HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Dinner is done, still have to clean up. And write out my recipe from tonight. Of the original recipe's 6 ingredients, I only used 3. I changed the type of chicken (thighs instead of breasts), added two more ingredients (I have a ton of fresh garlic so am adding it to all meals) and changed the cooking method (baking instead of BBQing.)

It turned out to be a keeper so now I need to write it up to put in my cookbook (I tuck recipe ideas in the front pocket or in a separate binder from years ago and when I determine a recipe is a keeper, it gets transferred to my cookbook.

Norma

Postby Norma » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:41 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY! Hope you are having a good one.

So, Cowinkie - we love being around you guys too. I am looking forward to December. We will be there for 4 months so I think we can find things to do on weekends, huh? The guys are talking Cruise-Ins and car shows and etc. I always want them to throw up a big boutique over in the corner for us gals. I was following DH around Sportsmens Warehouse in Reno one day and here comes another lady following her husband and looking extremely bored (like me) and I said as we passed by, "why can't they put a nice boutique in the corner for us?" We went on our way both laughing and wishing. :lol: :lol:

DD (step actually, but I love her like she were mine) called this morning all excited because we are only a month away now from the Maui trip. It is getting exciting. Have to make some reservations for a dinner cruise and we decided massages for us ladies, her, me and dgd.

She shared with me about dgd purchasing a Sharks Shirt for dggd last night. She will attend her first hockey game on Oct. 15th. When she saw the shirt she said "Oh Boy I'm a hockey guy now!" They are going to fix her up a little sign that says "This is my first hockey game". We are going to record the game in hopes she gets on camera and I am betting she will. Running out of time. N

I have run out of time.........
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Happy Birthday Sunny!

Rain coming our way - supposed to drop to 60's and rain for the next 3 days. It has been really dark in the mornings and dark by 7:15pm, still getting used to it.

Holiday Rant - What happened to celebrating holidays in the month they occur?? I wanted to get new Halloween decorations, but went to Tar get and theirs were all picked over - only the expense ones left. I'll have to go to Mich aels tomorrow and see what they have - they're already on sale in the ad today. And I thought I was being early on Oct. 1 - I guess I should have been shopping in July??? Don't even get me started with the Christmas decorations in all the stores in September!!! Rant over.

Off to start evening chores - see ya.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:23 pm

After naps, we spent 4 hours outside enjoying the beautiful weather. We took a long walk in pasture across the road from us. We took our afternoon snacks and drinks with us and had a picnic sitting under the trees. We found and explored an old (1940ish) car body in a gully and walked across the pond dam....and the dry bottom of the pond. Then LO drove the tractor all over the place in our pasture (sitting on DH lap) while I planted 9 big potted plants (early birthday gift from DMom). An awesome afternoon!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Had chili left overs and veggies for dinner that was a great plan.
Took a nap.
Enjoyed a day of rest & glad we went to church as it was communion Sunday.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:53 pm

:D :D :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNNY!!! :D :D :D

(I love Harriet's banners, too!)

Cowinkie, it WAS a good game, wasn't it? I mean, it was exciting to watch, and it was one of those that really wasn't over till it was over. I was amazed that we won. I'm afraid we are still facing an uphill battle this year and we're going to lose some of those close ones.
I'm so glad you're feeling so great about retirement. I hope & pray I will be at that point by this time next year. Or at least, within six months of this time next year. ;) That's when I'll have to fill out the paperwork, I guess.

We've had a pretty good day... church... nap... newspapers...
Visited dinlaws, talked to dparents on the phone...
Visited dh's aunts in nursing home... and while we were up there, found out the mother of dmom's best friend had JUST passed away. So sad, but a blessing in a way, also, b/c she had been in pretty serious decline for several weeks, I think. We talked with them for a while -- dmom's friend, her brother, and her daughter. Then I called dmom to tell her after we left.

Then dh & I ate supper and went to Walmart, b/c tomorrow I have school till around 7:00 p.m. (Parent Conferences.) We don't start until 11:00 a.m., but it will make for a VERY long day, regardless.

Tuesday will be ANOTHER long day, b/c after school I have to go to the ironing lady, the drug store, the oil change place, and I suspect that will be the day for the funeral visitation for dfriend's mother. I don't know when I'll get back out to dparents' house.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”