Magnificent Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Magnificent Monday

Postby bittersweet » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:18 am

Wow! It's after 6am here, and the village is still sleeping? I guess I'd better lay out the cyber breakfast buffet, for when folks wake up.

Pastries, fruit, muffins....and loads of juice, milk, and iced water in the fridge. Oh...and can't forget to set up the coffee maker and fill the kettle for tea! :D
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Re: Magnificent Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:16 am

Yes, very quiet Monday, Bsweet. I'm at work although I sure don't want to be here!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:20 am

Oh it is indeed a magnificent Monday in my part of the world. It is chilly with the sun shining. Soon I will need to wear a warmer jacket and start to use a throw across my legs.

Jake's dog whisperer is coming today.

I also have some desk work and a little bit of this and that too.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 am

Oh boy oh boy the mold concentration is down to low. I knew as soon as I got up this morning it had dropped. Now hopefully I can go off my bottle of oxygen today. Before the first hard frost it will be high again but as long as I can get a few days I'll be happy.

We won't get a hard frost until sometime between October 14th and the 21st. At least that is the normal range of when it happens. I won't be said if it comes earlier.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:00 am

Wow, Indiana, you can really tell your air quality that closely? Anyway, I'm glad it's better there for you.

It is beautiful here. Was actually in the 60's this morning and we had windows opened and the fan going. Such a relief. It's supposed to be nice like this all week, still going up into the 80's but at least for now it's pleasant. People laugh at our "cold fronts" down here, because it's like summer weather for most of the country, but it sure feels different to us.

I am feeling better. My calf muscles were all knotted up yesterday from our time in the beach surf. I guess I really got a good workout and I could barely walk yesterday. But today it's better and I am attempting to dig out the house. bbl

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:23 am

Most definitely a Magnificent Monday!

Bittersweet - Thanks for the virtual breakfast treats. And most especially the coffee. :)

We had flaxmeal muffins with whipped cream on top for breakfast. One of our favorites breakfast meals.....and so easy and quick (each muffin only takes 1 minute to cook in microwave) :D

I sent LO to work with DH this morning because I needed some quiet time to work on gathering and consolidating some information. Then I will pick LO up and be off to deliver information and do a few other errands in town.

Lunch...what is for lunch today? :shock: My monthly menu is made up EXCEPT for this coming week. How did I manage to miss that? HUMmmm......go super simple until I can get weeks menu set up.....Lunch = cheese quesadillas and fresh greens. I'll grab a broasted chicken at town to have for evening meal (always plenty of side dishes prepared in the refrig). Those decisions will get me some time to GMAT. :)

BBL

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 am

Wow cyber breakfast thanks a bunch! Yummy it smells so good especially the coffee (_)p I'm starting with that black first as bs was up a bit here for me.

Weather is cloudy today here. 53*-78*
I've slept well.
We had a good day yesterday here, watched some movies on TV we had not seen before.
The ones at the movie house were all kids movies transformers we are not so into those.
I did not get much reading done however.
Today I need to get a stamp on a letter and get it in the mail to mom.
Tomorrow I have granny duty in the day for two weeks dd & sil are going on va. in Hawaii.
House still looks good here.
Cooler weather is headed our way with rain.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:01 am

Hi, everyone. Thanks for the buffet, bittersweet.

After school run while HRH was still at the house, I made a clandestine stop at my ddad's house and did my part of our prep for him to be able to go back over there a few hours every mid-day. HRH has to finish installing the monitoring system next.

HRH and I are still reeling from a couple pieces of bad news yesterday. Dstepson confides in HRH that financial times for their household are getting tough, with both their incomes dropping for different reasons related to the economy. I know it's a "what else is new" item and happening to everyone, but these are my darling ones, you know? :(

SKIPPABLE - Also, as HRH visited a favorite, very close, sick uncle yesterday, right in the familiar home, he suddenly came face to face with his own ex. NOT good. His cousin, we now realize, has been dating her for months against dstepson's warning to him, and the uncle's whole family has been keeping it a secret from us, since they all know the history, the ongoing soap-opera dstepson has endured the last few decades, and how vehemently HRH would also warn cousin against this. Although he kept a straight face, it was awkward and ruined that visit. But far beyond that, it really drives a wedge, mostly because of the unhappy secret-keeping and the disrespect HRH feels from his family, but also because now he doesn't even want to try visiting his sick uncle any more, a home in which he has always felt at ease. As far as ex's motives, to seek out, from the whole wide world, this person, this family, to whom she will ingratiate herself next... ...

I have some DPC today.
Really hopeful about getting into our Decluttered Home theme for the month!!! :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 am

I was busy preparing for a meeting so I didn't get the village opened this morning since I wasn't on the treadmill.

I did make up the bran muffins. They are ok but not outstanding. On the other hand, I've had three so far (made up a pan of 6 in the toaster oven.) Dinner is also started in the crock pot and the kitchen cleaned up. I went to cook up the ribs I bought last week and opened the cryo pack and they turned my tummy. Sigh. $18 worth of meat and still 4 days to the consume by date. I dug out the receipt and called the store. "No problem, just bring in the receipt and we'll give you your money back. If you can stomach it, please bring in the price tag as well." I told her I was bringing the whole thing back because my garbage truck had just been by and I didn't want to keep the package around for another week!

My meeting went well. This is Ministry and Personnel so can be tricky since it deals with personalities. I love the other two members, though, so that is good and the one who was worried about the problem he was bringing to the committee had also done so much work on the problem before presenting it to us that all I have to do is type up his notes and toss it back to the church board. So the meeting took just over an hour. Yay!

My living room is a dark room but it felt so much warmer today with all the lights on. I must remember to turn all the lights on more often (I can sense dh cringing at the electrical use!) During the UBL meeting, the chair set up a spot for himself on the couch and had the lights on and that warmed up the room - I found people would go there to chat with him. The furniture is comfortable, it is just the lack of natural light in the north facing room, combined with the dark wood floors that makes the room less inviting than my kitchen (which is also north facing but has one east window.)

I need to start shopping for a wool rug to 'anchor' the sitting area. Actually, I have a tiny one in storage downstairs. I think I'll it lay out and see if it makes a difference.

((((HRH)))) Yuck. Just Yuck.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:39 am

Oh my, Harriet... ditto Kathryn's comments. Yuck. Just yuck. (((HRH)))

Well. I am off to the salt mines. I don't really think I'll have too many unhappy parents. I don't have anyone failing this term.

Busy busy two days ahead of me.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”