I can do it Saturday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Dove

Re: I can do it Saturday!

Postby Dove » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Hello :)

I wasn't going to get online today but wanted to peek in to see how Indi is doing. Hope your breathing really improves today, dear Indi. How nice of security to take Jake out for his walks.

Hope you get a lot of that rain, OKay!

Here's a cute clip of a large, very affectionate cat & the toddler he loves :) :

http://video.aol.com/video/cat-wrestles ... ws-main-bb

Waving to everyone ~~~~~ hope you all have a wonderful day!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:33 pm

I just did a quick CUOP - today is Yom Kippur. I was up at seven and then wrote what I was going to say today - was in the shower at 8:15 and at temple at 9:30. Morning doesn't take much time when you're not eating. My address was well received - on the need for members to step up to leadership - and I am back home with dkids for awhile this afternoon.

Noodles are cooking for kugel for the break-the-fast. Once it's in the oven, I'll take a nap. Dkids are eating (it's their call, now) but I'm not. We'll go back to the temple later - services at four, then at five with break-the-fast to follow. I'll get there when I get there.

It's been a pleasure having both kids home for the holiday. Ds is being very polite greeting all and shaking hands.

I'm loving Kathryn's metaphors today also. I drive regularly in Atlanta but usually on the same interstates where I know what lane I need to be in where the interstate splits off. Probably have twelve lanes across in places there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:56 pm

Walked over to the farmer's market, bought fruit for the platter tomorrow and then had lunch. It is a hot, sunny, day here so everyone is enjoying the weather.

Dd is just now done brunch so we'll go meet her at her friend's house in about 30 minutes. We'll either run out to the store and buy something for the bbq or take dd out for dinner. Her friends can't come out with us due to food sensitivities.

I napped for over an hour and fully read the paper. I have nothing else to show for the day and that suits me fine.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:29 pm

Waving to Dove & Twins --

CI:
* drug store for dfil & dmom
* grocery store for dmom
* went to dparents' house
-- swept kitchen
-- put dishes in dishwasher
-- folded & helped her put away a load of clothes
-- transferred another load from washer to dryer
-- walked up & down driveway with her 4 times (long driveway, uphill coming back, but VERY slow pace) ;)
* checked mail for dmil
* came home
* took VERY SHORT nap :D

DH has gone to dinlaws' now. We'll get something to eat later and then watch Auburn try their luck against Arkansas. I'm pretty sure we're the underdogs again.

Dmom is doing SOOO well with everything except sitting! Which was the main problem before surgery... * sigh *
Tomorrow is another day.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:43 pm

We have RAIN!! Glorious moisture falling from the sky!! I was in Sam's when I heard people shouting and laughing toward the front of the store. People in the checkout lines (who could see outside) was cheering because it had started raining. :lol: I just checked the garden rain gauge and we have received 3/4" so far (3 hours raining).

I love shopping with DGS14. He is my kinda shopper. Quick and soooo easy to the point of being ridiculous. :) He needed zip-up hoodie type jackets. We walked into mall (JCPenny) and walked out NINE MINUTES later with 5 new hoodies bagged and paid for. And yes, I made him try each one of them on (to make sure they fit) because they were all different brands. The CFO in me was thrilled that we hit a sale and saved $173 on them.

I've been updating goals and focus for this month. One of my goals is making progress on the "Red Book" that contains copies of all our important papers. I recently noticed that DH birth certificate was not a certified copy :shock: so I ordered a certified copy this afternoon. baby steps......

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Happy Puppy Dance, Splash Splash, for OKay

Twins Mom, enjoy the meal, the fellowship and the meaningful day.

Dove, I enjoyed the clip!

Kathryn, don't work so hard. ;)

Here the "All My Sidetrackable Children" story is that dd13 is supposed to have a "notebook check" for a grade in Health Monday. On teacher's checklist there are 20 items, mostly forms on which she would have written answers or notes, so although she has a visual memory of them, none are reproduce-able. Even after brainstorming and going through every spot she can think of in her room, bookbag and even the notebooks of other classes, she can only find 9. She says she's angry with herself and needs to be more organized. I told her this is specific DISorganization, since she would have to have removed items to be ABLE to misplace them, and, like her sidetracked parents, she would never throw anything away, even unimportant things. They exist somewhere in her world, that's the frustration of it, and she is sure to find them after the grade is given.

Update - in the hope that she will still find even one in her room, I told her to choose between a 15-minute timer session there or a 27-decision boogie, then have supper, then reverse and do the other.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:07 pm

*** Hooray for rain in OKay's world!!! ***

(((BIG HUGS, Harriet's dd))) Sooo frustrating. Good tactic, Harriet, 15 min/27 boogie.

I must declare some sort of tactic to get papers graded. * sigh * I am sooo sleepy, but dh will be quite aggravated at me if I fall asleep during this ballgame. He will not understand how I can grade papers and "watch" the game at the same time... but at least I'll be upright and aware. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:25 pm

We had a nice dinner out with dd and her friends. He can have sushi and there's an all you can eat sushi place they like to go to. They had a take-out menu on hand so I was able to confirm they had white rice and some meat I'd like so I agreed it was a good choice. They all had big meals, I had enough, including 3 servings of the salad since it is all you can eat.

We headed straight back to the hotel so dd could have time with her friends. We were only 2 miles from the hotel and the route took us past shopping that has been added since we were last here so we went for a walk after we dropped the car at the hotel. There's a Walmart and dh's oatmeal was on sale so I bought some, along with my baked Cheetos. I'll have a cup of tea and some chocolate as a bedtime treat.

Our half-mile walk took us past the drive sheds (so the smell of horse and hay) and some building with something mooing (possibly an abattoir) which all seems rather odd since we were walking along sidewalks (it is nice that the city puts sidewalks, even up here in the middle of nowhere, or what feels like nowhere once the market closes down.)

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi everyone!

((Indiana)), keep getting better. I'm glad you have help with Jake. Praying for you.

((Helia)) you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Harriet, are dd's papers by chance in her locker at school?

Wow, Kathryn that's way more traffic than I like to drive in! Looks like a lot more than even the beltway around Washington DC at rush hour.

I had let too much go these past couple of weeks, extra things that I would have normally done. So in honor of "I can do it Saturday!" I did a room by room sweep through and most everything is back in order again. I will finish up the laundry and get ready for dfam#2 to visit. Sheets and towels done today, tomorrow is a load of my clothes.

It's good to hear that you got some rain OKay. It was very windy here today and we had a short shower here a little while ago. I hadn't realized it rained until I let the dogs in and they were wet. Had to dry them with a towel.

Hello to Lucy, Dove, Twins, Nancy, Dee and Lilac! and Everyone I'm missing here.
Last edited by Sunny on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:31 pm

We found ONE more. Sigh. But her room looks better, and her binder is more organized. Looks like she'll be taking a poor grade on this and learning a lesson.

Sunny, she says no papers in her locker so I fear that's that. Good job on the room-by-room.

lucylee, maybe you could grade one paper for every point scored by your team? Anything to break up the tedium of the grading. Of course, if they don't do very well you could still have a problem! Also, hopefully it wouldn't be a runaway for your team with lots of touchdowns!! :)

Yes, I do think alternating 15-min and 27-decision-boogie is a good combo, especially when fighting Idonwannas. Look at it one way, then look at it another, break it up.

Return to “Post When You Can”