Wonderful & Awesome Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Emptynester

Re: Wonderful & Awesome Wednesday!

Postby Emptynester » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Just got a call from the Realtor who was at the Title Co. We go in for the signing TOMORROW!!! That means we will take possession of the new house sometime next week.

5th wheel is empty. I have detail cleaned most of the bedroom and bath. Wiped out all the drawers, got all the dust bunnies and all that.

I took pictures while it was all clean for the selling website and got those posted. Now I have to do the same to the kitchen and living room.

I'm not sure what to do about the broken window. Show it and say it will be fixed - or wait the approx. 2 weeks for it to be fixed before I take those pictures. I can close the drapes for the pictures, I guess.

So off I go for more cleaning. For a bit I thought I had packed my Windex - I was starting to panic because of all the mirrors and windows I have to clean yet. But it was in the shed.

TTFN

PS: Happy Anniversary to AF and her DH.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:22 pm

This morning went excellent. LO continues to listen & learn better each week. Home for lunch and a much needed cup of coffee. MMMmhhhhh!

I have one hour before leaving to pick up 3 teenagers. I feel the need for some quiet time so I'm filling up on that before I leave.....because you KNOW there will no quietness with 4 younsters! I like being busy - but crave quietness. I have a hard time thinking when there is continual incoming which needs to be monitored/responded to.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Granny duty has begun.
H. is going to grill smoked turkey for turkey day and dson is going to roast one also. ;)
I have the rest of the menu written down.
Did I forget anything? :arrow:
Sweet potatoes / yams :arrow: Wondering where I can get sweet potato fries froz. & ready to cook any suggestions?
Mashed potatoes & gravy packets
Rolls / corn bread stuffing / with sausage in it
Turkey & alumimun pan :arrow: dson's part
Deviled eggs / relish plate
Veggies / green peas froz. kind I think is what they like or stir fry.
cranberry sauce
orange salad or fruit salad
pie {s}/ cool whip
Beverages

Paper plates

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Now starting the SEVENTH page of modifications needed to the document I am proofing.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Choir went well except my jaw is making squishing sounds which distracted me. But it didn't hurt. I missed being able to eat the treats she puts out for us but I did have tea.

I'm starving so am having some soup now. Had a banana earlier and the noises were bothering me but I figured out I can push on the joint with my hand and the noise stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:10 pm

I just got another document to modify, with a higher priority.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 pm

:D :D :D Happy anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. Aflyer!!! :D :D :D

Kathryn, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!!! Hope the squishy sounds go away soon, too!

So excited for Mr. & Mrs. MT!!!

Waving to all -- I've had a pretty good day.
Y'all don't have to read all the rest of this if you don't want to... I guess I'm just rambling...
I know it IS good for me to stay busy, and I just keep thinking... next year... at 51, almost 52, will it be "safe" for my mental health to slow down and NOT have this external structure for me, and this safety net of "I really need to work, I shouldn't take off for _____"
OTOH... w/dh at 61 next year, almost 62, and myself able to retire w/31 years credit where he only had 25, is it fair to HIM that I keep tying up our lives with this "safety net" that leaves me exhausted and stressed out much of the time?
DH said last night, when I asked him what he REALLY wanted: "I just want you to be happy."
I just wish sooooo much that he, or SOMEONE could tell me whether or not I will be happier retired.

I truly do enjoy teaching... but I truly do NOT enjoy all the c*r*a*p that comes from administration these days.
LOL... I asked my np editor today if she could tell I was getting crankier than I was since she had me for 9th grade three years ago. She laughed and said, "Ohhh yes... I think you'll be ready to retire by next year."
I told her I still enjoy teaching, and I enjoy all my students sooo much... BUT every time I open up an e-mail from administration, I either want to cuss or throw up!!!
* sigh *
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:09 pm

This other document that I am modifying. Who wrote this??? Oh, yeah, me. I wish I could remember what I was thinking in some places.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Dgd helped me clean out an acorn squash then I baked it up for our dinner.

One of the local saw mills was sold and they have laid off 250 people;
they have 60 days paid vacation.
The new owners are reconditioning and refurbishing the mill before it will begin hiring.

Kitchen spiff after dinner is complete now.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:56 pm

I wanted to wish A.Flyer and her dh Happy Anniversary!

Another nice day here in the southeast! I hear there is snow already in some parts of the country. I guess winter is on the way! Did anyone get to view the northern lights the night before last (Monday night)? I've always wanted to see them in person, not just pictures; we're too far south here, though.

Well, MT, your move is getting closer. I'm excited for you! It might be us in a couple of years.

LO is doing so well, OKay. He has such wonderful role models to look up to around him! Glad your dh is feeling better. How did your picnic turn out?

Dee, won't be too long now and you will be back to summertime-like weather!

Nancy, your Thanksgiving dinner menu sounds good!

Harriet, hope you're having a better day today.

Kathryn, good that you are feeling better.

Hi, Lucy. Remember to take one day at a time.

Hello to Lilac, Elizabeth and everyone...

I'm trying to finish up organizing the two desks I switched yesterday. I'm not putting back everything that was on them, so I'm either finding another place for it or getting rid of it!

Dh just asked if I would give him a haircut. He will not go to a barber...he says he doesn't have enough left to make it worth paying to have cut, so I can do it for free! :lol:
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”