Turbo-charged Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Turbo-charged Tuesday

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:33 am

Is that the word I'm looking for? I want to say, I have to put today into "overdrive" or something.
Besides getting back into the teaching routine after being out since last Tuesday... this is my PODA:
[ ] last minute details w/school newspaper
[ ] write recommendation for student
[ ] prepare test for tomorrow
[ ] call & get dh haircut appt
and AFTER school --
[ ] pay property taxes
[ ] ironing lady
[ ] drug store
[ ] oil change & tire rotation
[ ] dinlaws
[ ] dparents
AAAUUGUGGGHHH!!! And yes I know... dh can and should be able to do some of these things. :evil: He is in the middle of his laundry marathon, however, so he's not being totally useless :P AND he says the washer is leaking. :roll:
OTOH, there are just some things that he does not do. Like most men, he thinks these are the jobs that I can do much faster and more efficiently than he, and therefore, these are the jobs that have become my lot in life. * sigh *
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Re: Turbo-charged Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:50 am

Turbo-Charged? :shock: Well, I'm early and moving on lots of chores - maybe I'll be in zero-to-60 mode soon!

Oh, I know - what's everyone's fav sports car? :?: I always wanted a Mustang! HRH has had 2 Corvettes over the years. Once, he almost bought a used DeLorean but the gull wings made him claustrophobic! My boyfriend from my Junior year in hs had a Fiat ragtop. (Barely a car there at all! lol But so cute. The car was cute, too.)

Dd and I were up early this morning, as she wanted extra time to wash her hair, choose perfect clothes, etc. It's picture day. :D (smile pretty)

HRH is running out quickly to get my ddad a few things before breakfast and will stop by his house to make sure everything is okay before he comes back to deliver those.

The cats have already had a fight in the hallway. Pppffftt!!! Sigh. Any suggestions on getting a vivacious young male kitten and a slightly irritable old female cat to get along?

I've got the laundry twins spinning.

Our newspaper is tinted pink today. At first we thought something went wrong, but HRH says all the papers out at the store were pink, too. Breast Cancer Awareness issue.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 am

Good Morning!!

OH YES!! Mustang is definitely my favorite turbo charged vehicle. We have owned several Mustangs over the years and loved each one. A little funny side note......Last week DDIL and her Mom took DGS5 to visit/learn about historic sites around the DC area. DGS5 loves mustangs so DDIL rented one to drive while they were there. So....they spent many days doing countless tours including a sail boat trip, carriage ride, subway,many guided tours of the famous places, etc. When I was visiting on phone with DGS5 about his trip and all he saw, I asked him what his favorite things was......he said his favorite thing was the Mustang they rented to drive!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

I am on schedule and rip/roaring today. We have been advised by counsel to not attend pre-hearing today, so I will proceed with normal schedule and wait for a call about results. This evening is Ladies Night @ the Lodge. I asked a friend if she would like to go with me and she jumped at the offer so it will be a double treat to attend and spend some time with DFriend visiting while driving there/back.

Off to open MPB, bank and post office. BBL

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:13 am

OKay does the Lodge by any chance belong to the Drummond's?

I'm turbo-charged from walking Jake in 40 degree temperatures.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 am

I'm up and working on my first cup of coffee. Miss Ronniekins decided to wake me up this morning so I could fill 'her' dish (even though DS was already up and had put food out for the cats) :roll: Ah well...I'd promised DD that I'd go over and help her with some housework for a couple of hours this morning. It's getting more difficult for her to stay on her feet for any length of time.

I must have missed something along the way, OKay...cause I don't understand WHY this is back in the courts!

What's needed here is some sort of plan for the day...there is much to be accomplished, and I really tend to work better with a list (sorry, Harriet!) that I can check off. First, though...I need more coffee!! :lol:
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:24 am

I could also use some turbo-charging today! At work, slogging through somehow...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

helia

Postby helia » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 am

I could use a turbo charge too. I may turn the computer off today; I can waste a lot of time here.

So far today, I have:
-done a.m. routine, except for s2s
-translated another line of Hebrew
-ordered 3 books for dd15's bday next week!
-taken dd13 to school - b/c she got up late and she must wear her "kilt," i.e. her field hockey skirt and uniform, today and she thought it would be too cold to walk in it.
-stripped MBR bed
-have 1st lol going
-made a l**t for today

I am going to s2s after my jog, which I'm going to do in about an hour. In the meantime, I'm going to have some devo time and work more on Hebrew.

We're supposed to have a gorgeous week this week, with highs in the mid 70s and nil - little chance of precipitation. I'm hoping to get our yard ship shape before the cold sets in for good.

Trip to my parents this weekend is iffy; my daunt has just been moved from her hospital room to hospice. I'm sure my mom is very sad about this. I'm more sad than I thought I would be too.

OMM: If we don't go to my parents this weekend, we need to arrange for another photographer to do ds' Sr. photos. My dad was going to do them; he is a gifted photographer. Also, need to monitor ds' Univ. apps and arrange a couple visits. He and dh are going to hop on a plane later this month? for a couple quick visits. Reservations for tours and for plane tix need to be arranged soon. There is one university within driving distance that I think we should make an effort to visit too, but ds is not doing that one early action so we could go out in Nov.

Have a good morning all!

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:52 am

It's a foggy, cool morning here, and I think I may take the dogs for a walk before heading over to DD's. I've always loved the fog (although NOT for driving in!). DS will be heading into work shortly, DH is still sleeping...so when I get back, I'll do a few dailies and then head out.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:58 am

Not very Turbo-charged today, just sorts slogging along!

helia, sorry to read about your daunt.

Have a tummy upset at the moment, result of some very niggley computer work I've just done, a very important issue for DH that the dept. has just put online, and which I had some difficulty. Have to deal with this every 2 years. It's a state department and they're not very efficient. Even with online pay I had to print everything out and we have to send in, then they have 30 days to review. So much for computers making stuff faster. Only thing faster with this was them getting their money. :evil:

Anyway, trying to move on here, must go to bank and take DH to get 2 things notarized. Can always tell when the new year is approaching, there is a bunch of this stuff to get completed.

OKay, you sound like you are doing very well, especially with all of that going on in the background. I'm not sure I'd be as calm. In fact I know I wouldn't be.

BBL

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:11 am

We are back on our lot out in the desert. DH is dealing with charging batteries, connecting water hoses, etc. etc. I am dealing with washing dust covers, wiping up dust and dead bugs and getting the 5th wheel ready to be our guest house.

We leave on Friday to go out with DBro and DD#2 (from MI) camping. Then she will come back here for a couple days before going back to DBro's and on the plane.

I trimmed up some of the trees last night after it got cooler. Temps today (and rest of the week) are going to be great for working outside.

So far I am S2Crocs, 1 lol in washer and now I'm stopping for breakfast. Next up is vacuum MH and take vacuum over to 5er to get up the glass from the broken window. Then will take a bucket and cloths to get up the dust all over counters and any other flat surface.

In between, DH and I will be taking some of the outside furniture out of the sheds and get things moving. He has to put the tires back on the Rhino trailer as we will be taking it this weekend.

Have a great day - I will be checking back now and then.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Return to “Post When You Can”