TGIF PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
sherinjoy

Re: TGIF PWYC

Postby sherinjoy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks Dee for asking the questions of MT - I was lost along the way too. Thanks MT for answering and filling in all the details of your moves and sales. My only question was when you sold the truck, how were you going to move the 5th wheel - it seemed you didn't have any vehicle to pull it. But you said you're going to sell it too, so I guess that you weren't planning on moving it anywhere.

I have a question for Kathryn - did your son-in-law get the job at the local college? You had said your DD was going to answer when you saw her at Thanksgiving, but either I missed the answer or you forgot to tell us. I keep thinking how wonderful that would be to have them close- maybe the college hasn't responded to him yet and you're waiting for the answer too.

Hot here today - upper 80's. A burst of summer weather in October. I haven't switched any summer clothes out of my closet yet, still wearing them.

Going to see the poet Mary Oliver this evening. I have loved her poetry for years - she won the Pulitzer Prize for poetry. Gotta get ready to go soon.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Who ever buys the 5th wheel will have a truck to pull it or hire someone to transfer it to their lot.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Dove

Postby Dove » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Caught up on posts through Indi's post this morning -- I was concerned, too, and am so happy to read that you feel much better & are up to walking Jake.

HAPPY (belated) ANNIVERSARY to Cowinkie & her Sweetie!

I have about 10 minutes to finish cuop ... have a good night, everyone!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Oops, knew it was you, Harmony, and I said 'Harriet' didn't I. Wonder if maple syrup in FL is brought in from up north. Going to have to check it out when I'm there as we have a Sam's membership through DD. Then I can just tell DSisIL to have DD get it. Of course I'm sure a 1/2 gallon will last them a very long time. DFIL had a huge maple syrup concern here in New York state when he was alive and we had syrup for a long time. Haven't had the 'real' stuff ourselves in a long time.

Thanks, MT, for the 'details' -now I can sleep satisfied. :D Sometimes I have these questions whirling in my head and just never get around to asking. Waiting too to see if Kathryn ever heard as well.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:21 pm

I've posted in Members Only. Going to bed now, even though it's not quite 7:30pm here. These 40 hour days are just NOT my cup of tea any more. :roll:
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Waving at Dove!

Tidbit of knowledge: The Near-Earth Object Program Office at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif said this afternoon they can no longer find comet Elenin, which started breaking apart after passing through a solar storm in August. It will just be debris as it passes us Sunday on its trajectory, which is 22 million miles away. According to NASA, Elenin was too small and too far away to have any effect on earth, even when it was intact, but outrageous claims about the "Doomsday Comet" or "Planet X" affecting earth's gravitational pull had become a "snowball effect on the web". Amateur astronomers who thought they might catch a glimpse of a comet Sunday will be disappointed.

Oh, Emptynester, 5 hours! Was it Peggy? Sounds like him.

Thank you, bittersweet.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Harriet: I don't know if it was Peggy or not. The picture was a young man - we only typed at each other. Sometimes I think I knew more than he did. And I only know enough to be dangerous.

I had the fan on, DH brought me Dr. Peppers and I had my nook to read while rebooting etc. was going on. I did have to lie and tell him I had to take a phone call when it was a call of nature. :oops:
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Sherinjoy Yes, I told all of you I'd have news and then didn't say anything. That's because they've heard nothing. It is now 3 weeks since he left and 2 weeks past when they thought they'd know. Dd is sure it will all fall apart.

I wasted the evening but, in the last hour had a spurt of energy and cleaned up the kitchen, folded one load of laundry, put another into the dryer and started a third. That load is waiting to be hung up now. I also printed and cut apart all the dinner tickets so I just have to staple them and put them into envelopes to hand out at church on Sunday.

Dh is home now. He's cancelled the rental car because his dowsing conference is now going to end at 5:45 tomorrow. I'll drive him and his friend, go on to my course, do errands and then pick them up at 5:45. They aren't enjoying it; the focus is on spiritual/mystery and not on practical. Dh and his friend are both science/math driven and non-believers (yes, I know dh goes to church but you'd be surprised how many non-believers do - I know because they confide in me.) The people running the course are all believers in the mystery so the course, run at a Unitarian Church, has those overtones. I could tell by reading the brochure and there was an interview on the radio this morning as well. Dh didn't identify any of that because he isn't tuned to that kind of language.

Anyway, I'm pleased with the change in plans because 1) it saves about $50 and 2) it saves me a long hang-around town or a second drive to the airport. Hanging around for 3 hours I can do, for 5 hours I wanted to come home.

Off to bed now. We still have to leave by 7:45 tomorrow so I need to get some sleep.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:11 am

Yesterday dgd had fun putting nuts and acrons out for the squirrels she put them together and all the same nuts in one spot.

After my walk today my foot is sore & I've been limping; one ankle has pain that comes and goes from time o time wish it would hurry up and go! Shopping was
a challenge with my sore foot gimping along.

Granny duty is over h. is done with his errands I still need to do a store run & pick up an Rx. Done with that.
H. had a stressful day and his bp was up.

It was raining when we came out after wards but by the time we got home it had stopped and the roads were dry.

Return to “Post When You Can”