Conga Line Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Dove

Re: Conga Line Friday

Postby Dove » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:36 pm

I see Indi's light on :D ! We've missed you so much around here. Glad that you are feeling better! ((Hugs))

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Vension backstap on to cook (with spices, onions and peppers). It will be wonderful, If it taste 1/2 as good as it smells.

Cord for an old laptop came in the mail so the process to bring it up-to-date has begun. Wish it didn't take hours and hours to do this process, but I'm thankful it only needs to be monitored and not totally hands-on during that time.

I just remembered.....we are going out to eat tonight. :shock: I shouldn't have cooked. :roll:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Birthday child (very calm, quiet girl) and Mom called to ask if we could change up the arrival/pickup and they ended up coming here. No big deal, they've been here several times. In the meantime, dd called from school and I ended up picking her up early anyway. So she had time to wash her hair even before they arrived. We didn't get to have a long visit, but I did enjoy it. The Mom wore her costume for the party so I could see it, and she looked pretty amazing, lol. She had sewed 4-inch squares of varied contrasting solid-color fabrics together including satins and made it into a simple skirt on the diagonal so that the hem was in points.

Sunny, I agree that dr appts, etc can take up so much time. I remember my mother saying about appts that she'd gotten so she could only do one thing a day if that one thing involved a doctor! It would just become mentally draining and time consuming, and I am starting to feel the same way. Even today I got a confusing letter in the mail about bloodwork in which the letter above doesn't seem to match the table of information below on the same page, and of course it would be Friday afternoon when I have a question! I've put in much too much time trying to understand it. ugh.

It's nice to hear that Elizabeth and BookSaver pop in here to calm down between various harder parts of the day! Yes, a calm, cool village!

Grocery shopping has been done, tag-teaming. Beef stew, large pot is ready for a cool-evening supper.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:27 pm

It is 330 in my part of the world. Tonight I have to leave at 500, not much later. I am going to pick up DD's favorite friend, feed them, and take them to a function at the library. While they are there (2.5 hours), I will be at XDH's house working on my accounts. Fun, fun. Then pick up some milk so they can have cereal tomorrow. Then pick up the two kids and feed them snacks, get their teeth brushed and put them to bed (friend is spending the night). Very busy Friday night! Meanwhile, I will continue to proof this 357 page document.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:32 pm

:D :D :D Happy birthday, OKay!!! :D :D :D

I'm just rushing through the village on my way to the next must-do...

Y'all have a good evening!
Tomorrow is another day.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Now to get moving here - I need to:
    Strip bed and wash sheets, hang on line, take down and remake bed
    Dishes

Fold clothes from earlier in the week
    Erase footprints
    Take Netflix disc to mailbox
    S2Crocs

Pack the last 3 boxes I have - decided to wait until I get more boxes so I have a choice on sizes
    Get a handle on what to do with shed stuff

Did pretty good for today - at least we have a clean bed to sleep in. I'll work on folding the clothes later.

I do have a plan for the shed. I'm going to use sheets and place mats around the crock pots and haul them in the big coolers. That should protect them and will get the coolers where we need them at the same time.

Time for a siesta!!
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:43 pm

I take Jake out for walks now. I can't drive or eat, talk and breathe at the same time yet though.

Happy birthday OKay.

OKay close your eyes. We will have frost tonight so I'm doing a happy dance.

My goal is to go down for brunch on Sunday.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Indiana, I hope your small area there has a frost so hard the lizards shiver, frogs pull up an extra moss-blanket, bulbs close up tight, and cicadas check their perpetual calendars and decide to wait an extra year to come back. I hope the mold count goes so low it's in negative numbers. I hope the clouds form at dawn and keep the grass crackling underfoot while Jack Frost has a gallery showing on your living room window until noon.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Indiana, so good to see a post from you. Just keep taking care and getting better! We've missed you!

Talked to DD earlier -she's walking with a team from her school for breast cancer tomorrow. DGD13 was SUPPOSED to walk with her, but she lost her weekend pass AGAIN! :roll: She only has about 2 1/2 weeks to go but can't seem to hold it together long enough to count. Only know dd will not tolerate this kind of behavior once she comes home. Unfortunately she has grown a few inches and gained 35 lbs since she went into this facility in March. So where she may have not been physical before, she is now that she's bigger. She only weighed 72 lbs when she went in and was very tiny. They told dd that it seems to be BEFORE her meds kick in that she really acts out. This time she leaped over a nurse's desk, kicked dirty laundry all over, etc. Guess they tried to put her in isolation and she kicked a staff member. Oh my! I'm sure if this kind of behavior even begins to show itself at home she will be back in some program pronto. My feeling is it may not happen at home, but what's going to happen when she's in school.

DS-R plans to come spend tomorrow night in their 5th Wheel. He does plan on coming next weekend. I'm not sure what he'll end up doing -sure it'll depend a lot on the weather.

Going to get ready for bed. Have the heat cranked tonight.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:08 pm

This morning I got the back of the house realtor ready. We had some errands and the front part of the house is good I swept & mopped did the bathroom, I did not vacuum yet, also the dining room table needs to be clear off so I can change the table cloth.

H. is working on filling up the 2nd kitchen trash bag of stuff from the shredder so he's making good progress on that this week. He also got a hook that has needed to be reattatched in the coat closet for a long time. I'm happy that it is usable now! Yea for progress. :mrgreen:

Dinner was great the chili I made yesterday was a hit, I was missing one ingredient so I got that today. Found spices on sale and got a few I needed glad to find 'em!

Got a small bike pedal thingie that you can use while sitting on a chair it's had a lot of wear
but great for upstairs so I can stash it out of the way or for the camper but I would like a sturdier one. The ex. bike gives me a better work out that's for sure.

We used our rewards points for lunch from a CC one of the accounts we decided not to keep using so will not be getting any more of those now I suppose.

to look and see if I have any orange flavoring for the prune orange muffin flavor before I buy any, I want to try that for a flavor in cookies next.

Food is put away and the kitchen looks good yea for success!

It's supposed to rain off and on tomorrow dgson has another flag fball game.
I returned the library books and dropped off an armload of donations at the thrift shop.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”