Move It Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Move It Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Elizabeth I love your costume idea!
Pant pant pant back from a short walk.

We had a showing w/ out much notice only 45 min.
I had cookies in the oven and granny duty they said they do not care if we are here; they had
six kids with them ~ so we scrambled bed was torn apart with sheets in the wash so h. had a great idea we just put the top cover and pillows on it so it "looked" made stuffed one of the thin blankets under the bed.

I did not get the table cloth changed. H. tried to get the deck staged but did not have time.
SO glad I'd been doing the stuff we did vacuuming, dump trash, swept steps etc. so it looks good.

H. commented that he did not think our house was big enough I tend to agree.
I was just thinking that it was a bit too boring around here when I got up so that's
been changed! LOL! :lol: I sent a plate of cookies with them {they showed up in a Winnabego.} I have more cookie dough thawing the dough balls :idea: that were frozen are all used up now. Were from Utah one of the girls close to our #1dgd's age.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm moving but ever so slowly today.

Yesterday was good for me but tough on me.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:00 pm

Thank you for nice words!

Lilac, it sounds like your DD needs someone to come in weekly to help clean. And I don't mean you. Paid help. I had a thought, does your DD move so much because the messy house is dissatisfying to her? I remembering a time when I wanted to go out and shop more, but realized once I had the house all cleaned up I no longer wanted to shop! There's a calmness and contentment that comes from a clean organized house, don't you think?

Too bad about the car, Elizabeth. Three cheers for AAA.

OKay, is your Dh that sensitive to mouth pain, or was it truly that bad a job? I hate dentists and I've never been that knocked out!

Kathryn, good luck with the new difficult book. Sounds like it'll take a lot of dedication. MT, good luck with the title package.

Harriet, you sound like you need a vacation. Or at least a calgon moment.

Oh, Indiana, I sure wish you'd be getting better quicker.

I dashed out to run my errands, 1 bank, 1 office which was closed (rats!) and a quick stop at library. I was having withdrawal symptoms because I was out of reading material. Got 3 books and 1 is old classic and already I couldn't make sense of the introduction. I can see this will be a slow read. Kathryn, you want to swap books?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Elizabeth, I think I remember you being a belly dancer for Halloween - is that possible!? Dd13 thoroughly enjoyed being Lily Munster at her Saturday party, carrying a single-stem Calla Lily around.

Ah, the invention of Warm Water!!!! Happy for BookSaver. So glad this happened now rather than winter, although you have had to wait an inappropriately long time.

I love "disorganizedd2". :lol:

Lilac, to get your dd from where she is now to where she needs to be ( especially if you had to come back home to get your bearings before tackling it ) and it is mostly housekeeping rather than organizing at this stage, what about temporarily hiring housekeeping help? I can assure you from my ddil's current situation that housekeeping services/folks are very receptive to one-time-cleaning jobs right now because of the economy, when normally they would be booked with regular clients and have to say "no". You could probably have your pick of experienced, bonded house cleaners grateful to have a temp job because of a move.

Dd31 called a little bit ago and said, "Tell me something happy, because I've had such a bad day." lol! Well, after the day I've had it took me a minute, lol. But I related several happy thoughts and she then told me all her work troubles. She is on a hiring committee with others who've decided in advance they want to hire a particular woman, and she is having to fight to get interviews for others, especially the men who have applied.

((Mr. OKay)) feel better ( alert-er ?) soon!

Oh, I see Harmony had a similar idea for Lilac, only continuing for the dd's new house.

Hi, Indiana!

Smart move about the bed, Nancy! Those cookies couldn't possibly hurt the sale possibility. And don't worry about the house not being as large as others - people are not always looking for bigger, but what is right for them in their circumstances.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:35 pm

(((Lilac))) As you said, at least you'll get to enjoy the fruits of your labor this way. If you were just helping her sell to someone else, you'd get nothing out of it at all. * sigh * I wonder if anyone's kids keep house like their parents. My house is pretty neat, but I definitely never get to the deep-cleaning standard that dmom set when I was growing up. Of course, neither did dmom once she started working outside the home. And ds is a far cry from me, IMHO. ;)

I must go to dparents' house and carry them milk, bread, and cereal tonight.

I'm waiting until after we eat supper.

Need to vacuum. Last night I sent a scathing (sp?) e-mail to the K*rby company, telling them just exactly what I thought about their heavy-handed tactics and how disappointed I was with the vacuum overall. It is just too cumbersome, too complicated to work -- takes much too much time to hook and unhook everything to switch from carpet to do anything else.

Well -- they wrote back * surprise surprise * and told me that although they could not buy back the product after this length of time (actually, you only get three days for a refund, and your request for refund has to be in writing & postmarked within
three days -- so that's ANOTHER strike against them. They leave your house late Monday night, for example, and apparently, by Thursday, you should have tried out your new product enough to know if you want to keep it or not.) -- BUT -- I digress -- although THEY cannot refund my $$, they did give me the phone # for a possible re-sale shop about an hour's drive away from me. So... I may get rid of this thing.

I was thinking of Sgt. Carter this morning, too. I need him over my shoulder right now.

I want to watch new show on A&E tonight, too -- Monster-in-Laws. It will come on after Hoarders. I really get hooked on all those crazy shows that make me think there are people out there crazier than me, LOL. Guess I'll have to tape it b/c there is no such thing as "quick trip" to dparents' house.
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Harriet: I am sure you do remember me as a belly dancer. I have done it several times. I actually wore the costume in a real belly dance show, so I am happy to get my moneys worth!

I am still proofreading an endless document. I am on the 4th page of corrections and on page 242 of 357. I have to stay late tonight. My adventures with the financial planning, car trouble, and FINALLY lunch ate up four hours. I am going to try to make some of that up, but there is not much left of the month to do so. I hate using vacation time for chores. At least I know what dinner is - leftover spaghetti and marinara sauce from Thursday. Then on to crisis cleaning. No time to mope tonight ;) .

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:27 pm

I've hurt my jaw. It has been acting weird since Friday, kind of clicking/squishing when I chewed. I had no idea why, best guess was that I had clenched during the night but I certainly didn't recall feeling as if that had happened.

I decided that I'd give it the weekend to heal and if it didn't show signs on improvement, then I'd phone the dentist. It did seem better today and was mostly fine yesterday, so I let things go until snacking on a piece of slightly stale french bread at 5:30. Crunch it went and now I have pain.

I've phoned and left a message with the dentist. I've got heat on it (fear/tension/pain cycle is setting in so I'm trying to short circuit the tension with heat.) I'm near tears, not from pain but fear, my music friend is on a multi-year waiting list for total jaw joint replacement and is in constant pain and can't open her mouth more than an inch on a good day (thus she can't have dental work done, brush her teeth properly, eat most foods, or even be intubated for surgery.) I don't want to be like her. Plus, talking is my business and if I can't project, I can't preach. Right now, talking makes it hurt more.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Kathryn, a relaxation technique for the jaw is to press the tip of the tongue behind the point at which the front teeth meet the roof of the mouth (the point at which you begin "n" words) with very light pressure. (The idea is supposed to be that it is a different motion using different muscle movement allows the teeth to be apart as the jaw relaxes. ??? ) Remember, injury to jaw muscles is common and notorious for improving over time. Prayers that you feel relief soon.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:02 pm

K in C I massage my jaw in a circular motion. You might consider getting a facial they help relax face & neck muscles, consider a beauty school for a better price.

Dinner is done & I'm back from the rest of my walk I saw 5 quail on my walk this evening.

I have granny duty tomorrow afternoon, I think I'll go over to dd's place as dd wanted my help with some house work before dgd's b.day party so that will be a good thing. I usually work on the floors in the front of the house, and fold laundry.

I understand more fully how a house has to be "right" for folks the ones that saw it before these it was too much house. So I'm not taking it personally about my house cleaning abilities or the home not being fully upgraded in our neighborhood that would be over the top anyway. But I did mention that we are in the best school dist. in town and close enough to the border use the small town up the road about 3 mi. if that was a preference. Then I just turned on the TV so the kids could watch cartoons while the adults looked at the home features. It was an advantage having a couple extra sets of eyes in this case I think.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi again everyone! I have done 15 min in the kitchen, 15 min in the LR, and 15 kitchen again. Now it is break time! Tea is steeping and I am cruising the internet. I hung my first picture, ever, in my life when I had 3 min left in the LR. Growing up with a father who is an interior designer, then being married to a photographer, I never needed to. I think I will light a candle for a nice smell. See you later or tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”