WEDNESDAY WONDERS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: WEDNESDAY WONDERS

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:53 pm

Added to donation bag of dd's. Yet more vacuuming. Dusting.

I hope to have dd here with me tomorrow, too. She's not exactly a tornado. :| But she does get a few things done along with me and handles some of the dailies while I keep working on guest-readiness. She ran an errand for her ddad today to let me stay with my projects. Wish I could have her Friday for all the grocery shopping, but it looks like she's going to be able to have a date with the young man, so that will likely take her out of the equation.

HRH showed me a plan for sleeping upstairs while dd36's family is here this weekend. I'm thinking about it. I wonder if the temperature through the night will be hot compared to downstairs.

Kathryn, what difficult news for extended family of your friend. I'm sure you're relieved for her that the prescription drug problem is over and she's feeling better.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:41 am

LOL -- no one made me fel bad about the cake! Only one slice was eaten, besides the one slice I took, but there was quite an abundance of desserts, so I wasn't offended. I brought it home and ate another piece! It's the "sock it to me" cake from Wmart.

Also running in the audio in my head now:
Why why why did I buy size 5 clothes for this child for his bday??? Because ddil said "4 or 5" and I thought he was wearing some 4s that were too tight. Just washed his clothes and some he's wearing are 3s! Of course, one was a 4, and one was a S-6-8. Maybe these won't be ridiculously big. Can always swap. Sheesh. Wonder if dmom will make it for cake Saturday? Wonder if dmom will make it to Music on the Square tomorrow? Wonder when ds will get home tomorrow? Oh -- and why did I speak to everyone at that table EXCEPT that one girl? I like her-- she's a former student... I didn't mean to shun her or anything... I'm such a ditz.

Yeah -- it HAS been a WONDERful Wednesday after all! :)

Oh BTW -- I washed 3 loads of laundry!

((( hugs))) for your dfriend, Kathryn.
Last edited by lucylee on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:37 am

Once again, I am rewarding myself using y'all instead of computer jigsaws. Made it to dance class, lots of good exercise there, but American Tribal is still not a natural style for me. I sent another letter to DD14 at music camp, the last one since she is returning Sunday. Elizabeth's Own Plumbing Company did a fast job on my slow draining bathtub. I still cannot get hold of the pet sitter. All nightly chores are done. The dress pattern is printed, computer is backed up. I cannot pay the bills yet, because the deposit is still pending. They are not due until July, so I am not worried. I have not checked my email for more drama.

I have 73 days to go until my 'summer' vacation. Today, I decided what to do in Hilo. I have already paid for the Doors Off Helicopter Ride over a live volcano, so I had to plan around that. I would like to see the village destroyed by lava instead of the tour of Volcanoes Natl Park. While I would love to see the latter, that tour is more busing and less walking.

My friend from Alaska warned me about Siberian huskies slowing down. It does happen eventually. About two weeks before they die of old age! She relied on them for both companionship and transport, so she would know. The cat I was so worried about is in my lap grabbing my pen and purring. She is actually the most playful in the house.

I will be praying for Kathryn's friends. What an awful situation.

Return to “Post When You Can”