Sunday Smiles

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Re: Sunday Smiles

Postby bittersweet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Since Wednesday? Ummmm...ya...rewashing is likely a good idea :P

After an rather unexpected hour-long nap, I got the first round done. Now to figure out what to do next.

- finish dishes
- wipe counters/stove
- take out trash
- put/throw away 10 things from dining room table
- start a load of laundry
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm assuming this is one of those personality clashes ("Our Rabbi has always done things this way - this new Rabbi is too different!") but if it is something more serious, my more gentle way of dealing with it might not be appropriate.

Kathryn, this is exactly it. My fear is that it could grow into something more serious if it festers. This rabbi has been here for three full years and began the fourth in July and I suspect the "honeymoon" is over.

You are a wise lady! The first time this came up I brought it up in religious activities committee meeting and he kind of blew it off. So an informal meeting with me would be better, I think. And the response to the author is going to be one of those kill 'em with kindness notes.

Still haven't had lunch. Dh came in and upset the apple cart. I also went through a stack of papers and scanned, discarded for recycling and shredded.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Quick sandwich - I need to step it up here!

-reboot the laundry
-bring down laundry from upstairs
-clear out one section of the cabinets in family room and put away the season decorative stuff
-purge and wipe out the refrigerator
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Hats,hats, hats!!! I love hats! Kic...wish you lived close to me cause I have hat pins and would be glad to lend you one. I buy most of my hats at kmart. Sometimes I wear my hair up and sometimes I don't. Love to wear them when my hair is yucky, as it hides it. The only kind of hat I don't wear are ball caps. I have a small head to hold my small brain and most the time the cap is so big I look like a monkey with my ear flaring out. Sometimes I can find girl caps that fits.

We had a wonderful time last night. Nice way to end my break.

I have all my clothes for next week ready to go. Morning will come early.
Waving to y'all.....cya'll later
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:36 pm

I wear a ball cap at the beach in the summer to protect my head and face - hummmm, really should wear something with a brim now that I've had the skin cancer scare. If I'm walking or going to be outside for awhile in the winter, I'll sometimes wear a hat or earwarmers but I don't like "hat hair."

I finished that round, except for wiping out the refrigerator. I did purge it, but then went to get my shower. While upstairs, I did some straightening up and put away a very large basket of laundry that I washed last Wednesday, so that's done.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Going to DS-A's house in about an hour. We had a big pan of pulled pork in our freezer and way too much for the 2 of us. So asked them if they'd like to 'host' the bunch of us for an impromptu supper. Think I need to go see if my cell phone is in the car and give DGD16 a call -see if she'd like to go with us. Haven't seen much of her this summer I'm afraid. She did come out to stay a couple of times while dd was here. Stopped by the grocery store this afternoon to pick up rolls and some salads for tonight. DS-R's family is also going to join us. So that will make for all of us except DGS18 -who's at college. We could go get him but it's really out of the way today. Hopefully he'll be able to join us in a couple of weeks -we plan to take everyone who's able to our church's Smorgasbord that last Saturday we're here.

2 weeks -hardly seems possible. DH noticed today that he thinks we need new tires on the front. So -one more thing to do. He called and ordered them today so should be able to get them on later this week.

Guess I'll go look for my phone and call dgd. Have a great evening, everyone!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Norma

Postby Norma » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:32 pm

I too love hats. I have many "red hats" for when I was a red hatter. I am amazed at all the hats at K-Mart. I had no idea. I have a number of plain like summer hats which I take to AZ and also Giants visor and Sharks visor. I am wondering if Princess Kate will be starting a popular trend now. The Queen is never without a hat and Diana had plenty. :) Smiling at thoughts of Diana, a lovely person :)

Great-grand-daughters first hockey game was great. They featured her several times on the big Jumbotran and when she saw her self up there it was so funny. A great experience we will all remember.

Our neighbors 50th was wonderful and the food catered by our local bakery/restaurant was out of this world. YUM! :lol:
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Smiling Sunday is a great day!

Hats - I don't like wearing hats, but wear wide brimmed sun hats when I'm out because of my pale skin. On Easter at our church, we have a tradition of a parade of Easter hats worn by the women. Very fun for all.

I just finished decorating the front yard for Halloween. I bought new decorations this year and a Fall wreath for the front door. I also have Thanksgiving decorations for the front, but I'll put those out when I take down the Halloween stuff.

I have a collection of Halloween sweaters, vests, earrings and socks that I like to wear in October. I have a different set for each Sunday in October to wear to church. The kids always like it and I bring candy in my pocket to hand out. It's a fun month around here!

Off to finish decorating indoors.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm doing better.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Glad to see you improving, Indiana!

I went through my clothes. Tossed everything that was size 8 bottom. Kept very few of the size 10 bottoms but I may get that size again. Right now, size 14 would be a victory. Ended up with one green garbage bag of stuff to take to Goodwill. And one bag for the garbage, including a couple of oily jackets of my dad's (I couldn't part with them at first.)

There are still a lot of Dad's clothes in the basement. Babysteps. They aren't the sort of thing that will bless others so I will hang onto them.

I still have way too many clothes. One smallish bin and about 2' of rod space for clothes that are too small. Another smallish bin and 2' of rod space for summer clothes. Another 2' of rod space for things that fit from this season but aren't in my closet yet. My closet is quite empty but I'll leave those things in the basement and see if I need them at all this year. I know the cashmere and the heavy sweaters will come up when the time is right. Not sure about some of the other things.

Watched two movies as I worked, While You Were Sleeping and An American President. My VCR won't rewind at all, or eject without a lot of assistance. Luckily, my stand-alone rewinder still works so I used that after freeing the tapes.

Return to “Post When You Can”