TWINING THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TWINING THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 am

Got any 'loose ends' to 'twine' together today? For me it will be going in a few minutes for blood work. Dreading it. Right now I'm drinking lots of water. Not the easiest thing for a diabetic and the fasting. DDr phoned in a prescription for me for my test strips yesterday. I picked them up and brought them home last night. Somewhere there was a communication gap. Had the right kind but there were only 40 instead of 200! :cry: Will call the dr's office later to see what they had phoned in and then check with W m to see what my prescription said.

I was up a couple of times during the night and then awake from 4am on. Sure love the occasional night when I get to sleep all night.

Harmony mentioned last night that this aging is not fun. For sure! When things start 'going' it seems like they just keep tumbling!

Okay, going to go do this thing and get on with my day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

OKay

Re: TWINING THURSDAY

Postby OKay » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:35 am

Good Morning!!

Thinking of (((Dee))) and (((Sunny & DH))) who have medical appts today.

DH has recovered from his Monday oral surgery and is back up to normal speed. He has to do 5x daily salt water rinsing and syringe cleaning routine for 5 more days, but that takes very little time (just have to remember to do it!!)

it is RAINing this morning!! That makes me soooo happy for a couple of reasons - we desperately need the moisture AND because it is happening in the morning time frame......I don't need to do MPB AM chores so early in the morning. I'll do them later in the day when it stops raining.

Another happy event - Our state has lifted the statewide fire ban! Our local government at first said they would reinstate their fire ban for our area, but then decided to try doing without the ban since we are getting morning dew now. This is such a relief! Now we can use our outdoor grill to cook and our local town is having the MUCH DELAYED 4th of July firework celebration this weekend! :D

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:44 am

Back from my blood work -glad to have that done!! I'm always a 'hard stick' and was drinking (water) up a storm before I left and during my trek there.
While I was at the dr's office I had the receptionist look up my prescription for test strips -they called in 200 and I was given 40. So next up is to call W M and find out why I only received that few. So it may mean a 2nd trip out there -grrrr. It's 20 miles away -so another 40.

Have to stop by C World on my way back to get a cover for our fresh water tank. DH needs to fill it before water gets shut off tomorrow. Ours was minus this part (just discovered this) and their repairman dropped off one on Tuesday evening. He was supposed to bring another yesterday since that one didn't fit. DH took one off friends here who have a H a m p t o n like ours. Good thing he did -because they have winterized and left the park for the winter. Their fresh water tank was full! Not a good thing in freezing weather.

Well, think I'll try making that DPC and see what they have to say and then I'll be on the road. Have a feeling the pharmacy doesn't open until 9 -another 20 minutes. BBL

Did make dh a bunch of cards (which I spread out on our front TV counter). Just put everything on individual cards that were on his list. Sure they'll spark some more thoughts for closing up the park. He's probably further ahead than he thinks.Our plan right now is to leave on Monday morning as soon as he winterizes our RV. Think he has 4 he has to do today -because it's been so rainy.

Anyone know how to get rid of a feral cat? Now this one has taken to curling up on our deck. When dh tried to take it to the secretary yesterday, it was fine until he got in his cart and then the cat scratched him and was gone. We have a rug out there that he/she has taken to curling up on. The rug just happens to be up on a storage bin right now. It's obviously not afraid of us, but 'freaking' everyone out here.

Wow, 4th of July!!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:03 am

I'm up and at it.

Did my exercising, s2s, tidied my room, unloaded the dishwasher, finished washing the dishes that were left in soak last night and ate breakfast. I tried softening my cereal with hot water instead of hot milk, then putting cold milk and berries on it and that was edible. I had to do some chewing though and my jaw is sore now. Sigh....

I'm still taking Advil and being very careful. Haven't put on heat because it hasn't hurt for a while, so maybe I'll do that while I read.

I need to practice my part for the anthem on Sunday. It is a hymn with a nice tenor line. Dh can do the base, the musician the lead, and the tenor line is in my lower range so, if I can learn it, I'll do it and we'll make it 3-part harmony. We tried it over and over at choir and I just wasn't getting my part when the lead was added in so I'll try at home on my own and with dh doing base. If that works try again with the lead on Friday night because there's another practice then.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:29 am

Good morning. I'm up, have been sitting at my desk doing chores there, with an eye toward the end of the month coming. It seems like I just did last month's where does the time go?

We had a rough night here. DH was watching a movie when I got to bed and we watched together, so it was very late when I got to sleep, but he was unable to sleep and it was just a short time later he was up. I don't know if it was all the work yesterday that had us keyed up or him thinking about today's work at jobsite. I think he's becoming a little apprehensive going out working now since it is so hard.

OKay, I've been watching your radar, yesterday there were scattered places of color (rain) and I'm glad you are getting some now. I did see there was even some snow! Been watching the weather channel, keeping an eye on latest hurricane. I'm so over worrying about storms this year. Come on already, it's almost November!

Gotta run out and take a paper to someone. Hoping Sunny and DH are making out ok this morning.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:58 am

Ok, I think I have my four notes down. Dh says he'll go over his part in a few minutes and then we'll try the two parts together. I photocopied the page and highlighted my notes so I won't keep going up to the treble clef. I'll have to do that with the anthems for the end of November (I'm not singing lead on all of them) but one anthem at a time.

My Jehovah's Witness dropped by for a few minutes. I really need to get going on paperwork but am lacking motivation these days.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:03 am

I will come back later today.

I have had a few bad days. Yesterday I had our nurse listen to my lungs to my lungs to see if they were congested or if it was my CHF. Did I need to go to ER. She said it was congestion and move as little as possible and keep doing what I was doing. I did and I'm better this morning. It is going to take me a long time to get back to where I was bu I will get there.

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:28 am

YEAH!! Made my day to see Indiana posting. You are on the recovery track - just hang in there and keep on keeping on!

LO went with DH for a couple hours this morning, so I am in paperwork mode.
Papers on the floor (trash)
Papers sorted in stack on the dining room table.
HOWEVER - there are no papers on my desk now. :D

The papers on the floor are easy - grab a large trash bag and load it up.
The 16 categories of paperwork stacked on the table are my next focus....

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi everyone! I am working on this dreadful document that I have only myself to blame for. My house is party clean, but not party decorated yet.

DeeClutter: You need a live trap with tuna for bait. Put the tuna on a paper plate so the cat does not cut her tongue on the can. If someone was able to pick it up, it is not feral, just stray. You need to get it taken care of before kitten season comes!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 pm

So glad to see Indiana. Keep that O2 up and keep your body down and get well soon.

We are off to get writers cramp signing papers. Then we have to wait until they are filed with who ever they file them with and then we will own the house and can move in.

I'm getting as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Time to get all the paperwork in order to take with me.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Return to “Post When You Can”