Thursday Patience

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
OKay

Thursday Patience

Postby OKay » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 am

Many of us are increasing our patience and/or having our patience tried to the limit.

How are you doing today?

OKay

Re: Thursday Patience

Postby OKay » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:45 am

I lost an hour this morning!! Where OH Where did it go? I was on schedule and doing my normal daily cards......then the next thing I know, it was an hour later than I had thought! I remember surfing .....for just a few minutes.... :shock: :oops: :? I hate giving up that early morning time because it leaves me feeling behind the rest of the day.

Patience....grasshopper. That phrase has been stuck in my head for awhile.

Alrighty! Back on track and I'll work in the cards left undone due to my lost hour

Norma

Postby Norma » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:21 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO COWINKIE AND SWEETIE!
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:30 am

Happy Anniversary to Cowinkie & Sweetie!

Last night h. was trying my patience with input about the after school routine for dgson. I had to hold my piece and just listen as I knew that no matter what I said would not make dgson's math grade go up any faster! LOL!

I've been pulling my summer clothes out of the main dresser and putting them in the other one for storage, and now I can think about getting out the long sleeved tops I'd put away in the summer. With out that stuff before putting the summer / winter tops in there actually is room in my other dresser! Light bulb moment here.

Great news my BS is perfect today yea! Had a very ripe pear the day before may have been at least part of the prob. of the high reading yesterday. Having some cocoa in my coffee this morning. Thanks for that info. in H&F Harriet!

Last night I went to bed an hour early I just could not stay awake.

I have granny duty today.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:45 am

Good morning all. Happy Anniversary to Cowinkie and Sweetie!!!

Oh! I slept so well last night. I think the stress is finally letting go. I'm not thinking all the "I shoulda saids".

This morning my mind is on computers. Somehow DH's computer un-installed his mouse and cannot find it when it is plugged in. I can get to the internet using shortcut keys but cannot get to the line where I could type in the address of the mouse driver download. I don't know - maybe it is the mouse that died. Maybe we will see if we can find one close and see if it will install itself.

I'm a little ticked at my son-in-law and son as they are both computer geeks and haven't answered my emails asking for help.

We will be headed back to the lot sometime this afternoon. One of our friends is coming back to their house around noon so we will hang around to welcome them back. I also want to visit a couple others here in the park.

Can you tell I am not eager to go back and start packing? But I will get in the groove soon.

TTFN - DH out of the shower so it is my turn.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:55 am

Thank you Norma and Nancy...

I'm doing my morning routine of picking up my footprints. Two weeks ago I redid my closet. I pitched my old summer stuff and put away the rest. I'm very happy with the results. Took much time, but my closet still looks like it did two weeks ago. That tells me I've got a good system going :D

After I finish drinking my coffee I am going outside to plant a few goodies, then Sweetie and I are going to the movies. We plan to go out to dinner tonight...

I am so enjoying my time off. Taking plenty of time just to sit and breath. Made my travel arrangements for Xmas and that is behind me now. I told my DM yesterday that we would be with her for Xmas and she responded like she had won the lottery. Icing on the cake is my DS will be joining us and my DM hasn't seen him in over a year. This is the first time in many years that my whole family will be together for Xmas. All my DM's grandchildren are adults now and it will be fun to watch them all interact. Need to make sure my camera is in working order ;)

Off to go enjoy some sunshine. The doggies are enjoying my time home as well. Plenty of play time for us all.

Y'all have a great day....cya'll later......................
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:57 am

Thanks MT....
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY COWINKLE & SWEETIE!

Breakfast done, DH and LO launched. DH is getting 4 shots and then taking LO to get his flu shot. I am fairly sure the last shot (LO's) will not be a pleasant experience or a quiet one!

Need to make some DPC. One down and two to go.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:40 am

Just a quick "hi" and I'm off to clean the living room (allowing myself 30-minutes per room today). Our dpastor is coming around 5:30 and I'm trying to spiff up a little bit. At least I have the winter beef stew in the crock pot. Had a HORRIBLE time cutting up the potatoes -I've NEVER had such tough potatoes in my life (and I've done a LOT of potatoes in my lifetime!). Hoping they get tender with the all-day cooking. I'll be mortified!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY COWINKIE AND SWEETIE!. How does that year roll around so fast?

Okay, I'm off. Am feeling a bit better today. Will make note of how I felt this week -about 5 days after my flu shot -pretty sure this is how I've felt every other year. Just thought I had escaped it this year. NOT. It's a hard thing to describe because I'm JUST under the weather -feel achy and all the other viral symptoms.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:48 am

(((Dee)))) Glad you are starting to feel better. Enjoy that special guest tonight!

Alrighty! All phone calls made -
** Confirmed LO flue shot availability this morning
** Lawyer appt made for next week
** ice maker repairman is now schedule to visit our home next week

I pulled out the ice maker (free standing) from underneath the counter and cleaned the area underneath and behind it. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that dirty. However.....by moving it around, now the water line running to it is leaking. :roll: Not good. Maybe I can trace the line backwards and find a shut off valve. Off to investigate.....

Return to “Post When You Can”