Move It Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Move It Monday

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 am

I thought of this title in a motivational sense, you know, "Move it, move it, hup two three four, etc..." b/c I've definitely got to get moving this morning -- but I guess it fits pretty literally for several of our villagers.

If you're not moving into a new home, you can probably find some things that need moving within your present home. I know I can. Some piles of magazines and papers that just need to be moved to the trash... myself that needs to be moved behind the vacuum cleaner... and moved back into an exercise routine...

6:00 a.m. certainly DOES come quickly, bsweet. Truer words have ne'er been spoken.

I need to move to the shower. Hope y'all have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

Emptynester

Re: Move It Monday

Postby Emptynester » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:06 am

I really need to "Move IT" today. I'm up early and feeling great after a full night's sleep. I don't remember waking up at all during the night.

I do best if I tell you all what I need to do today and then mark them off as I do them. So here goes:
    :arrow: Fill meds container for the week
    :arrow: Breakfast, meds and S2Crocs
    :arrow: Pack 4 boxes
    :arrow: Throw away the minutia left from packing
    :arrow: Start in bedroom closet and vacuum the 5th wheel
    :arrow: Wipe out drawers and cupboards
    :arrow: Wash and hang out a load of clothes
    :arrow: Collapse in a heap
It is forecast for 89 here today which means about 94 - so I have to make sure I am hydrated all day.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:38 am

I moved it on the treadmill this morning. But haven't been moving much since then. Still have to eat breakfast.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 am

That phrase always makes me think of Sargent Vince Carter, lucylee. That kind of absolute, no-excuses insistence on getting on with the business of the day, and fully expecting a line of soldiers to double-time it NOW. :)

bittersweet, I hope Zsa Zsa sits pretty and purrs just at the right moment to signal potential family that she is perfect for them.

lucylee, I hope dfil continues to progress today, and so glad hospital was avoided.

My continued emphasis will be on filing/clearing today. Using the bed surface was helpful yesterday as I really needed a lot of space to sort. So I'll try that again today.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:04 am

I finally managed to move myself out of my bed at 7am instead of 6am. Fortunately, I did the litter boxes later than usual yesterday, so this morning I can do a quick clean - just scoop the poops instead of cleaning all the litter (we use pine pellet litter, so wet pellets just turn into sawdust). Then I need to get dressed, grab some food, and get out the door to work.

Yesterday, I found out that Dbro and Dsil will be coming over from England in just less than two weeks. While it will be great to see them (they haven't been over in six years), the reason for their trip isn't so great - Dsil's mom is very ill :(

I'm going to move it and get things done...don't really want to move it to work today - after the nightmare that was Saturday, I'm rather apprehensive about what I'll find - one co-worker had a complete meltdown (the second in three days, with a minor meltdown on the in-between day), and another co-worker had a minor meltdown - both declaring that they wouldn't be back on Monday :roll:
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 am

bittersweet, that sounds like a very stressful place where you work. Will your dbro & dsisil be staying with you?

Lucylee, glad to read your dfil didn't have to go to hospital. Hope all that insulin didn't kick in later and cause problems.

LOL Harriet, yes, picturing Sgt Carter with his head on a tilt as he stomps alongside shouting...

I have moved stuff around in one cabinet to make room for something else which has been sitting out in my kitchen. Also moved the recycle bin back inside, they always come so early. Moved myself outa bed first and that is always the biggest move it of the day for me!

Cleaned out my inbox (email) and sent a couple. Had to put several chores on calendar. Schedule is filling up!

Yikes, I forgot MT, packing diligently out there in all that heat. When does your weather turn cooler?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:38 am

What an inspiring thread topic for today! Moving laundry out of the linen closet down stairs after sorting is my goal today.

Got up and moved in to s2s mode here and glad that's behind me!
Weighed about the same this week.

Just got off the phone dd called and I have granny duty this afternoon.
No flag football game this weekend but week after next is a double header.

Coffee is brewing having it black today; bs # is excellent today yea!
Weather is pretty good here so that helps. 8-)

Journaling is next up I think. And then I need to work on the groc. list & menus for this week. Also clearing off the table & change table cloth.
:idea:
ex. bike is a good addition for me as some days my foot / ankle hurts and I can still get in some cardio!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:50 am

I have my cleaning apron on and my timer in my pocket set to 10's. I'm not up to 15's today. It is almost lunch and I don't have a lot to show for the day but I did get our bathroom cleaned and laundry from yesterday put away. Plus a few more odds and sods put where they belonged.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:50 am

Nancy: Did you see my post yesterday about church and TV?

OK - CI time

So here goes:
    :mrgreen: Fill meds container for the week
    :mrgreen: Breakfast, meds and S2Crocs
    :mrgreen: Pack 4 boxes
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And still going -
    :mrgreen: Wrote HOA check for electric and took it to the mailbox
    :arrow: Throw away the minutia left from packing
    :arrow: Start in bedroom closet and vacuum the 5th wheel
    :arrow: Wipe out drawers and cupboards
    :arrow: Wash and hang out a load of clothes
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:31 pm

(bittersweet)

I've had a meltdown at my job, too. Thank heaven HRH had come home. I've still had nothing for breakfast at 12:something I don't think - can't remember anything, anyway.

On another front, I did get a lot of filing done and papers sorted/tossed and he cleaned and backed-up my computer. But things happened while our attention was there, so this day has become a definite net loss.

I will live after all - HRH is making me a breakfast.

got a little smile out of me, anyway, Emptynester
I need an entire Abbot and Costello.

Return to “Post When You Can”