SOOTHING SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Emptynester

Re: SOOTHING SUNDAY

Postby Emptynester » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:23 pm

OKay - LO sounds like my DGD#1. She is now playing in the marching band at one of the bigger state universities in IL. She loves the drums. She has a T-shirt that says, "Drum Line - - 'nuff said"

I have been working reverse 45/15's. I pack boxes for 15 minutes and then come into the AC for 45 minutes. I only have 3 small upper cabinets and under the dinette benches. I'm also leaving the bathroom vanity until the last thing as we take showers over there.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:10 pm

I did 15 mins of exercise. HRH asked for cornbread but I couldn't make it because we were out of butter!!!! Dd and I dashed out and picked up a few things - story of my life. HRH made stewed potatoes while we were gone and I'll make cornbread tomorrow.

OKay, I love garden planning. Have you considered graph paper? ducking and running

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks for clarification, Kathryn... although I guess climbing a tall tv antenna tower IS strenuous exercise, it's probably not the safest exercise one could indulge in for pleasure, right?

This has been some kind of day around here... :roll:
The party was okay, but dh would still like to have been able to have stayed at home.
No sooner had we gotten back home and changed clothes again, but dmil called to report that home health nurse via phone recommended that dfil go to hospital for insulin IV. Shots were not bringing his blood sugar down at all, in fact it was rising. It had gone from 420 to 460 to 490 over the course of a couple hours @ lunch, and he had been given 12 units insulin.
Well... by the time we got over there, the ambulance was there (remember, he cannot be transported by car at this point, can't manage transfer from wheelchair to car seat) but BS had dropped to 300-something. With no other abnormal symptoms, EMTs felt he would be fine to remain at home, and dmil was very grateful for the second opinion. * So were we! * Whew *

Back home, and very little to report in the way of ta-da's, but I am making progress:
Talked to dparents on phone
Posted lesson plans
Reconciled bank statement/checkbook
Did two loads of laundry

I'll try not to think about all the stuff I did NOT do.
Tomorrow is another day.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:32 am

lucylee wrote:I'll try not to think about all the stuff I did NOT do.

AMEN, lucylee!!!!!!

I did get my round done before taking Zsa-Zsa to the pet store. She seemed quite confused and nervous about it all, but I'll stop in every day for the next few to see how she's doing. If she doesn't adjust well, then I'll bring her back home, and we'll have to find another option. If she does alright, then I'll only visit a couple of times a week.The store has my phone numbers in case there's any kind of problem and I need to come get her.

After that, I stopped for a few minutes at home, then headed off to dMum's. There I helped do some last minute garden work, changed a couple of light bulbs, helped her change the bed, and then we looked at some pictures my aunt had sent, and chatted for an hour or so.

Back home, I had leftover Chinese for supper, watched Masterpiece Theatre, and then got four...count 'em...four loads of laundry folded and put away.

Oh...wonder of wonders...when I got home from dMum's, I found out that DH had managed to bestir himself to wash the dishes and do a load of laundry!! :o

Now it's 10:30, and I should give some serious thought to going to bed...6am comes much too early.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Post When You Can”