a project.

Sewing machine reminds me of the stuff vs experiences question. I consider it a false dichotomy. The question: serger purchase or opera weekend for DD and me. The experience fans would say go to the opera. But with the serger comes the experiences of creating, sewing, and teaching DD the same. Unless I bought the serger and just set it on a shelf. That being said, I have stuff that does just sit there to be looked at. And every time I see those items, I experience joy. For example artwork bought on vacation brings back happy memories and allows beauty in my home, both of which fall into the experience category. (In case you are wondering, I bought the serger. Instead of just one experience, I have had many.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 pm

d lady you had to harvest your winter hay already - wow
how nice you can help your dgs22 with Excel!

yay on your work d harriet - lizards?

hi d harmony. wow a an explosion? we had that near our home when we lived up north in the country. our neighbours boys were playing with dynamite - dumb. These also were the ones who were at the edge of yard (near our house! - not in the woods) shooting hand guns at racoons and obviously drunk and laughing that I asked them to go somewhere else and not by the kids.

hi d dee!

well hello d elizabeth! it's so nice to see you back here!!!

hi d everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:16 pm

finished the space heater/furnace vacuuming and washing.

dh did help me with bringing up things but his stomach started to hurt.
He really didn't want to do it any way and I am not sure if it was his nerves etc.
so I hope he feels better soon.
I feel a little guilty as I was feeling annoyed that he wouldn't help me (I didn't tell him and I didn't go upstairs and tried to change my attitude before I spent time with him ). His stomach started to hurt a lot as soon as he went in the basement to get the donations.

next get my mask on again and bring down larger vacuum cleaner and then vacuum the sides.

I found rusted metal along the floor of the newish furnace. dh said we could wait but I need to get the a/c checked anyway, so I will call tomorrow.
I also need someone to replace the windows in the basement and clean out the window drains outside. (the windows can easily be popped out and let someone in.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:00 pm

Ya know...Yesterday I had a lot of energy and felt I was back to my old self and would have a productive week. Today I have 696 steps, a lot of them shaky and and my head is pounding. This just does not seem fair. I will say, however, that I suspect it will be short lived. I believe I'm already seeing improvement - no progression to worse symptoms and I have a little life this afternoon. I am going to try to work my way through a.m. routine - what I feel up to at least.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:20 pm

I love Mondays too, blessed -- and with this being the week to start a new month, I'm doubly energized.
I am not going to take long to post b/c I'm just soooo proud of myself, I'm like "look at me, look at me!" -- like a kid on the slide at the swimming pool.

So far today --
* went to bank and post office w/dh
* sent teacher group email reminder
* talked to dmom on phone
* talked to "health coach" on phone (insurance company) -- this call + my annual check-up is worth $50 per month off my insurance
* removed nails from back door facing -- this was part of my efforts to repel the bird that wanted to move in on our back stoop -- I hung aluminum foil there -- bird chose another spot FINALLY
* cleaned up spot where we save cans for dfriend who recycles -- some sticky residue there
* got last load of laundry into washer -- time to hang to dry now
* talked to ddil on phone -- she called to report on her test today. Much like my ddad, I don't think she can drive without talking on the phone. If they change the laws here, she is going to be in trouble. ;)

Next up... Mt. Ironmore :cry: :cry: :cry:
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:45 pm

I am so proud of you too dear sweet lucy!!!! look at you!!! rah rah rah! well done!

Oh you sweet girl d twins - sending you healing!!!! rest even if you start feeling a bit better! take it easy and take care!!!

hello all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:54 pm

Elizabeth!!! Your back! You have been missed.

Blessed - POTB! Wow! You are doing some serious deep cleaning!

I'm just soooo proud of myself, I'm like "look at me, look at me!" -- like a kid on the slide at the swimming pool.

LucyLee - YGG! Your description made me LOL because it is an excellent real life example of kids excitement.

I have spent a couple of hours with the plants today. I am trying to finish up the soil amendments mixing and planting process. I used all my potting mixture so that is finally done. The last couple of containers have been really goofy. I have been just sticking whatever seedlings I have on hand into them just so I can have this process done. I just can't bring myself to throw any of the seedlings away so instead, I have planted them haphazardly with the challenge of "Grow or Die. Your choice".
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:55 pm

I did heavy work in the basement.

I decided I spent enough time down there and I don't want to burn out.

what still needs doing:

1. go through chairs under the stairs (no not foxes in boxes) 8-) :D decide which ones to keep. bleach the other ones and leave them out front on garbage day - just in case some person takes them.
2. I have 2 boxes to bring up and put away,
3. frames to go through
4. put things away from hanging pocket holder as I don't need the stuff in it.
5. a small garbage can which is filled needs to go out.
6. one small box of my kitchen decorations that got filled with mice poop bc it didn't have a lid on it. geesh and gross and disgusting - I need to vacuum it up and wash items that can be washed in bleach and the rest tossed.
7. call service masters and the oriental rug cleaning company.
8. call the window people
9. call the furnace company for a/c check and to find out why the bottom is rusting on furnace. :shock:
10. take donations from sealed boxes - blow up beds that are still really nice, comforters for them - still beautiful- and pumps, sheets for twin beds as well.

tomorrow I have the sealing company to look at the basement - I am terrified what they will say and how much it will cost. ;)

time for a nice shower
toodles

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:56 pm

waving at you d lady!!! good for you on using the older seeds - I can't wait to see how it works out!
glad you had some gardening time.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:32 pm

Just learned something I hope absolutely no one here ever needs to know. I have been working through my own insurance for the accident that totaled my car. They pay me then send a demand notice to the at fault party's insurance (in this case S tate F arm). SF has accepted full responsibility for all damage to my car, so far, so good. Not so good: the policy has a $50k cap on the amount, and since all four cars involved were total losses (one was a L exus), it is likely to be reached. By working through my insurance company, its lawyers get the joy of handling (or deciding not to handle) non-reimbursed expenses.

May this always be nothing more than a bit trivia without meaning to all of you.

Return to “Post When You Can”