On the Run Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: On the Run Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 am

Busy week for us here. Today school IS going I just heard the high school bus. Glad h. got the calender @ the conference so we know the days they are off. This week is granny duty week for me during the day the other grandpa had last week. The other granny has 'em nights.
Cats are fine, got a good report that the one that was missing has been there during the times
they are there phew! I was not too worried as this happened before.
It was good to see the younger gkiddos one was sleeping on the floor she brought out her blankets and crashed there after being put down for a nap.

We went to a movie saw Cowboys and Aliens enjoyed it but it would be too scary for any under pre teen IMO. But it was a great 2 hr. vacation for us that we needed.

Came home and ate here it was nice when I walked earlier in the day. Saw deer on the drive home and at the corner young deer were grazing, we had quail here I see them so often do not think much of it. I think the robins have left now that I think of it.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:32 am

Good morning villagers ~
Apron Day! :D

Apron Day with limited hot water, that is. No worries, there's still plenty that can be done.

Do not believe websites that say "buy before noon, same day install." What a load of hooey. DH & I delayed going out to buy a new water heater because we were clearing a path and expected quick delivery. Went shopping yesterday (Sunday) expecting to be up and running this afternoon. No, the earliest they can deliver is Thursday afternoon.

I will be leaving for sewing retreat Thursday morning, and DH doesn't want to take time off work to wait around for a delivery. He said since we are having such unseasonably warm weather, he doesn't mind taking cold showers. (I do! :!: but I have ways to cope.) Therefore since I will be away until Sunday, delivery & installation will wait until Monday.

In the meantime, I'm heating water on the stove to do dishes, not a big deal. The laundry can all be done in cold water, no problem. I want to scrub the kitchen floor before I go, but I have 2 tea kettles plus a coffee pot for heating water, so that's easy enough. I know DH won't do any cleaning while I'm away :roll: but if he gets desperate for a hot shower, we are close enough to shower houses at a truck stop and campground.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:56 am

Morning everyone! I guess I'm not a gazzelle or lion, possibly a tortoise, plogging along..

Catching up from the past couple days here.... Kathryn, that road picture is astounding. I have driven through Atlanta years ago when it was all road construction. Biggest road I've been on is the road coming down out of New York down the Jersey Shore to Atlantic City. When we came from the West down onto this road I looked like this :shock: as I'd never seen anything like that, and I took multiple pictures. Sure glad DH was driving. That road, however, has multiple stops to go through toll booths and that tends to back things up.

Sun. I had brunch with friend, was 2 1/2 hrs., I was so ready to leave that place but she seemed to want to stay and talk...

Today, just finished all spreadsheet work; Friday I did most of it but got burned out before finishing last 2. Have gal coming this afternoon, we will work on our ministry for an hour.

OKay, tickled to read you got all that rain. Let's hope more comes too.
We had nice long steady rain Sun. afternoon. Always grateful for that.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks for the reminder of the postal holiday. No need to rush out to pick up the mail.

I'm in tortoise mode with Harmony. 8-)

Yesterday I peeked into the storage room and saw a bunch of boxes that can be tossed. Our computers, TVs, and microwave are much too old by now to be returned or even repaired, so we don't need those original boxes for shipping. That will regain valuable space for moving boxes of Christmas decorations out of the dining room.

I've been doing desk work for over 2 hours and need a break.
Dishes are soaking.
I will toss a load of clothes into the washer, and then take a quick nap.

This afternoon's plan is to set up the trash and recycle bins outside the back door and try to fill them both.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm

I can't believe I got sidetracked from a Round Robin. :? But I remembered promising to wash dd's linens for her. Hopefully I can do that and still get back on track.

BookSaver, that would be huge in this household. Not the cold water, the delivery/installation. I wouldn't want to be around HRH if there was 1) advertising that it was same-day (and that seems universal lately) which then 2) turned out to be false. Wwwwow. Another thought would be, is there a competitor who might jump at the chance to provide faster delivery, specifically because the other could not? Here, Home Despot and Lows would, either one, be frantic to get ahead of the other, which is always their greatest incentive.

Anyway, {{{BookSaver and dh}}} (those are warming hugs)

Oh, with Harmony's post now I remember why I didn't think we had roadways that could match other metro areas - ours are probably huge, but who would know. They're forever littered with orange and white barrels obscuring the other lanes. We are construction headquarters and have been for years. Even a decade ago - more, maybe, this was the big joke on all the early morning radio shows. They would have a different orange-barrel game or joke every day and ask why they were still at this or that location. But we still have just as many. I remember one joke was that there was no storage for them, so DOT kept them stored on roadways where no construction was planned.

HRH reports that the woman in front of him at the drive-through for lunch today went through the line completely naked, in a low car. Takes all kinds! He said he would never have known but for the commotion of ALL the employees by the time he got to the window. It took a while for them to compose themselves and give him a sandwich.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:26 pm

I am also in tortoise mode so far this morning...I think I'll just sit here at the edge of the pond and watch the lions and gazelles run. :lol: We're still waiting for DGD to put in an appearance - 3 days overdue and counting. I really need to focus on keeping busy rather than sitting around waiting and hoping that DD will call.

Since not much got done from yesterday's l*sts, I'd better start on those.

- pick up dog bombs in back yard
- downstairs litter boxes
- put/throw away 10 things from computer desk
- put/throw away 10 things from dining room table
- put/throw away 10 things from top of crafting cart

P'raps the lady in the drive through needed to get her laundry caught up? :lol:
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:35 pm

I am in gazelle mode. I am frantically working on a deliverable due TODAY!!! ACK!!! I am printing stuff as I type.

Tonight there is a church meeting. I may go simply because I have nothing else to do and Mondays are lonely nights (as are Wed and Sun). I guess I could schedule something every night, but I do have things that have to get done. (They are lonely nights because I am newly single and don't have things to do those nights. I hate eating dinner alone.) I do need to pay one bill before it becomes overdue, but that is not a problem.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Oh!! is this ever a paper work day.

1. Routing numbers for $$ transfer
2. Information for replacement of window in 5th wheel
3. Call for information for House escrow.
4. Call Financial Adviser for transfer from our account to house escrow account.
5. Email to sister answering her email.
6. Contacting truck buyers for exact name and address for Bill of Sale
7. Sending check for deposit from Ins. Co. for broken window

In between - talking to DD#2 as she is here spending the day with us. Trying to decide what I need to do for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow before we get on the road.

Also in between - assuring DH that all is well and that I haven't dropped any of my juggling balls and that the truck sale is going OK.

Time for a nap. TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:57 pm

That lot is done...although it barely seems to have made a difference *sigh*. One bite at a time....that's what I've got to keep reminding myself...just one bite at a time! I'll take a few more bites at those three areas today, and see if I can't get them under control.

Next round (after splashing around in the puddles at OKay's! :lol: and a little work on DGD's blanket)..

- tidy living room
- 10 things put/thrown away from top of crafting cart
- wash dishes
- start ham in the oven
- 10 things put/thrown away from dining room table
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:28 pm

I should have set an alarm, I didn't mean to sleep for 2 hours.
Oh well, now I've cooked and eaten lunch, and am ready to roll again.

Harriet ~ We started at L because online the prices appeared lower and both offered same day install. I was concerned going in that we would not find a salesperson who knew much about gas appliances. That turned out not to be a concern -- because we were in there over 1/2 hour and there was no salesperson to help us at all. Plus the models that we were interested in had signs saying "available in 15 days." DH got fed up and we went to S.

We may have paid a bit more as a base price, but they have
1) local plumber -- and for gas hook-up, I feel better with an established plumbing company
2) DH's family all swear by S and won't buy appliances anywhere else
3) no sales tax on the water heater or its installation
4) actual sales people that answered our questions :!:

I've never heard of waiving the sales tax and have a hard time believing that the state would let go of that revenue. So, being cynical, I'm inclined to believe that they just built it into the price to make it look like a deal. Doesn't really matter, at the end of the day I think the cost was the same as it would have been at L.

Plus this way, the S salesperson gave me his business card with his name and cell phone number if there's a problem. (And as soon as I saw his name, I recognized why he looked familiar -- his kids come to my library.)

If they do well with this delivery and installation, I will go back to S to buy a new gas stove.

Don't get me wrong, I've bought a lot of stuff from L because of the discount prices. I'm just a scaredycat about trusting the lowest bidder when it comes to connecting to natural gas. I would rather not go <boom> :|.

Return to “Post When You Can”