Forever Young Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Forever Young Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:39 am

Forever Young

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young

May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung
May you stay forever young.

I love the lyrics of this song by Bob Dylan. My wish for today for all of our village!

We've had "winds of changes shifting" and joyful hearts, strong women and courageous hearts here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: Forever Young Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 am

I didn't know all the words to that song until now - really well written piece! I want to grow up just like that.

This morning I was awake before anyone and had time to complete all my personal morning routine, make up a new Healthy Habits card for the fridge, complete the Morning Daily Card hour, AND deep clean the microwave before anyone else got up! I was pleased. Well - I didn't make the bed for MDCard because there was a man in there!

I get to post a 1/2-pound loss toward our October H and F losings. :) I'm so impressive.

It's sunshine-y and pretty here. I'm going to try to sneak outside and just soak it in about noon. I'm still believing I can squeeze a little Sunshine Vitamin out of the sky on Oct 15 here at my latitude. Perhaps I'm wrong, but maybe! And it will make Fay happy.

Dd13 needs me to insist on extra homework today. One teacher gave the class an extra day on a big assignment and I fear dd is taking it as some kind of wonderful reprieve and not admitting anything (any detour) can happen!

"I Love Lucy" is 60 years old today... APRON DAY!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:35 am

Twins I love that song!

The kitchen needs help today.
My foot is better my knee popped and that relieved some thing about the alignment of my foot I'm so happy about that pain being relieved this morning! Yea! I'm not limping nearly as much. I was concerned about walking about at the flag foot ball game of dgson's.

It's been raining in the night here and still is a bit this morning but supposed to stop by noon or so.

My bs is a bit elavated this morning.
Coffee is going.
Kitchen sinks are empty, dishes are loaded.
H. is inspecting gutters they still need help but we are booked this morning.
s2s is done.
Kitchen sinks are shiny counters got a quick spiff.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Twins' those are beautiful words for today. Thank you for sharing with us.

My weekend chores are in full swing here today and I'm almost done with morning duties. Sweeping and mopping are done. One lol is ready to put away, another is still drying. I just have some odds and ends to put away from dining room table.

Dfam#1 will not come today, but will be here tomorrow. I called ddil#2 last evening to see if they were busy today. Dgd16 has a band competition all afternoon and evening at another high school. Dh wanted them to meet us for dinner so I think we will do Italian this time.

My break is over, I want to finish so I have some free time before meeting dfam#2. bbl
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Rod Stewart sings a great version of that song....I love his singing in his "old age".

I have one more load of laundry to complete. Sweetie and I are meeting friends for dinner. I went to HS with the guy and I love his wife. They live about 25 miles from us, but you would think they were hundreds of miles away. We always have great times when we get together. Promised conversation at some point tonight will go like this...We have such a great time together, so WHY don't we do this more often??? Sweetie doesn't always take to "new" male friends...Norma's DH and this guy are the exceptions to the rule :D

After dinner we all plan to go to a car show where we will meet up with some other friends. It's gonna be a fun night and a terrific way to wind down my break.

Waving to y'all. Its gonna be a record breaking hot one today. 100* :shock: Remember we had a wonderfully cool long spring and I said back then I was afraid we would pay for it this fall. Bummer.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

helia

Postby helia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Just running through to say hi! Yes, beautiful words to start the day, Twins. Such a positive way to start the day!

I am through my crunch time. :) The next crunch is to make sure ds has everything correctly completed for his Univ. applications. He is only doing 2 Universities early action - deadline Nov. 1. One is UMich; the other is a private school that if he happens to get in (highly unlikely even though ds looks excellent on paper - 9% acceptance rate :shock: ) he has decided he will accept. If that one is a no-go, he'll apply to the other private schools he has lined up for regular action. . . . .He can't do more than one of the privates early action. We're assuming UMich Engineering will accept him. No, dh's being a prof. there has no bearing on his acceptance nor on tuition price. Many people have asked us that. If Umich doesn't. . . well. . ..hmmm.....we'll go to a different plan.

It is gray and cool here. We are probably going to be paying for the last 2 sunshiny weeks with highs in the mid to upper 70s.

Small group has been cancelled for tonight; it was very small anyway. Dh needs help at the soup kitchen - he cannot cook for and serve 80+ people by himself. Cancelling small group frees me (and the girls) up to help him (I was originally planning not to go as I would have needed to be prepping the house to host small group) as well as another family in small group who couldn't swing both soup kitchen and small group. Before we leave in an hour, I'd like to work on trimming some bushes.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Wow, cannot believe Cowinkie is still seeing triple digits.

I did get outdoors - dd covered for me with her grandfather. Her ddad and oldest bro are doing repairs at her grandfather's house, but having dd here means I don't have to be alert all the time. I hesitate to mention it ... ... but it is 72 degrees. :)

Bless her heart, she tried to make scrambled eggs again and they were hard again. Her Daddy and I have both tried lessons, but she is still worried sick they will be undercooked, so she's disappointed. I made myself an omelet again - it was so good yesterday. Mine was with Fay's happy yellow-yellow eggs. Thanks, Fay. I also was pleased with it yesterday because I think it kept me satisfied longer than most meals.

Nancy, do you think you turned your ankle? Ultimately, I think that's what did an "alignment" doozy to my leg when I stepped in that hole. Turned ankles do seem to get better/worse/better/worse.

Oh, I know helia's ds surely does look "good on paper"! All best wishes.

Sunny reminds me I have clothes to fold, too. bbl

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Harriet: I am always less hungry if I eat some protein for breakfast. Wonder why I can't remember that?

Up at 6:30 and over to the 5th wheel for my shower. Then I finished packing DH's closet and most of mine. Have most of the drawers emptied. I need some boxes for the rest of the drawers and one cupboard as they all will go in the office at the house. I am clearly marking all bags and boxes for where they go when we unload and my own little code on them for what is in them.

By 8:30 it was too hot to do any more so I came into the MH to make pictures for my neighbor. He said he wanted a picture of "that guy" for his shed. "That guy" is Kokopelli, the flute player. I have the outline in my pictures and learned how to make it bigger to print. I made him one about 16 inches high for the back door of his pickup camper and one about 28 inches high for his shed. Now that I know how to make the pictures bigger - I will make some for either the end of our house or for the garage door at the new house. . . . in my spare time.

I just remembered that I put a load of whites in the washer about 2 hours ago. Best go get them on the line.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Norma

Postby Norma » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Good Morning and Good Afternoon! I so love Rod Stewart, a fellow Scot. He's my guy. Still having kids while his kids are having kids! What a guy! :lol: :lol: :lol: He sure is Forever Young.

Today we have a 50th anniversary to attend. It is our neighbors and will be at our park ClubHouse, a beautiful place. After the initial get together then the family will have a sit down dinner and DH and I are invited to be part of the family. Their grand-children love DH and kept asking "Will W---- be there, Will W---- be there"? They love him because he takes them all for rides in the hotrod! Their grandpa loves him because he takes him out everyday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tonight is the night that great-grand-daughter will attend her first hockey game - Sharks vs. Blues. We are all excited. Because they sit on the glass (grandpa is in a wheelchair) we see them everytime the camera swings their way. She has her "outfit" ready to go - Teal shirt with a Shark on it, Orange TuTu and black leggings, ear protection and bright red hair. I sent the announcer who stands directly behind them an e-mail announcing her arrival. :lol: :lol: Silly old great-grandma!

Great weekend all! You too Cowinkie! Wish we were at the car show!
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Norma

Postby Norma » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Just had to come back and say Kokopelli! What a guy! I think Rod Stewart must have been Kokopelli in his other life! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Return to “Post When You Can”