Move It Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Move It Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 pm

I've also been thinking that a lovely smell around my desk area might make me more inclined to keep these surfaces neat. Lavender for calm, maybe?

One more TaDa for the day in getting an online order completed - have been meaning to do this for a while. A denim jacket I had been eyeing for a month and got an email offering 30 percent off my largest item. So I got the jacket and also a top in a blue.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Harmony and Harriet, I have told dd2 that if she goes back to work, that she will need a cleaning lady, because if she can't take care of the house at home with 5 kids, she sure won't be able to and work. She had planned to get the house in order after I left. I will be curious to see if she did. When I have helped her get the house ready for company it always looks so nice and she will say, I really love this house when it looks like this. Well then keep it that way! She thinks that the reason she moves so much, is that her xdh had them moving a lot and she just got used to that. Uggh!

Dd2 called earlier this evening and their closing date is definitely Nov. 10. They have to close first, so that the people they are buying from can then buy the house they are buying and the people they buying from, can buy their house. In other words, 2 other house closings are depending on theirs. Now dd2 says they really have to go through with it because of how many people it affects. As much as she loves the new house, I think with the amount of work involved, she would forget it if she could. I just know that if she isn't happy there, that is just too bad. If I ever hear her mention moving again, I will remember what she told me and suggest to her dh that she get counseling. Anyway tomorrow I need to get a fire lit under her or she won't be ready to move in 17 days.

We are Corvetteless as dh now says. He came home early and we went to the carwash and washed and chamoised it before they arrived. He wrote us a check. I think dh was stunned. I was relieved but I hate that dh feels sad about it. We had had it for 6 1/2 years. We didn't realize it was that long until we looked at the title. We had only put 1000 miles on it. Dh did admit that he had too big of a garage filled with too many toys and tools.

I am hoping that Kathryn has experienced some pain relief.

Well I better head to bed.............

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:01 am

VERY SKIPPABLE RANT... After reading this, y'all can just imagine how I sounded in my message to the K*rby people last night. :oops:
Frustrating night. No major problems... just little irritations.

Visited dparents... they are both in a bad humor. Dmom is really no better at all re: the sitting/standing problem. Second disc is going to have to be repaired eventually -- I mean, it has been six weeks, and the shooting "electric shock" type pain that went all through her legs when she bent over is gone. B...u...t... really no change in the pain she experiences when sitting/standing for any length of time. This is very depressing and frustrating to her, of course, and ddad, and me...

Compound this w/ddad, who generally gets frustrated when any of his orbs are out of their orbits, and who apparently is worrying himself to death re: his own possibility of chemotherapy... * sheesh * DOUBLE SHEESH *
Yeah. It's depressing out there. Both are VERY concerned that ddad will need chemo BEFORE dmom has full relief from back problems. * sheesh *

I do realize ddad's problem has the possibility of becoming very serious. OTOH, as I told him, the possibility of him being killed in a wreck is MUCH greater than the possibility of him needing chemotherapy. My philosophy is that this has been going on now for quite some time, and as I told him -- all they do is take his blood & his insurance company's money, and send him home to worry every two months.
Yes... the problem is developing -- his blood counts are worse, generally; they are definitely not improving over time. The problem is not going away. When it first started, they saw him every six months, then every three, now every two... BUT... they don't tell him anything different. "Come back, if this continues to trend downward, chemo IS a possibility." It has been this way for YEARS now. * sigh *
And he and dmom just seem resigned to the fact that the chemo is a certainty, it's just a matter of time.
AND -- if he were to need that sort of treatment before dmom was able to be his #1 caretaker/accompanist/etc...
Oh. My.
Yes... yes... then I definitely WOULD be in a panic. But so far, this is really something that I can take Scarlet's viewpoint and choose not to think about it now.

Ddad did say that it is not something he is just dwelling on constantly; that he really hadn't thought about it at all today until something re: dmom's health came up while I was talking to them, and then -- whew -- Katie bar the door.

Home again -- one slight ta-da -- I exercised 20 minutes.

Then...
Stupid thing #1 -- I really REALLY needed to do some school stuff tonight @ home. Left the papers I needed @ school.
Stupid thing #2 -- I checked my school e-mail and it was a long drawn out thing about differentiating instruction and all this !@#$+()*^@#$)(&* that makes me think... hmmm... still got till Monday to fill out those retirement papers. :roll:
* TRIPLE SHEESH *
The thing is, I know that when it's all said and done, classes will continue basically as they generally have. Teachers who love all that wild group work and technology stuff will do it, and teachers like me, who need a more structured, traditional classroom, will do that... and we'll all carry on. I just hate all the hooey that accompanies this sort of thing.

Email said our school ACT scores are below state avg and state avg is below national avg and we can do better.
And I'm sure we can... but we might need to start holding students responsible for some things again... do away with this "no zero" policy for starters, and demand some accountability from students.

Sheesh. I'm just really getting on a soapbox tonight.
I don't blame any of you if you skipped this whole thing. Aunt Flo is on her way (next week)... maybe that's what has me riled up.

(((Lilac))) and (((Mr. Lilac))) who may suffer Corvette-withdrawal tonight.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:09 am

I got a new kind of cookie dough made up and in the freezer orange prune.
Also after giving the kitchen a spiff got a load of dishes through, laundry is done,
sheets are back on the bed and I read a chapter. Winding down now after a pretty busy day here.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:15 am

(((lucylee)))

Had to lol at lucylees comment on Corvette withdrawal because he told his friend from work that he hoped he didn't wake up in the middle of the night and cry. :(

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 am

Lilac -- I was thinking it was a pity there's not some small, quiet motor you could wrap in a towel for him -- you know, like you're supposed to wrap a ticking clock when a puppy is separated from its mother?

Thanks for the hugs... I can really use them tonight. After all those rose-covered bricks that kept falling on my head last week... * sigh * This e-mail sorta felt like another load of (rough!) bricks and maybe the whole wheelbarrow, too. :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”