TWINING THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: TWINING THURSDAY

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:09 pm

So good to hear from Indiana... and sending lots of "feel better soon" wishes & (((BIG HUGS))).
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Kitchen is cleaned up.

Dh and I practiced two anthems, Sunday's and a quartet one for Advent 1. Our practice tomorrow night will be for that one (and one other, I think but my notes are unclear.)

I also remade my choir music folder into something that works for me and dh. He wanted a handle to hold the folder to his hand and I wanted strings to hold the music in place. I accomplished both with one alteration. Unfortunately, it looks ugly but this is modification one. I have 4 weeks to come up with a final design that is functional and pleasing to the eye.

I discovered my ginger snaps have gone soft which would normally be bad news but it means I can eat them without chewing. Actually, I guess that is still bad news, at least for my diet!

I'm off to bed now, later than I expected. Dh is busy uploading his training course video onto a site that hosts video lectures and training courses. His course is 5 days long and over 2 dvds so will take over 24 hours to upload. Besides, he has to upload each lecture (they are 30 - 55 minutes long) individually so that means he can't be away from his keyboard for very long. He's been up since 5 a.m. - you'd think he'd be dead on his feet but he's so excited about this new way of selling the course that he's pushing himself hard.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:42 pm

((Sunny)) sigh.

Lynlee, good luck on changing lights-out. I am trying to bring UP my bedtime, too. For one thing, evenings are a prime time for me to absentmindedly snack, so cutting that time short and living life more as a morning person or well-rested person makes my body happier.

My throat felt better today. My ddad didn't need as much input today, though. He seemed to have a quiet day.

Long talk with ds tonight as he told me many long-term plans. On the one hand I'm proud of him in many ways but on the other hand I see the uphill fight he has to realize dreams.

In general, the current economic climate is lousy for our 3 older children's households. I wish I could fast-forward for them. they are such good guys. They deserve better chances than the world seems to be giving them lately.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 pm

(((Sunny))) That is sooo disappointing to have to get all psyched up for everything and then find out it's all on hold till another day. * sigh * I can certainly imagine how disgusted your dh must be.

I don't know when I will EVER have a normal bedtime. I do not think it is possible for me. I have bedtime dyslexia or something.

(((BIG HUGS))) for Harriet's ds & all young adults trying to make it right now. I definitely can relate. Have a feeling we are about to relate more and more around here...

(((Kathryn))) -- for continued chewing woes...

(((Dee))) -- hope y'all can get some rest before you hit the road.

Sounds like a good day, Nancy... all except the cable problems.

TV trouble... anyone else have Directv? DH is having a fit, worrying about all the hoopla re: likely loss of Fox Sports channels. They are having some kind of pricing dispute.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:01 am

lucylee, we have D irectv. I hadn't heard about the Fox hoopla. We also have what is suppose to be basic cable with our internet but they can't separate the channels, so we get everything but the movie channels on cable. When we move we are going to switch to just cable. Dh wants to get the HD (high def)and DVR (recording) options, also. I am thinking about checking on their phone prices. I want unlimited long distance which we now have with AT&T. Hopefully I could save some money by combining everything.

Didn't accomplish much today. I went to the furniture store that is having the "big" sale. It is half off the Manufacturers suggested retail price, instead of their normal prices. In other words, it's not much of a sale and I couldn't find any furniture for the living room. Everything looked more like what I want in the family room. We decided that we will use what we have for the living room and buy new for the basement family room. I found a dinette set that I liked. We are going to end up with more than enough seating for all of us, because we will have 4 bar stools plus the formal dining room furniture. I guess that was the whole point of buying this house, so that we would have more room to spread out when they are all there.

Dd2 is leaving a queen size bed. I am putting that in dgd15 room. That way she can spend the night if she needs to. I also told her that if she needs a place to change clothes, etc., she is welcome to come there rather than having to drive all the way home.

I had a meltdown today. Dd2 told her ex about the move. If they can't get a transfer for the boys to stay where they are next school year, he wants them to go close to his house. She wants them to go to the country school that is the school for her area. The meltdown had to do with the stress that this will cause. Luckily, dd2 said if she absolutely has to she will give in rather than him try to get them fulltime so they can go where he wants. She just gets tired of him getting his way, all the time. She feels like he cheated on her and ruined their marriage, now he's interested in being a father and she is the one getting hurt by only having them half the time.

Yikes, it's late and I better head to bed.................

Return to “Post When You Can”