Wow! It's Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Wow! It's Wednesday!

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:28 pm

CI:
Pretty good day -- and yes, Harriet, finally dh & I are speaking again and all is pleasant. He & ds are laughing and watching Hee Haw dvds right now. It was a pretty tense (and quiet) 24 hours, you might say, but we're back to normal now. I think -- aside from the normal stress & tension of dealing w/dinlaws, we now have the additional stress & tension of having to consider MY parents also, and they are taking a LOT more of my time than usual, of course -- and although the ISSUE yesterday had NOTHING to do with either of our dparents, I suspect that extra tension is wearing on both our minds constantly and making us both a little more short-fused.
But, as I said, all is well now.

I have just been sooo busy lately it is unbelievable.
I finally DID get the recommendation written for student, which was on my to do list a week or more ago...
Still LOTS of schoolwork hanging over my head...
After school PODA:
Went to bank...
Went to Walmart & Taco Bell for dparents...
Wrote some checks for dmom...
Learned how to print (on computer) checks for ddad's business (but dmom would have to lead me through it step by step again if I were to try it again)...
Filled out part of a tax form for dmom...
Helped her find several files to carry to her accountant...
Home, ate supper, did a load of laundry...
Welcomed Aunt Flo... :roll: (Guess THAT explains at least some of the tension around here).

I see Kathryn is a fellow-sufferer. (((HUGS)))

* sigh * I'm going to grade some papers.

(((Harriet))) Hope you feel better soon!

Dmom is still really having a LOT of pain when sitting. She cannot sit for much more than 10-15 minutes without experiencing really extreme pain. I just hate this so much for her. It is so frustrating and depressing, and nerve-wracking to think about the possibility of having to go through additional surgery, and how long she will have to wait till she CAN have additional surgery, anyway, and why on earth didn't the doctor repair BOTH discs at the same time???
To answer that question, dmom said doctor seemed to think that "90% of the pain" was coming from the disc he did repair, and dmom said maybe he thought the surgery had taken long enough and she had lost enough blood already, and he just didn't want to keep her in surgery any longer. * sigh * Please continue to pray for her.

Very glad to hear that dgd's homecoming has been delayed, Dee. It certainly doesn't sound like she is ready to come home just yet!

Whew! (((MT))) So aggravating w/the title. Hope everything works out soon! And I hope your neck feels better soon!

Waving to OKay... (((LO)))... bsweet... * anxiously awaiting news re: new arrival *
Waving to Dove... (((Elizabeth)))...
Waving to ALL of you... Harmony... Indiana... Twins... Nancy...

Re: dgs, Nancy -- it's a tough call. DS played baseball & basketball from age 5 till he graduated high school, and he added football in 8th grade. With his music in his "spare time," he WAS pretty tired some times, but he always did really well in school, so it was never an issue with us. But as a teacher... yes... IKWYM exactly. Sometimes sports are the ONLY thing that motivates a teenager to do anything in class, just to try to stay eligible, you know. But sometimes, sports become such a high priority that academics really suffer. I hope dgs can find the right balance between the two. (((HUGS)))
Last edited by lucylee on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: My soap box comments this morning the sports are not school activities;
but boys club and dgdson is in the 3rd grade it's not like he's on the hs bb team! LOL! :roll:

Pet chores a dd's are done, I emptied trash there also, did up the dishes here and there.
Got the laundry done here so glad that the sheets are back on the bed now.

Dinner is over after a store run. I'm glad I found a sale on extra lean gbeef & sloppy joe mix that sounds like a hit for us on these cooler days. :idea: So I can say now that I have a meal plan for this week now yea. :mrgreen: I'm loving that!

I've done my walk today also did an arm work out with my five lb. wts. It was sprinkling just a bit but not overly cold with a light jacket on. Feeling productive today I'm glad about that.
Picked up a couple time around here and did some crafting w/ wool.

I did my hair it looks great except I need to see a colorist!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:37 pm

OH -- Nancy -- well -- yes, 3rd grade IS a little soon, and you can't use school eligibility requirements at this point. * sigh *
I guess dgs could be told, "If you were older, your grades would HAVE to be ____ (whatever the parent's goal is at this time) or you would not be allowed to play... sooo... guess what, YOU have to meet OUR eligibility requirements."
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:39 pm

PS -- I didn't mean third grade is too soon to PLAY basketball, etc. -- just that it's too soon to expect the school to step in and enforce grades for you. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”