Wonderful Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
OKay

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

Postby OKay » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Home and kicking back with a cup of coffee.

Meeting went well this morning. Very encouraging but we also received our "homework" due in 2 weeks. *GULP* Since I've never done this before I can only guestimate the time it will take. It appears to be easily 40 hours hands on effort. I will start working on it in bits-n-pieces and see where I am in a week or so. If I am not making good progress I will clear the schedule and focus entirely on it.

VDFriend and LO had a wonderful time together. She taught him a song about skunk hole :lol: so now he is going around singing it. I hadn't heard this song before so I looked up the lyrics.
Oh, I stuck my head
In the little skunk's hole
And the little skunk said,
"Well, bless my soul!
Take it out! Take it out!
Take it out! Remove it!"

Oh, I didn't take it out
And the little skunk said
"If you don't take it out,
You'll wish you had,
Take it out! Take it out!"

In 50 minutes I need to be about 30 miles away to pick up DGS16 and his girlfriend. We are going to the mall clothes shopping for DGS16. It will be an enjoyable experience even though it involves my least favorite activity (shopping). Then everyone will come to our home .....then church. I think I will whimp out and order pizza for the teeenagers this evening, so I don't need to cook 3 types of meals

OH NO! Coffee cup is empty. That is my clue to hit the road. VROOOM VROOM .....LO to the bathroom....water bottles for all prepared......and we are off!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:46 pm

How to sing "The Little Skunk's Hole"

Today is just one thing after another. I did exercise. I put out various fires. There was a spill here. There was a spill at my ddad's house. I just keep going around and averting assorted disasters. If I take a nap, there may be an explosion, I don't know.

Did I get a TaDa in for visiting my colorist yesterday? That was at least one TaDa.

Emptynester, have you heard from Indiana?

Oh, I am so glad OKay's nervousness was proved to be not a problem.

That sentence structure alone tells me I need a nap. Let's hope...

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:51 pm

OKay - I don't think our Eastern Sisters know what we mean about water bottles. When you live in the desert (or drought stricken areas) you carry water with you everywhere. I have a handle shaped like a 7 that fits on a regular water bottle so I can hang it on my pocket. It is the first thing I grab when I go out the door - even if it is to do the laundry. Especially when you are doing something - your mouth gets so dry you can't talk.

When we go in the truck somewhere - we have at least a 6 pack of water with us. On our desert treks we carry at least 5 gallons plus soda and "adult" drinks. Water is essential out here - if you break down you need it.

Four more boxes packed and we are starting to move stuff into the cargo trailer. I have quite a few boxes of books that go in the middle over the tires. We moved the park bench into the front of the trailer and are packing boxes and bags around it. I am taking them to the porch and DH is packing the trailer.

Right now I am cooling off and hydrating in the AC of the MH. Might stop now until it gets cooler tonight. Or if I get a energy spurt - I might keep going.

Harriet - I spoke to her last week but haven't wanted to bother her as it was hard for her to talk and breathe at the same time. It was the day before her house closing.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

helia

Postby helia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Peeking in on a cold drizzly day here. I guess fall had to come after all.

Wish you didn't have to feel bad, Indi.

I'm proud of Harriet for not touching up that sentence structure. :) I know that is hard for a writer.

I'm not here regularly but I'm feeling some anticipation for MT's move. . ..

Waving to everyone!

I feel like I have a brain fog today. I completely forgot one of my Hebrew vocab words on my quiz today; that has never happened before. I knew it too; it just ran out of my brain. Then, I couldn't remember the words "burlap" or "gunny sack" during a discussion of what "sackcloth" was in ancient near eastern cultures. Apparently, not like burlap - cheap, thin linen or something. . . .My head feels woozy and a little sore so I took and Advil.

I said "no" to 2 things today. I think you'd be proud of me, MT and others. :D

If anyone is interested, (1) Dfriend asked about jogging with me Friday or Saturday; though I could have squeezed it in Saturday afternoon, I said "no, maybe next week." II have something all morning Saturday and then we're hosting small group Saturday night; I thought that was enough activity. And then, of my own volition, (2) I cancelled our Thursday dinner crew tomorrow night. With moms group all morning, dd13's field hockey game 4 - 5:30 (if it doesn't get rained out) and then conferences with some of dd16's teachers 5:20 - 6:30, I just didn't feel like worrying about cooking for extra people Thursday afternoon. Besides, we haven't sat down to a family meal together since Oct. 12th. I mean, whoever is availabe has been sitting down to meals every night, but someone has been missing or extra people have been here for the past week. If I can get dinner together by 6, we can have a quick family meal tonight too. :) Ds is at a chess tournament until 5 pm and then he has to be back at the high school - yes, in the rain - at 7 for marching band practice.

The good news is that Friday is the last marching band performance of the year! And next week is the last week of field hockey. :D

Off to continue getting dinner together; tonight, it is chicken, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts in a cream/parmesan sauce over rice. I can make a salad or heat up some mixed veggies, and I have some good frozen french bread rolls to go with it too.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Just jumping of the great hamster wheel of payroll to peek into the village and see what y'all are up to. It's non-stop drama here lately, and as I said to a co-worker...."I don't watch soap operas because I don't like them, so why am I being forced to LIVE in one day after day??" :roll: :lol:

It's also non-stop work....little by little, I'm gaining ground, but it'll likely be sometime next week before I'm properly caught up. Having been up since 4am this morning (for whatever odd reason), I'm thinkin' that an early night is going to be sounding reeeaaaaaallllyyy good by the time I get home. Of course, I won't be missing my new episode of Crimin*l Minds! :P

Alrighty....back to the salt mines for me.........
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Nothing to report. Don't feel like posting. Don't know what's up with that.

I do feel like a nap. Cold, cloudy, rainy, and windy here.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:21 pm

I have decided to eat at church again this Wed. There is stuff I need to do at home, but I want company with dinner. When I get home, I will make DD's bed and do some cleanup around the house. Maybe even unpack something from a box. I have two in my bedroom that are in the way. Have a good evening everyone.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:29 pm

44-66* Today's temp. range.
We have fed the squirrels.
Part of today's excitement :arrow:
Ack! Dgd tried to feed the VCR one of her sox luckily I was able to pull it out and get it going again now. :mrgreen:

Squirrl is happily munching on the acorns dgd put out it to eat on.

Granny duty is over and so is dinner I cleaned up the kitchen today so dinner was cold cereal.

Walked back from the library I had dd drop me off and I walked the last block to it and then back home for a 1 and a half mile walk back home with my book. Then after dinner I mowed the yard this afternoon!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Cooked dinner for dh. He then made up dinner for tomorrow night (Shepherd's pie) and I cleaned up. Talked with my music friend for a long time. I'm now IMing with dd as she makes her Christmas flight arrangements.

Just checked FB and our host and the baby were in an accident on the 401. Both are fine but hit by two trucks. I'm still shaking from reading the news, all those what-ifs.....

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Hello, hello!
Good day today. Very good day. I posted an update in Members Only. (No -- I'm not retiring. Not this month, anyway. ;))

Busy day...
Walmart
Pizza Hut
Bank
Dinlaws'

Two phone calls since then. Driving dh crazy.
Last night, dniece called, wanted to know if we could attend "surprise party" for dsisil on Saturday.
DH is -- grrrr -- wanted to go to movie Saturday. Is party at dinlaws' tonight not enough? Grrr.
Tonight, dbil called, Saturday is apparently not good, too many people unable to attend, could we attend on Sunday afternoon? Dbil is not SURE, will call me back when they commit to a day.
DH is DEFINITELY -- grrrr -- if there is anything he hates, it is a Sunday afternoon commitment.
So at that point, he had Saturday AND Sunday in limbo, and if there is anything else he hates, it is uncertainty.
Dbil called back, looks like Sunday it is.
DH is -- grrrr. How many parties does one person get???

I am -- * sigh * It'll be okay.

Y'all have been awfully quiet today. Guess everyone is running around busy busy busy. Maybe we're storing up for the winter. Ooohhh... don't you sometimes wish you could just hibernate???

Whew -- so glad your friends are okay, Kathryn!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”