Tip toeing Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: Tip toeing Tuesday

Postby helia » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Yesterday was yearly "glitter washrag" appt (IYKWIM!)

I am literally chuckling out loud, OK. My mom shared that story with me. Glad that is behind you, and boy, do you have a lot going on this week. Keep Friday bday fun in front of you. . . .

I'm chugging through Hebrew. Parsing everything out takes SO LONG. . . .

Dryer beeped. I'm going to go do the switcharoo. Still working on towels and bedding.

Norma

Postby Norma » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Oh, I was thinking about Cathie in Eugene the other day and the glitter wash rag story. :lol: I don't see her anymore. We had lunch a couple of times when she came to Carson City. I think she is without a doubt on Facebook. Is anyone in contact with her?

Friends we met in AZ last winter are flying to spend 3 days with us from Indianapolis. We are excited to show them Northern Nevada and especially Lake Tahoe. We will spend the day Thursday up there. So, you know I am busy sweeping, mopping, cleaning and etc. Next year they want us to come see them. I think we will do that.

OKay, I am keeping you in my prayers. MT I hope the move goes well for you. We will wave at you as we go through Wickenburg on Nov. 1. INDIANA hope you are back on your feet and doing well. Everyone else I say a pray when I read your posts. :) :) :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Alright, I have to ask. What is the story behind the glitter wash rag.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:05 pm

It's an oft-told tale about getting ready for a gyn appt and mistakenly getting glitter on oneself so that the dr notices. During the exam.

I'm sure OKay had a much more sensible visit. Good job on keeping up with proactive med appts, OKay.

((Elizabeth's dd)) I hope she wasn't too traumatized!!

Lilac, congratulations to you and dh on the decision and the excitement of a new place. Glad you had a safe trip - what was the most fun?

Also hope Nancy's dd has a safe trip.

Dee, does your bs level still seem good?

What's new, Indiana?

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Hello dear ladies,

Dropping in to say hello again.

Yesterday was busy with dr. appointment for dbrother. While there, Dbrother, DH and I all got our flu shots.

Dbrother's test came back with low sodium levels so will have to make sure to add salt to his food. I have cooked low salt dishes for so long and now I have make sure there is salt in it.

Having crazy weather here, some days are upper 80's to 90's but the nights are getting chilly. Today is 59 this afternoon. Dh asked me to put the flannel sheets on the bed. We haven't needed to start using heat yet.

Going to sit on the porch for awhile, don't know if the sunshine is good enough to catch some Vit D but it should be pleasant just to sit outside anyway.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Dh has decided to write a letter (old-fashioned kind) once a week. Good intentions didn't work so he added it to his to-do list. Unlike me, he actually does his to-do list. So he sat down to write a letter and I decided to write the thank you note for Thanksgiving.

Then we walked to the general store for the mail and posted our letters. I'll write a letter when he writes one and that will make me virtuous too.

I completely forgot I had a coffee-date with my girlfriend tomorrow but she called so that has been added to the calendar. I'll have to not sleep in tomorrow morning.

I'm in the process of updating and synching my google calendar with my paper calendar in my purse. Some day I'll get a smart phone and won't have to carry a paper calendar.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:35 pm

52* when we got home from our Tues. date. Dgd must have heard us talking about going to our fav. taco stand while she was at pre-school b/c she was asking about it when we picked her up. She had fun and likes the crafts and story brought home some crafts she did before so her folks could make a big fuss over what she'd made. Dd is going to surprise dgson and pick him up from school! She'll help him clear out unfinished assignments from his desk.

Dd & sil are home safe and sound and have picked up dgd and the clothes I put in suit cases that were here. They were travel weary and glad to be home. Under impressed with the water clarity compared to Mexico / Carabian.

Had a memorable morning as I was hormonal and had a low just before lunch they goofed and put tater tots in my breakfast wrap I had to have them make me a diff.one. Hubby was happy as a clam he ate the one I couldn't have. Got the special 2 for of gbeef wraps to have for later. If you have to have a low just before lunch is a great time for one LOL!

Found a green chenille top with pink and aqua blue & white stripes in it at the thrift store today.

Back from my walk did a shorter one today my foot was hurting a bit. 8-) Lovely sunny fall day here today.

I saw a journal to write in hard bound for those that have cancer today, and a grandparents journal, some others too, did not have time to consider them more seriously that's probaly a good thing! LOL!

Going to the library does not work out that well because it does not open until after pre-school is going for an hour. I need to remember that.

Power was out in the night or surged so we've had to reset all the digital clocks I'm glad they are not all digital! Had to re-set it again today also.

I'm glad we had a play coat here be the other granny just sent dgd with a light jacket and we changed to the heavier one it was just too nippy out this morning for that one.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Glitter Wash rag (long version)

> "I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me there was a cancellation and the 9:30 am appointment was available I took it. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.
>
> The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort.
>
> So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pyjamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink and gave myself a quick wash in "that area" to make sure I was at least presentable
>
> I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.
>
> I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other such glamorous place a million miles away.
>
> I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?" I didn't respond.
>
> After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal... some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc.
>
> After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?" I told her to get another one from the cupboard.
>
> She replied, "No! I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it."
:shock:

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:10 pm

I added in another stop (after my planned stops). I stopped at Sams and picked up Sliced brisket, potato salad, green salad, fresh baked bread, apple pie and a case of drinks. I felt it was important to take VDFriend some food tonight (her Mom passed away yesterday). It is NOT a home cooked meal like so many of you prepare for others, but it was the best I could do with a full schedule today. She knows how hectic things get some days and will appreciate the effort......even if it is "store bought" meal.

Doc gave me thumbs up status @ yearly checkup. :D He applauded my weight loss and wants me to lose 10 more lbs then stop. I told him my goal weight was 13 more pounds and he agreed to that. I received flu shot today so that is done too. Now for the blood work, colonscope (done every 5 years) and bone density test then I WILL BE DONE for the year. I really really want to complain about all the medical things they want to check on a routine basis, but I'm just grateful it is possible and turns up nothing.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:16 pm

LOL at the glitter story. I have ignored that dr. visit for too long.

OKay, your schedule sounds just impossible. So many things to stuff into such a short time. And you still found time to take that meal to your friend. Someday I want to be like you.

We have had rain on and off yesterday, and all day today. There's a system coming up the gulf from the south and we are getting the most wonderful rain. Some places have flooded streets. There was a waterspout seen. And Tornado watches. OKay, have you had any more rain?

DH did need help in the shop so I spent the afternoon there with him. We built the lumber rack/bin complete with different sized slots and I helped him wrestle it into place. I swore it wasn't going to fit, but he had it just right. I helped load it up and it looks so neat now. Cleanup of everything took a while, but it is done and truck is loaded for trip to landfill with all we didn't need tomorrow.

They gave him used pallets, that's what we built with, but they also gave him a whole stack of 3/4" plywood, DH says there's $275 worth and it is strong and solid so we have that all laid out drying now.

Dinner's done. DH is in bed sleeping. Work really does him in now with the little limp from his hip and his arms...but between the 2 of us somehow we got it done.

Return to “Post When You Can”