Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wednesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 am

I'm not creative today.

I'm barely here.

Here's a place we can share our joys, concerns, accomplishments, worries, progress, search for energy.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:13 am

I really thought that things would become less hectic once I got past Thanksgiving.

Today is choir and paperwork.

Tomorrow is hat shopping (I'm driving a senior into the city to shop for a hat for church anniversaries.)

Friday looks free except I should clean the house since it hasn't been done for weeks.

Saturday I have a course.

Sunday is the second church's anniversary. (Long service, lots of singing, dinner after.)

Monday - Wednesday look open now.

Thursday - hair appointment downtown

Friday and Saturday - Annual Resource Fair at Presbytery so I'm working flat out on the book sale and soup lunch that goes with that.

Sunday - Anniversary service at my former minister's new church so I'm taking the church-hat friend up to that. The church is a 2 hour drive away so we'll leave at 8 and be back at supper time.

Monday - free

Tuesday - I'm running a book fair at the church women group's fall rally (it is at my 2nd church.)

After that, things calm down until we have visitors from England the first week of November. November is busy at church with 5 major events planned (two churches and early Advent conspired to make this happen.) As a church leader, I'm expected to be at most of them and involved in the organization of all of them.

The adult bible study starts in a couple of weeks but I might skip that because I just don't want the added stress.

Oh, and Christmas is coming after things 'calm down' in December!

I guess this is a search for energy post!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:55 am

Substitute HHD for Kathryn's Thanksgiving.
I really thought that things would become less hectic once I got past Thanksgiving.

Oy. Yesterday afternoon at work I was hit with a request that I help out in the Small Biz dept - this is the two person dept that does bookkeeping and payroll for clients. This month, payroll tax returns are due and one of the two had shoulder surgery around the first of this month. (This lady expected to be back at work in two weeks and IMHO was stupid to schedule the surgery for the first of October when she has much less work in Nov. and December.) Anyway, I have very mixed feelings because I was just thinking how happy I am to slow down at bit, and am now asked if I can work more for the next week and a half.

DH and I will be on vacation in St. Thomas Oct 22-28. I have very mixed feelings about this. I am basically paid a salary with an expectation that I will work a certain number of hours/year and to be honest, I need to see where I am on those hours. Perhaps I can psych myself up that if I do this, I can be off more in Nov - Dec.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 am

This morning I have a mammogram appt at 10:30 and pledged to be at work after that to start on this new and exciting (not!) assignment. I slept in this morning and have relaxed and read the paper. I have about an hour before time to leave and need to get rolling. I need to do some prioritizing because I'm feeling overwhelmed. I've gone all week thinking that I had Wednesday/Friday to catch up.

I should say, that if I had said there was no way I could work more right now, that they would understand if that were the case. I keep thinking.....only a week and a half and then we go to St. Thomas....only a week and a half.

Yesterday, had appt with nurse practitioner with dmom, worked the afternoon, then a too long meeting at the temple. Home at eight p.m.

-reboot laundry
-clear kitchen counter
-meds, me + ddogs
-clear kitchen table
-get quick s2s and head out
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

helia

Postby helia » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 am

I am safely back home. I am in crunch mode too, but I am happy to be home so I'm focusing on that. :) I did not have as much time as I thought I would to work on Hebrew and my teaching while away, and the work I did do took longer than I thought it would. Still, I'm pretty much ready for class today, though I would like to be farther along in the translation than I am. We are moving so slowly that I think I am OK for today; I am more than a chapter ahead of where we ended last week. I do have some slightly updates notes for my teaching, so that is a start. And it is a passage which I like and have thought about a fair bit, so I have a lot of ideas in my head. I need to prioritize and figure out how to let the women mine out the truths in it. I need to create a well-crafted study. After class.

Tomorrow, is moms group all morning. I'll bring my lunch so I can get to a haircut appt. at 1 that side of town. I'll get home finally around 2. Dd13's field hockey game is 4 - 5:45-ish, and then our Thursday dinner crew will arrive between 6:30 and 7:00. Dh has volunteered to cook, since I'm not seeing how I can do that. I suppose I can run to the groc. store between my haircut and dd13's game. . . .

Friday. . . . I haven't gotten there yet. I suppose I have my standing lunch date, will need to jog, may go to WW though my weight is up.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:58 am

Goodness me! Such busy villagers.

Kathryn, I was thinking as I read, reminds me of helia this week. Many new responsibilities added in, it seems. Have fun with hats!

Twins Mom, I can see how you would agree to the 1.5 weeks of extra responsibility so that you can go to St. Thomas without wondering about your yearly hours so much. It's just a matter of getting prepared for a trip, etc. while all this is going on!

helia, I'm so glad you had a safe trip. Was there a lot of rain for your family there?

Along much more domestic lines here, I've made a pitcher of tea and a pitcher of HRH's steeped water. Back from school run, finished launching HRH. My ddad is having a late breakfast, having sort of moved his own schedule back lately. He does say he slept better last night. Time for Morning Daily Card.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:06 am

Also, Harriet, it's feeling like things have just "got back to normal." I'm feeling a lot of disappointment now about not having days off this week - they have been filled up lately with so many other things (HHD, picking up and returning dd, and then working four days last week also) that I badly need more down time. Perhaps this weekend will help - we only have a Sunday afternoon activity on the schedule. Dh may want to go to temple this Friday night also but I'm not even sure about that.

I'm just feeling very disappointed, to the point of tears right now.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:53 am

(((Twins))) You need some seclusion. Whittle, whittle, whittle on weekend activities to the lightest responsibility level you can manage and tell dh why you are doing it, ask him to hide you ( :) ) so that you can be at your best, and stronger, for your trip. Let this be your mind-clearing weekend. Lots of breathing. (in, out, in, out... ...)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:10 am

43-63* today's temp. range it's 51 outside at the moment.
I'm up bs is too. No breakfast for me today. =( Coffee is done. Having that black.
Remembered I've been fighting a sinus thing so that explains the elevated bs#'s.
Had a v-8.
I've rounded up the laundry & it is going last load in the wash now.

Kids craft idea: :idea: Yesterday @ dgd's preschool they were painting brown paper bags orange that were stuffed this was transforming them in to pumpkins so cute! :mrgreen: I thought some of you might enjoy this one.

Ex. report: I did get my 3 mi. in on the ex. bike last night I walked at wally world three laps around that store and 1/2 mi. walk after lunch here, then did get to the ex. bike 3 mi. before bed. BS is still way up this a.m. ~sigh~ so I'm heading back to the basement to do more on the ex. bike and do laundry. No granny duty today until after school.

dgson has a singing thing at a school this week, I doubt that the other grandparents are
going to bring him to that. It was not on the schedule. {I do not think they let the parents know soon enough about stuff like this.} Also book orders are due this week. Told dgson not to count on that b/c he was on restriction due to grades.

At the pre-school they are have book orders too but not until next week. So much for parents to keep track of plus costumes parties etc. here the local merchants are passing out candy so kids go down town instead of house to house less walking plus it's safer. We & lots of others no longer pass out candy.

Lots of us have had busy weeks {month} what can we do to de-stress? Wondering what effect that has on our wt. loss programs?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Did the Tuesday kitchen chores, cleaned our bathroom (still have to swish the other two) and watered the indoor plants. I also did some tidying of dead leaves and flowers on those.

Got an email from my credit card saying that charges on my old number were going through. Well, I shredded that card when I activated the new one so there was a moment's panic. I checked online and it turns out the books I bought from the Resource Centre in Feb and March went through. There are two more (May and June) that are still outstanding and the card is about to be deactivated.

I phoned the card company and they said they couldn't keep it open for the two charges and to call the company. The Resource Centre sends the credit card chits to Toronto where the central Resource Centre enters them all into a computer and then they send it to General Council where the transaction is run through. I talked to someone at General Council (that's where the RC sent me) but he doesn't actually see the chits so couldn't say what was up. He tracked down the transactions by calling the central RC and says they've been sent back to my RC so I'll be asked to pay again with my new number. Sigh.... The person I volunteer for at my RC seems disorganized and this is definitely proof of it. I'm worried Presbytery will shut down the RC because of all the snafus. It can't be run with volunteer help alone but they don't have the right person in the job now, either. On the other hand, they don't pay much at all, only $5K per year for, on average, 2 days of work per week.

Return to “Post When You Can”