Move It Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Move It Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes EN I did see your post yesterday that's what I was referring to.

:mrgreen: Laundry is to re-booted.
:mrgreen: Vacuuming is done yea!
:mrgreen: H. is loading dishes in the dish washer
:mrgreen: I worked a bit on the table.
:mrgreen: Sweep steps to basement done

Making progress on my list feels great!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:14 pm

(Harriet) sounds like you are having a difficult day.

I have a BIG tada to report:
I tackled my desk, all those files that are omm projects, forms, etc., that I've been procrastinating about. 4 niggly things taken care of that have been that "itch that I can't scratch" for so long..... some since July ....... and now the mailbox is full again...

and my mind is again empty... which in this case is a good thing!

Going off for lunch/breakfast as I've missed mine too.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm better off here.
More honestly, :oops: I'm banished. I have not been "reacting appropriately to the situation" and HRH has given me a plate of food out of sight of the front of the house, to "change the dynamics". I think if I were on SuperNanny I would be in a time-out, pouting on one of those little red seats.

Let's see - chatting about OMM (on my mind)

I have been able to accomplish a couple OMMs in the last few days that definitely helped.

How do you define OMMs that are actually reminders to nag others to do something? :D I have several of those.

Harmony, I think it is wonderful your mind is so blank! :D I know the effort it requires to have nothing between your ears and enjoy life for a few seconds before something else pops in there. Good job.

Frustration at discovering a really nice little planner for 2010 as I worked with papers from just before that year. Aw, shoot! I meant to give that or use it, but it was small and the paper tiger kidnapped it. One of the things we do find as we fight the paper tiger is waste, of one kind or another. I think it is more a possibility when the paper tiger gets away from us than almost any other kind of disorganization.

A small table is now showing its surface. Its drawers are holding things I mean for them to hold now. It is only a couple feet high and I'm thinking it could scoot under my computer desk to give more floor space.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:57 pm

ahem
<fanfare of trumpets>
I have a water heater :!:
Now I'm waiting for it to produce hot water.

In the meantime, I have been released from the tyranny of phone tag to go outside and run a few errands.
I need to check 1 thing online before I go, then
1) post office to mail payments
2) ATM to deposit paycheck
3) ATM to withdraw cash
4) McD's for a happy meal burger and to try their new peppermint hot chocolate. It isn't really cold enough here today to need hot chocolate, but it sounds like a celebratory beverage ...

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Booksaver: You have waited for that water heater with much restraint and patience. Had it been me, I'd have been here, whining, everyday. Good job! Enjoy that first, hot, shower, because you deserve every second of pleasure it gives you.

Harriet: You could hang onto the calendar until 2021 and reuse it then!

I'm making some progress on church emails. A number of things dropped into my lap. It occurs to me it is Monday, thus the minister's Sabbath. Hmmmmm. I guess people are coming to me instead of the minister, a good thing, I suppose.

The biggest issue is the fall book study. She's chosen what appears (from the frantic phone call I got) to be a university level book. "That's ok for you because you are studying to be a preacher but I just can't make myself read this stuff." Since I don't have a copy of the book yet (because I wasn't in church on Sunday), I did go over the alternate reading she sent via email for those doing the on-line version. The first paragraph turned me off and a quick run through a number of reading-level analyzers show that one needs between 12 and 17 years of school to easily understand it. Hmmmmm, I'm taught to preach to grade 8 level.

I wrote an email pointing this out to the minister and letting her know that she may have to ask for feedback after the first day of the program to see if she's meeting the expectations of the group. As I pointed out, I join a group like that to expand my viewpoint, not to expand my viewpoint, reading level, and theology (this is radically feminist theological viewpoints.) Especially not in the time leading up to Christmas when I'm busy with that and fighting SAD. November is a time to introduce something light and supportive, not heavy and disruptive.

I ran the wording of my email by dh before sending it. I don't want to upset her but I'm trying to prepare her for blow-back. Her sermons are written at an appropriate level, but all of the book studies have been challenging.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:37 pm

A screeching halt has come to the box packing by getting the mail and having a really, really thick packet of papers from the Title Company that I have to read, understand?? and sign and get back to them by close of business today.

I have also given the Realtor a call that we are ready to close when they are. She came back to me with a offer to buy the propane tank connected to the house (I would have thought it was part of the deal) and again, they accepted my low ball offer. :roll: Makes me think I should have offered even less.

Found out I have to have home owner's insurance before we close so have make several phone calls for that. Plus the calls to the propane company to find out about the tank.

I have sent DH off to pick up more boxes - I don't need too many more for the 5th wheel but I do for the sheds.

I think this is fun - I'm not sure yet. I need to sit back a minute and let the mind go blank.

I'm giving up about doing laundry today - I've got enough clothes - I'll do it tomorrow.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Very skippable rant.

I have just gotten home from disorganizedd2 house. I went over to help pack and it was a wreck. Why was I not surprised? She has no control over those kids and they all make messes. I have repeatedly helped her get it cleaned up and the next thing you know it is wrecked. The sink was piled with dishes and no one can pile more dishes in a sink than her. There were dirty clothes everywhere. How does she ever think that we are going to pack in that mess? I just came home. She has packed nothing since we packed the bookcase on Friday. I realize she has 5 kids but... She mentioned for the umpteenth time that she didn't know what she was thinking of when she started looking at houses. Well duh, I tried to tell her that and even hurt her feelings when I asked her if she would ever be happy with any house. She swears that she will be better in the next house. I'll have her know that no one is holding their breath on that. I have always been such a clean freak that I guess I ruined my dds because of that. They neither one believe in deep cleaning. Well after awhile it builds up and routine cleaning just isn't enough. I was looking around at all the deep cleaning that will need done when they get out. But I would have ended up doing it whether I bought the house or she sold it to someone else. So I guess I will benefit from all the work that it will take.

I swear that sometimes I wonder who raised those girls. At dd2 house there are clothes everywhere as I mentioned. That never happened while she was growing up. When you took a bath, shower or changed your clothes, the dirty ones went into the dirty clothes. The other day in the basement, I didn't know where the clean started and the dirty ended. She was out of laundry soap and it was extra piled up.

Well to the cusp of my rant. Dd1 had mentioned to me that the only negative that she sees in us buying the house, is that dd2 kids will feel so comfortable there that they will try to treat it as they did when they lived there. Well I have news for them, grandma and grandpas rules are moving with us. The #1 and most important rule is absolutely no eating or drinking on the carpet, period. #2 rule is wash your hands when you are done eating. Those kids are so rough on stuff be it walls, furniture, etc. Everyone keeps saying that I need to get one of my hutches out of the dining room before I show it. Well I am not sending one of my hutches to live with them, when I am not there to protect it. I realize it is just furniture but it's about 50 years old and has been well taken care of. I shudder to think what they would do to it. This falls under sometimes I wonder how good an idea this really was but I really like the house and floor plan.

end of rant......

Dh just called and one of the guys that is interested in the vette is coming over to see it and bringing his wife and may be here before dh gets home. Guess I better make sure the house is presentable. That after harping on dd2 housecleaning. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Busy place!

Giving a HUGE SHOUT-OUT to Harmony!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!! All those OMM done?!?!? That is not only awesome, but just down right amazing! YGG!

Booksaver - I'm doing a dance of happiness for you! Hot water heaters never appreciated enough (until we have to do without one!). :lol: I'm thrilled you have a new one installed and hopefully will provide you many years of happy use.

DH had a oral surgery this morning (jaw tooth pulled). He opted to go to the "painless surgeon". They certainly did deliver on their promise of NO pain. DH was sooooo drugged that it took 2 people to help him into the car.....an hour after he had the procedure done!! Once in the car, he immediately went back to sleep. I stopped on the way home and picked up prescription for pain meds and gave them to him before we left town (as instructed by doc). The drive through pharmacy I stopped at wanted to see DH ID (controlled drug). DH head was wrapped up in ice pack and he was snoozing......there was no way I was going to move him to get his billfold/id from his back pocket! I pointed to DH passed out next to me and asked if I could give them my ID instead - they called the pharmacist over to the drive-up window and he okay'd it. (we have known him since he was a baby) ***PHEW** By the time we arrived home, DH was aware enough to walk into the house by hanging onto my shoulder. However, I don't think he was aware when he got into bed or when i changed the ice pack. He DEFINITELY got his wish for no pain :lol:

45 cards completed so far today. I'm looking forward to getting back on schedule now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:56 pm

I finished with church emails. I think I'm done for a day or two. At least I hope I am!

Next challenge will be yesterday's ironing. Actually, it is several weeks of ironing. There isn't as much now that we've moved into sweater season around here.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:40 pm

I survived my weekend with DD! Keep moving is the secret, keep her entertained. I have a working ATM card for the first time in 8 years. To simplify life, I am recycling an old Halloween costume, I will be a belly dancer again. I caught up on my bills and Quicken.

Someone should have told my car it was Move It Monday. Car thought it was Stay Put Sunday. One new (under warranty) battery later, it moves along nicely. But that took way longer than I thought possible. It died right outside my financial advisors office, so at least I got tea and sympathy while waiting for AAA.

I need to move it tonight crisis cleaning for Halloween. The party is Saturday, YIKES!!!

Return to “Post When You Can”