Tensile Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tensile Thursday

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:23 pm

I saw lots of puddles on my walk, slept through most of the rain last night.
Laundry is done.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:42 pm

I just came back from a walk. Pushed myself a little bit but now I'm almost to 7,000 steps. It's warm out there. I'm ready for AC. Now I need to decide on something for dinner. Dsonil cooked himself a hamburger and I'm not sure what else.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Dee -- I don't know if I ever said congrats on the new babies! I'm so happy they're here and doing well! Hope dgd is feeling good too.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:23 pm

The phone calls continued and also a surprise visit that lasted a long time, plus phone call for me that just jostles my nerves. I said to visitor: "I'll put you to work." (translation was I was doing housework and didn't have time for visiting, with lots of responsibility going on)
Response: "oh, that's fine. I don't mind." What did that mean? No work was done. I think it meant visitor was "fine" with me working. HRH has been getting looks that are daggers. He finally took visitor outside and opened hood of car to talk about engine or something. Problem is, I needed HRH, too.

Quilts changed. LR and DR vacuumed and dusted and put back to rights. Declutter of mags and catalogs. Bathroom spifs are ongoing. Kitchen mopped.

Trying to decide if I'll wash my hair tonight or in the morning, now, at this late time. Sigh.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks, LucyLee. Evidently dgd had quite a rough time. As soon as they started the C-section, because there was so much pressure from the babies, there was instant large blood loss. They did a very quick section to save her. Then they gave her too much anesthesia and she's been trying to get that out of her system as well. Caused great nausea while she was still on the operating table. But, she is doing better and trying to rest some and get better before they send her home. Know for sure she'll need lots of help. Too bad our younger dgd isn't out of school yet (her dsis). But think they're all doing better. The boys look terrific. Can't believe she had nearly 13# of babies.

Talked to dh for just a little while. Now I'm going to bed. We're both missing the other -a lot. I have a little over 5 weeks. Going to call my friend at the doctor's office up home and ask her to send me the info for fall alerts (had those when we had the balance class with her but I didn't bring those with me.) We're thinking a bit about perhaps I should have one since I'm alone so much of the time. Especially through the night. DD/DSONIL would never hear me if I fell or needed help. Since I'm up several times during the night to go into the bathroom I'm just a little bit leary at this point in my life. At least going to check it out. Dh was all for it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:04 pm

Nothing seems to be going smoothly today.

I went to get dh. When I last checked, 4:15, the flight was on-time, actually early, supposedly at gate for 5 instead of 5:10. There's an east wind so I believed it. Dh wasn't to leave until 4:30 (it is only a 110 mile flight) but traffic would mean I'd take 45 to get to the airport. Left at 4:25 and arrived at 5:05. Parked in cell phone lot and turned on data. Flight was arriving at 5:18. Then 5:28. Then 5:34. The last time I checked at 5:34 it was already arrived so I started up the car and went to pick up dh. Small plane, no checked bags. He wasn't there the first two passes and then he texted to say he was waiting for baggage since he was forced to gate check in Orlando. So I went back to the cell phone lot for another 5 minutes or so. Sigh...

We had dinner at a chicken restaurant and then dessert at the FroYo place, then home. Of course my recovery disk work failed again. And again, and again. Finally managed to make the boot disc but not the data disc. It is unclear what the difference is but I'm trying to make that now but I have to try to make both at the same time (which has filed every other time.)

We went for a walk while it was extracting the files for the boot disc.

He put up 2 of the patio door screens.

I have managed to get nothing done today. We think the problem with the disc making might have something to do with a failing USB port on my computer. Last time that happened it was a sign my motherboard needed replacing (previous computer) so backing up data is really important. I think a trip to Costco is now on my to-do list for tomorrow. I don't have a portable hard drive with enough room to backup my computer.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:03 pm

No granny duty Fri. Will have some on Sat. Half day. Not sure if h is working or not yet too soon to tell bc of the weather that effects this.
I got the back mowed and front next door as well.
Glad I made progress here this week.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:40 pm

Ramblin' that is a wonderful video project - so encouraging and meaningful. You did great. Thanks for the gift of letting us see. Attractive couple, too.

Hi to Lilac.

Dee, this is great news about the birth of the little boys. Big improvements in strength and recuperation for the happy Mom is sure to be next.

I did wash my hair and kept going on a few other things. Some strenuous chores don't make sense when my hair's wet. Better to do those with my hair up tomorrow.

We had a healthy supper of brown rice and veggies.

Note to self - water plants first thing in the a.m.

I can't believe we need to pick the car up early, then I need to drive to univ to get dd. Can't believe I'm starting such a busy day with driving. I wonder if dd and I could pick up car on the way back... ... hmmm... ...would free up a little time.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:45 pm

Finally finished making the recovery discs. Pulled a cable out of the misc electronics box that came here from ds's last night and used that to plug in my dvd drive. Suddenly the processed worked (except once so it was a combination of bad cable/USB port and some bad discs.

Remembered the hamburg chowder had to be made today and the burgers made up and frozen. So that is done (dh worked on the burgers while I made the chowder. I'm exhausted and heading to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”