Thursday Patience

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Thursday Patience

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Cowinkie and Sweetie, sittin' in a movie, k-i-s-s-i-n-g.

(Just making sure you long-time-married folks remember what a theater is for.)

Nancy, I had several eye-opening pieces of info looking at the fruit-sugars fructose chart. There's a big difference in them all.

I've finished up the jeans wash. That always takes a little longer than other laundry. And either dd is hiding pant hangars from me or we need to buy some more.

HRH had his dr appt this a.m. and called home to ask a question. I was glad because I got to NAG to make sure they include his B-12 and D on his bloodwork. So often he has to go back for this or that because of a disconnect between dr and lab. (Or just absentminded dr. This is the same one who once gave HRH his B-12 shot and then sent him for a blood test of B-12, lol.)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Oh, Harriet, I was reading last night about that bacteria my DFriend has, and happened upon a forum where one person told an experience: Dr. used implement to cut a toenail that bled, opened his drawer and threw that implement into it on top of all the other instruments... ewww...... sometimes drs. ewww

Dee, I hope you are feeling better.
I hope Indiana is doing ok also.

Wondering how bittersweet's DD & baby are...still incubating probably..

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY COWINKIE AND SWEET DH.
Caught up on desk today and did internet search for DD, hunting down a wall tile trim for her and a long conversation to explain. Now must go to post office & return her tile sample she sent... this took a lot of patience.

And I'm catching up on laundry around here also. Bed stripped, washed, hanging up. Perm Press load done & hanging, shirts, blouses, etc. That leaves just the whites but I'm out of bleach, must get that when I'm out.

My whole life requires patience, sometimes more than I have!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Why am I so sleepy today? I went to bed at 9:00. Last night started out to be lonely and depressing so I went to dinner at church and improved my mood immensely. I will have to remember that on other Wednesday evenings. When I got home, I examined the mail, nothing too bad, and did a little kitchen unpack/cleanup. I have to get my house in reasonable shape for the Halloween party. I even rode my exercise bike 10 minutes to help my knee and supposedly my energy level. What I could not do was get the permission forms for the library event, library was closed. Still a high priority item. XDH, a friend, and I are meeting tonight to plan Halloween party. Should be interesting. Then I have a mission team meeting at church.

Tomorrow, XDH has DD, lonesome for me. But the weekend DD and I have a Girl Scout camporee and there is a birthday party Sunday afternoon. Don't know when i will be able to rest!!!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Finally taking a little while to stop in here. I'm eating a bite of lunch at the same time. Greetings to Everyone!

Happy Anniversary to Cowinkie and Dh. Sounds like you have a pleasant day planned.

OKay, I hope LO does ok with his shot.

It's been quiet here lately, nothing new going on. Dh has had a couple of routine dr. appointments. I'm just plugging along with my daily and weekly chores. Still finishing up my sewing project, getting closer to completion. I need to make sure it's finished before the end of the month. Ds#3 may be able to be here for a short visit as some of his unit will be in the area on a business trip and he's trying to arrange to come with them. Hopefully he will be able to come and take the quilt back with him -- saving me from having to mail it.

It's a nice day here, 80*, some big white fluffy clouds, but lots of blue sky and sunshine.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:57 pm

My plans for the day have changed. I was to take a friend church hat shopping but she is not well enough today. I called to confirm yesterday and she asked if we could wait and see about today. She called at noon to let me know she wasn't up to it. I'm going to move my house blessing to today from tomorrow and then we can go tomorrow if she's feeling better. It is a touch of food poisoning we think, combined with depression so getting her to go out is always hit or miss.

I got a little bit done this morning, had my lunch and will now push forward with the housework.

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Checking in - I saw Indiana's light on earlier today and hoped to see a CI from her. ((((Indiana)))) take care - we are here when you are ready.

shirataki noodles experiment = YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!
Double YUCKY!
IMHO, shirataki noodles are the most disgusting "food" I have ever put into my mouth. Trying them one time was quite enough for me ThankYouVeryMuch!
And this opinion is coming from the person who likes EVERYTHING. I normally find something likable in every food, so this was a bit of a shock to me to totally abhor a food.

I mowed the yard with push mower this morning. Well, not exactly - more like walked from weed to weed and cut them off with the mower. It only took an hour to do the whole yard.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:15 pm

We've had breakfast.
Vacuuming the basement has been done now yea for my progress.
H. is going to grill chicken breasts for lunch. Yummo as Rachael Ray would say!

Dgd has enjoying yogurt, story time, sitckers and looking
forward to going outside and doing some sidewalk chalk.

OMM: I need to get in touch w/ dson and see about setting up
some cousin time this weekend.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Okay: If those were the noodles you had to buy 6 packs of, put them up on freecycle to see if you can find someone who will appreciate them. Or try at church.

Upstairs is dusted and vacuumed, the bathroom floors are mopped. I've also vacuumed the stairs and the rug under the dining room table. The rest of the floors on this level are wood or vinyl.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Hubby has the fire pit is going now he's has a plan & he's cooking lunch.
Gotta run Being "Paiged"!

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Happy anniversary Cowinkie and Sweetie - and many more!

I got a late start today, but ready to start on the list now.

It is absolutely gorgeous weather today - sunny and 85 degrees!

Thinking about Indiana - haven't heard from her. If you see this Indiana, please check in with your doctor and let us know! I've been worried about you lately.

Laundry timer just went off - I've got to move now!

Return to “Post When You Can”