Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Hugs to all who are working too many hours, have too much stressful stuff going on in their lives. Reading today's posts all at once, this is what struck me.

But Congratulations to MT for successfully selling the truck.

I've had a challenging couple days here. Monday, the gal who was supposed to help me with our ministry called to say she was going into the hospital. So, I sat for a couple hours and did all the cards myself. She wasn't here to pass the banner kit along to (I'd picked it up for her) and since she is ill I offered to do it myself.

Tuesday I started in on it...8 1/2 hours later I was done. Good grief! Cutting out all the letters on the paper, attaching the paper piecing, tracing and cutting out all those letters on contrasting felt, gluing them on with the iron... and how does one do that except crawling around on the floor...

Today after running errands for DH, I stopped at hospital to visit DFriend, who I found out later was in quarantine :o (so I stood in the corner and didn't touch anything)...stopped at church to drop off banner...and on to store for Dh's vitamins.

DFriend has some sort of bacteria that starts with sh....?? I believe, one gets from raw meat (she's a vegetarian) or leafy greens. And she tells me she's the 3rd case in this county, so we suspect the beginnings of contamination from some source and the health dept. has been notified :shock: and I was so very glad to get home and wash my hands in hot hot sudsy water.

All in a day's work I guess!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Had a great day today got the yard mowed h. grilled our lunch wind had calmed down it was like 67* out. 8-) Sun came out, I swept mopped and vacuumed but for got to do the bedrooms so may be doing that here in a few. Fed cats and got mail in I was going to get dgson's sox but left 'em on the counter there! :roll: I'll just have to get 'em tomorrow. They will be here over night this weekend. I need to get in touch w/ dson to see if his girls can hang out and have some cousin time. I checked the movies not much we want to see this weekend.
Decided that dgd has outgrown the high chair & we can be looking for a booster seat for her.
Took the high chair out of the dining room getting a couple more feet of space in there is a good thing!

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:07 am

I'm starting to think that I need more than a li&t...I need Matt Paxton and his extreme cleaning crew! :lol: Things finally got sorted out with DD and her meds - I ended up calling her bf, and he was very glad I did! Now...with that crisis averted, we're back to waiting on DGD.

I did get dressed and eat supper...put away a few things in the kitchen...and that's about all. For some reason, now that it's almost 10pm, I'm starting to feel somewhat motivated to do some cleaning :roll: Maybe I'll go get the dishes done, and try to restore some semblance of order in the kitchen.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Post When You Can”