Conga Line Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Conga Line Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm

I finished up that last round and had a lunch break. And need to get rolling again. I had to turn the heat back on once I sat down for awhile - I had turned it off in anticipation of leaving later. And after writing the notes earlier, I found I don't have any envelopes for them. :shock:

-refill meds container to take with me
-start pulling out what I need to pack :shock:
-email(s) regarding religious school
-scan letters and email
-scan info for dd and email to her
-locate my notes for RH address to congregation and start modifying for bulletin
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Now to get moving here - I need to:
    Strip bed and wash sheets, hang on line, bring in and remake bed
    Dishes
    Fold clothes from earlier in the week
    Erase footprints
    Take Netflix disc to mailbox
    S2Crocs
    Pack the last 3 boxes I have
    Get a handle on what to do with shed stuff
      This is the hard one. I am getting that jittery/angst feeling that I used to get when we sold our house. I'm almost paralyzed because there are so many decisions. I just have to walk away and do something else or read or play Spider to get "unjangled". Does anyone else get that way or am I just weird?
Off to do something even if it is wrong. :roll: :mrgreen: :roll:
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi, Everyone....it's a bit chilly here, for us anyway. Outside temp is 62* and inside is up to 72*! That's a little cooler than we usually keep it with a/c, but great for sleeping.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OKAY! Have a wonderful day!

Happy Anniversary Lucylee and Dh! Happy Birthday Lucy's DS! So sorry I wasn't here earlier this week to pass along these greetings.

I've not been sitting here playing on computer much this week, even though it's been on. Tuesday and Wed. dh had dr. appts. He had to carry papers re surgery to show drs. I didn't go with him on Tue, but Wed. early ddil#2 called to ask if we could pick up dgd16 from school as she didn't feel well. So we made this our errand day. So after the trip to take her home we went on the dr. office. which didn't take too long. The appt was only a blood test to check INR and they made copies of the papers. Our next stop was the drug store to pick up med. refills, then on to W-M for some much needed groceries. We also got a filter for the Pur water filter on kitchen spigot and a filter for the coffee pot; (the clean me button light is on).

With all that rain in Florida over this past week they kept predicting that our area would get 2 to 4 inches. We were lucky if we got 1/2 inch! It all stayed south of the Bay area.

I skimmed posts from the last few day quickly. I see lots of moving plans and preparations going on. And lots of decluttering happening. I'm doing some of the cleaning out in anticipation of the holidays here too.

Daily and weekly cards are done except for vacuuming living room, dining room and hallway. Time to get a bite of lunch; toast with banana slices on it.

Waving hello to Harriet, Bittersweet, Lilac, Twins' Mom, Dee, BookSaver, MT, Nancy, Harmony, Sadie, Norma and Elizabeth.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:24 pm

OKay, if it started hurting immediately, I see no reason to believe you did something to cause it. When our dr's office takes blood, we never have pain or so much as dot of bruising, but when I went to LabCorp a couple months ago, (I believe I may have even mentioned here) it was painful and the bruising got as large as the shape of a small egg by next day - no lump, though.

Oops, dd called from school. bbl

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm with you on the indecision, MT. My kids have been away now for two months and I haven't done the first thing to make the playroom my "mom cave." Too much stuff and too many decisions!

I can't believe how little I got done. Scanning and sending an email shouldn't take long.

This time:
-get started with packing
-decide whether to take my backpack or computer bag as carry on, and whether to take my laptop (thinking I'll only take the iPad... but maybe use the computer bag because of its nice pockets and shoulder strap.
-send two more temple related emails
-reboot laundry (this is last load into the dryer)
-put away a basket of laundry, pulling out what needs to be packed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:22 pm

I am making excellent progress. Have pulled out most of what I need to pack. When I leave here later, I need to stop at Goodwill for drop off, at Walmart for sunscreen and snacks, go by the temple to sign documents and get envelopes, and then to dh's office at 5:30.

Going to do another round of packing and straightening upstairs. I was thinking I'd have to do some personal grooming/hair removal tomorrow a.m. but I probably have time this afternoon.

AAAckkkk! I still need to do bulletin info and letters! Timer going again!

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Twins - you are doing great! YGG!

MT - You are the least weird person I know. :) I struggle with so many back-to-back decisions when going through stuff and have to walk away frequently. I've learned it helps me to group the stuff into similar categories before making the decisions. Somehow making a bunch of decisions about similar types of items seem easier for my mind then doing a slew of hodge-podge decisions.

The sun is shining, the breeze is mild and the birds are singing. So I decided this was a perfect opportunity to kick back and relax outside in the shade I tried....I really really did. My plan was to take a cup of coffee outside and sit in the shade and JUST BE. After about 30 seconds of that, I was antsy and wanted to get up. I have a garden design forming and I wanted to try it out (putting one row of blocks where I think I want the new border to be). *PHOOEY* on forcing myself to sit still - I gave myself permission to get up and get busy again. Soooooooo much for that brief thought of sitting around and doing nothing! :shock: :lol:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Yikes, two letters done and now to work on writing for bulletin.

3:30 - okay, I did some editing and sent that off. I had some other thoughts for the bulletin but I've just run out of time.

Going to get the timer going again:

-pull what I need out of dryer
-finish packing
-straighten up kitchen from the stuff that came out of the car, and what I pulled out while writing

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:30 pm

I am heading out the door!

Bye!

Dove

Postby Dove » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:34 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to OKay! :)

Enjoyed the Carmen M video -- I think her top was completely made up of jewelry! So sparkly :) .

I'm wiped out. Have been running errands today & planned on going out again after lunch for the last two but that hasn't happened yet. May still head out in a few minutes as they are important but won't take long. Picked up groceries, too, & was pleased to find markdowns on some ground beef & a huge roast that I can cut in half & freeze.

Placed two catalog orders (feels good to have started thinking about Christmas) & wanted to warn everyone to double check your math with these places. I write everything up ahead of time but if an item is on backorder it changes the total I had written down. One place charged a "lost in transit fee" & the other, where I had free shipping, still charged a processing fee. A year or two ago there was $5.00 added to my total for rush shipping that I had not asked for. I wonder how much money these companies make on an extra dollar or two per transaction if customers don't catch the increase?

Think I'll run those errands now so I can relax after dinner & not have to deal with weekend crowds tomorrow. Waving ~~~~~ to everyone, & hope all who who were having a bad day yesterday are having a good day today.

Return to “Post When You Can”