Turbo-charged Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Turbo-charged Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49 pm

I've got my two reports written and sent. Yay!

Dh had the first break of the afternoon when the second break should happen so he's running way behind schedule. Which is worriesome for me. He was supposed to finish at 5 so I planned dinner at 6. Now, I'll be lucky if he finishes at 6.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:51 pm

LO just woke up from his nap because he wet the bed. He was so upset with himself. I don't think he has wet the bed during nap time in months. I suspect he can feel the tension I have tried to hide this morning. We got clean/dry clothes on and snuggled then he settled down and went back to sleep to finish his nap.

I need to do something productive. Going to see what is next up on the cards and do a few.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Eeek! Elizabeth!!! On the good side.....Glad the surgery was a success.

Double YAH Kathryn! Sounds like DH class is going well. In the classes I've attended the more boring ones had frequent breaks to keep us awake. DH class has to be very interesting and interactive to keep student attention so long.

I am not here.....I am doing cards and being productive. Yes, I am. See me go. *POOF*

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Elizabeth, I feel for you.

ds26 stayed with my ddad so I could go. Before I left he used the tractor and did some work around here.

My LEAST admired tv show of the season has just become the first one AXED. Hint - no, I'm not going to hint. It was the "Playboy Club" and good riddance. They allowed 3 episodes to air to "not a lot of viewers", which makes it one of the shortest runs in tv history. I had very little way to show my agreement with the boycott that had been called after the Parents Television Council announced it was degrading to women, but in my heart I boycotted SO MUCH. :x

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:18 pm

check movies x
floors have been swept & mopped x
vacuuming x
:arrow:
bathrooms still need attn.
dishes still not put away
At least I have a good reason I was not here did granny duty at dgds' house while dd had a teachers conf. h. went with her. {Dgson is not doing very well in school no surprise.}

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm exhausted but the day is done.

Ds arrived, the power supply he had worked just fine and the student was thrilled he could borrow it to take back to the hotel tonight.

Ds and I had a great talk and played cards while waiting for dh. I've been playing on the computer for so long, I forgot some of the rules (like who goes first and why) since the computer took care of that for me.

Dinner was late because the meat thermometer indicated the turkey wasn't cooked. We ended up with dry turkey and over cooked veggies. Dh said that's the last meal that thermometer was going to ruin and it is now in the garbage.

The dinner conversation was delightful. My poor son seemed ill and I asked him about it. Turns out it isn't a cold but allergies. He's taking care of a dog for a friend. He's wanted a dog for a long time and is so miserable right now, that goal has been driven out of his head. I told him a dog would make him sick (he doesn't remember the nights in the ER as a child) but he didn't believe me. He does now!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:34 pm

Back from a store run I forgot a few tings last time we were there.
Got the last can of ch. noodle soup, & split pea w/ ham, got bean & bacon but they had more of that kind. I guess we'll have soup instead of using the grill.

I had h. drop me off at the corner I walked 1/2 mi. home he clocked me in the begining and I was going 3 mph. good info. to know.

Dinner is done.
I'm brewing coffee.
Other grandparents are taking care of the grand kids this first few days, the schedule got altered unbeknownst to me. :roll: I could be mad but that's such a waste of energy! LOL!

Harriet thanks for letting me know that the show Play Boy Club is no longer on I seem to enjoy the shows from that era.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 pm

I tried to shop Wally W this evening and had rather a bad experience. As dd and I were winding up what I'd hoped would be a big shopping trip, and after she had complained to me a couple times about her feet hurting, maybe 50 minutes into shopping, my hand brushed my outer left thigh and I couldn't feel it. It was as if some barrier was between my hand and my pants. I looked down but there was nothing there. I was touching my thigh and couldn't feel a thing. It was very weird. I could feel the slightest touch on my right outer thigh but nothing on the left. I loosened my shoelaces, hoping that had something to do with my leg going to sleep in a way I'd never experienced and we went home. Eventually, I could feel touch rather normally, but my leg still feels a little achey. I can only assume my leg went to sleep - while I was upright and walking, which is way weird. It did remind me of the last few fingers of my hand going to sleep, which I remember happening a few times. I know I wore some tight clothing pieces (the knee-high hose and slacks) to the funeral visitation, but I had shed them already.

We grocery shopped well, and clothes shopped for her a little, plus found drug store items. So we got a lot done, which was the whole point. I was trying to get more out of a trip out rather than having these many brief trips. But maybe I shouldn't have tried concrete floors for a long period... ...

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:17 pm

ci:
[x] last minute details w/school newspaper
[ ] write recommendation for student
[x] prepare test for tomorrow
-- still must do answer sheets -- that will make it much easier to grade
[x] call & get dh haircut appt
and AFTER school --
[x] pay property taxes
[x] ironing lady
[x] drug store
[x] oil change & tire rotation
[x] dinlaws
[ ] dparents
-- dmom said no problem if I waited until tomorrow

There is an ill wind blowing around here -- the atmosphere INSIDE the house, if you get my drift. DH is accusing me of "stirring the pot" re: a certain issue... I am accusing HIM of over-reacting. Actually, no one is accusing anyone of anything right now. We are not speaking at the moment. :evil:

My favorite sports car has to be the 1979 Camaro. White w/a red interior. (Our high school colors, but yes, back then I sorta pulled for the Other Team in college, too.) I think I told y'all -- I graduated high school in 1979, but I finally had my chance at it when ddad bought my cousin's for me and restored it for my 35th birthday, I think. It was a Z28, white w/a red interior... my dream car. I loved it, but it had been modified for drag racing, and it was waaay... waaay... WAAAY too much car for me. Talk about turbo charged... whew... It would fly. But it was sooo loud, you could probably hear it ten miles away when I cranked it up. Plus, with that much age on it, it needed an owner who was MUCH more mechanically inclined than dh or me. By that time, I was DEFINITELY spoiled by the smooth, quiet ride provided by my "old lady car" -- our Mercury Grand Marquis. We sold the Camaro and used the money to buy "half" of dfil's truck for ds when he started driving. DS -- as y'all can well imagine -- was definitely a "pick-up man," NOT a drag racing man.
I still love the looks of a Camaro, but I'd never really want to own one again. Now I'm spoiled by the SUV. ;)

Y'all please excuse me. I'm going to go do my school work and ignore dh some more. :evil:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”