Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Cowinkie

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Good Morning to y'all...

Twins, I know exactly how you feel. I have this week off...its our fall break...and I haven't done much but read and putter around the house. That's really alright with me this year as school as been very stressful and I wanted to have "just me" time doing whatever. Figured it was important for my survival of the rest of the year.

My school friends are having a lunch gathering today, which includes many of our past teacher friends. I've decided not to go. I don't want to sit around a table with a bunch of women bemoaning how bad the work situation is. I'm trying to stay positive and that won't help to listen to all that negativity. Instead Sweetie and I may go to the movies later today.

Tomorrow is our anniversary and we are planning to go out for a nice meal. I am very content just "being".

Twins...make sure to take care of yourself. You sound a bit like me...planning for a vacation makes me almost not want to go, but after I get there I am so glad I did. You need this time for yourself. Think warm ocean breezes, good books and just breathing in the ocean air. Good for your soul....

I've done alot of decluttering around here. Keep telling Sweetie I'm having Cleaning Bursts. He's staying out of my way cause he likes the results. He's also getting a lot of treats which he always enjoys.

Gotta share this with y'all. Sat I was really exhausted. We were sitting outside on our poach and I could hardly keep my eyes open. Told Sweetie I was going into the house for a nap....I never nap anymore, my body won't let me. Anyway he said wait, got up and brought the lounge chair over from the pool area, got my pillow and blanket from inside and said...take your nap here. He know I love to sleep outside. The weather was cool and breeze and I was in the shade. Closed my eyes and 2.5 hrs later woke up. Now THAT'S what vacations are for :D Gotta love the man.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:24 pm

I decided, on my way to the mammogram, that I would not go to work today.

I told them yesterday I'd do 1/2 a day on Wednesday and Friday and somehow, I just need today at home. So I'll do a full day and then some on tomorrow and Friday, and perhaps even try to give them some time on Saturday a.m. But I need today. I suspect, that not being Jewish, they don't realize that HHD have sucked up a lot of time in the last 15 days. I also worked four days last week, at their request which also seemed reasonable because it was MY work that I was doing.

First thing, out of work clothes and reboot laundry, which I didn't do before I took off. Then some real down time for me.

I also have a li&t of three things I do need to get done today on the computer, so I'll hit those in a bit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Finished the bathroom swishing and had my lunch. Tidied up the kitchen a little more (dh is home so I could put the grocery bags that were lying around back in the car.)

Choir is soon so I need to work on paperwork for 10 minutes.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:18 pm

I am surviving! The big deadline Monday is over and done with and I have more relaxing stuff to do at payroll. Last night, I had my pastor over to do a house blessing. I wanted it because there was a goddess altar in the backyard on a giant rock that cannot be moved. While I respect the right of others to worship their own way, that is decidedly not for me. DD was there for that, she wanted to mop instead. She got her homework done and had time to watch a video before going back to XDH's house.

I completely forgot to pick up permission forms for an event at the library, must do that on the way home! Also need to check mail for bills. I hate to look at master card, but I must. In honor of anti-procrastination day, I have an appointment with my financial advisor. I have to disentangle XDH and my finances. I am not really sleepy, but I would like to just go home and sleep all day, just so I don't have to deal with anything. I never wanted to be single again, I worry about not having a second job in the family. DH doesn't seem to worry, but he wants to be married again in about 2 years. I am not planning to remarry and have no one but myself to depend on now.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Hello dear ladies,

Finally got here!

We've had some lovely rain. It rained through the night, it felt so good to hear it.

I've spent every spare minute I could find reading "The Help". It was a real page turner for me. finished it yesterday. Am looking forward to seeing the movie.

DH's work is going better now. spent a couple of weeks with no work coming in and the work he had done previously, had not been paid for. But for now checks are coming in along with phone calls for more work.

Oh the joys of self-employment.

Going to try and get some sunshine time before heading off to work.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Enjoy the sunshine, Sadie!

The paperwork I hate to look at is the tax bills. They are not due for 2.5 months but are already here - definitely in unopened envelopes so far, lol!

Elizabeth, that would be a creative outlet - how you can redeem the backyard and the rock and "make it your own", maybe with decor, plantings, or meaning-filled objects. I think that's cool to have a house blessing.

I am on pins and needles waiting for HRH to get home. My ddad has had a hard day, misplacing everything from his watch to his wallet, then scouring the house for it until found by me, and very worried about anything different or unusual. The cats seem to feel tension, and are fighting. Interrupted by it again now ... ... I carried Orphan Cat into my room and closed the door, after hitting Tobias full in the face with a spray of water.

This is getting nothing done! AAAAccckkk! :roll:

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Huge Hugs Harriet....Been where you are and its no fun. Just know we're here for you......
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Good Afternoon!

I missed posting this morning because I slept later than normal. My body normally operates best on 7 hours of sleep, but recently has started stretching that 7 hours to 8. What's up with that? Maybe it knows winter time is approaching and is starting to go into hibernation mode. :lol: I need to tweak my schedule for a variety of reasons and this extra hour of sleep is going to be added in during the tweaking.

Yesterday morning LO and I did our normal activities, then when he laid down for a nap I went to town. Had a yucky appt and a fun appt scheduled = yearly mammogram appt followed by an appt with DGS14 to pick him up from school and "do" Starbucks together. I haven't found anything at SB that is low carb and tasty so I just had plain black coffee while DGS14 ordered bakery treat and drink that he absolutely loved. It's fun to be around teenagers with all their energy & passion about the most simplest of things. :lol:

Today we visited our small town library for story/craft hour. It was a good visit and I think we will switch to this library for awhile. I'm not unhappy with the library we have been attending -- in fact it is near perfect (IMHO) but I like to support the small town library and it is nice to get to know the little ones and parents in this neighborhood. I still struggle to realize how the housing boom is quickly changing our small town and has brought in sooooo many new people!

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Cowinkle - I love your mini vacation!!! Mmmmmhhhh - gives me that warm relaxed feeling just thinking about it. :)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 pm

I need to get rolling again. Did some reading with ddogs for warmth and company. :)

-lunch
-reboot laundry (am behind because of working four days last week, and then busy Friday, Sat, Sunday, worked Mon-Tues)
-load and start dishwasher
-get out notes re Dmom's dr visit yesterday and summarize for her and email to her
-find notes from Sunday's meeting and rework spreadsheet and email.

That will take care of two of the three of those tasks that have been hanging over me.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”