TGIF PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

TGIF PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 am

Thank goodness it's Friday! At work again. :evil:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TGIF PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:15 am

I'm up but not s2s. I have exercised and had breakfast and just finished cleaning my hot water pot. So I've accomplished some stuff today but I need to get moving now.

Ds will be dropping by today. And I might be going hat shopping. Dh has a dowsing conference tonight and tomorrow so I need to be back by 4 so we can have dinner. The dinner I planned is a no-go, I'm out of pork chops. So I won't be starting dinner in the crock pot.

Tomorrow, I have a course and dh has the conference and they are at 2 different times and places so we leave here at 7:30ish and go to the airport to rent a car. I'll get to my course an hour early but will at least be able to come home after. Dh's thing ends at 7. He'll call me when he's back at the airport and I'll meet him there after he drops off the rental car.

Since tomorrow is so busy, we are taking showers today so we won't have to tomorrow. Thus I need to get into the shower now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:53 am

Waving to everyone! Indiana I see your light on I've been thinking about you.

I'm up bs is up a bit today also.
It's cloudy out here today. 66*-49* Is the temp. range for us. It rained in the night here.

Yesterday dgd had fun putting nuts and acorns out for the squirrels she put them together and all the same nuts in one spot. The other granny has her today and she has pre-school this morning. All of the walnuts are gone they must like them the best, now the squirrels are going for the acorns.

H. is still in bed. He has errands & I have some also he's hoping we can combine them at some
point during the day here.

I need to s2s & do my hair.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:01 am

I'm feeling much better. I can walk Jake now. That is about it though.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 am

Ds just dropped by. He's doing a border run which takes him by our place so he dropped in for my US shopping list (car cabin filters and Baked Ruffles) and to borrow US cash from us. He'll drop by on his way back.

I've s2s. Still need to dry and straighten my hair, it is really frizzy despite doing a deep condition today.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Think my brain is a bit fuzzy today -but what are car cabin filters, Kathryn?

I've been very slow this morning too. Dpastor came yesterday for dinner and it was 10pm by the time she left. We had a wonderful time and the stew was oh so delicious! Wish I had lots of dishes like that in my repertoire!

Glad you're improving, Indiana. Walking Jake....that's a big step in my book!

I can see the speed picking up here in getting ready to leave. DH gave me a list to type out of 'closing' things he has to do for the campground. He's picking up one of DS-A's trucks tonight to take a bunch of recyclables in tomorrow and plans to winterize DS's motorhome while he's there. Also has to winterize DD's MH which is here.

If it stops raining I expect I should have a dresser out of here tonight or tomorrow -to go to DS's.

Going to a farmstand this afternoon about 7 miles from here -have to find real maple syrup for dh's db & wife in FL. Know it will be EXpensive! Want to get some spaghetti squash as well. Love it with butter/cheese.

Still have all the dishes to do from last night but figured I'd wait until after lunch. DH was tasting the stew for lunch but told him he'd have to wait for dinner. :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Good morning everyone! I met XDH and a friend for dinner last night and we planned the Halloween party for which I need to write up invitations. Then I went to a mission team meeting for church. I am grateful for church right now, it gives me something to do besides sit around in a pity party.

I just finished modifications to a document and sent it to boss to review. Not sure what to do now at payroll. I have lunch with a friend coming up, then appointment with a counselor. Maybe she can tell me how to stop the loneliness at night. Church doesn't have meetings every night to keep me occupied!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Thought this was funny (peculiar funny) :geek: We have a high wind watch beginning at 3:59 p.m. until 5a.m. tomorrow. Just thought the statement of 'time' was different.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Dee my car has a filter that filters the air coming into the cabin of the car from outside. These are replaceable by the owner who reads the manual and to do so costs $20 less than getting the dealership to do it. Lately, the filters for my car have dropped to between $10 and $20 in the US but are still $40 each in Canada so I've sent ds to buy me some. I haven't replaced mine since the mice nested in the car while we were traveling last year (since then, we put moth balls under the car where the mice get in when we are leaving on a long trip.)

I've finished making up the first draft of the tickets for the Asian Dinner. It is more complicated than usual since the food is prepared (but not cooked) in advance so we need to know how many vegetarian and how many regular meals have been sold. I found a raffle ticket template on the internet which I modified and it worked great once I dug out an old computer that had MS Word on it.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Waving G'morning to y'all.

Thank you for the many well wishes. Sweetie and I had a great day. We went to the movies and then out to a very nice Italian place for dinner. We came home and I decided I wanted ice cream :D Sweetie walked the dogs while I ran to the grocery store. I ended up with frozen yogout for me...Sweetie got chocolate mint. My was yummie and I know Sweetie loved his.

I've spent the morning picking up footprints and planting so flowers. Already done one complete load of wash and put it up. Got another on in the washer and one in the dryer. I like this being home stuff ;)

The other day when I was in my cleaning burst, I put plastic shelves in under my bathroom sink and decluttered everything. Now I have baskets for like things and boy do I love it. My next big project is my office closet...thats gonna be a big deal, but I'll wait until I get one of those bursts again.

Off to get my toes done. Need to mail a few things and then make a phone call to my dm. That will wipe out an hour or so. I just keep reminding myself that someday in the near future that won't be an option ...shes 84...and there will be plenty of days when I will want to call her but can't. Helps me to keep those sorts of things in my mind at times.

Hope y'all are having a great day. My break didn't just whiz by and I've enjoyed every second of it. cy'all later..........
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”