TWINING THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: TWINING THURSDAY

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:17 pm

34*-49* Today's temp. range.
I'm up bs is up a bit this morning also.
Coffee is going.

Today's loose end is getting the floors mopped in the main traffic area I can tell it's been nearly a week since I did that last time!

I was thinking of how to use up the odds n ends of cereal and remembered a snack mix I made with the older grand kids dgd will love helping make up a batch of that this year.
Left over marshmellows from camping, odds & ends of trick or treating candy and / or ch. chips, carmels ect. could go into it and bake on low heat for ten min. and cool she can help
bag up this yummy crunch mix too. I'll have to be on the look out for some containers for it. Ice cream tub rinsed and dried would work great! I'm gathering up items for this to do for a craft.

No offer from the showing Mon. so we must have been right about this house not being big enough no worries how ever.

I have two snail mail letters to write.

I did an arm work out last night. Then I remembered that we had some #1 lb. wts. that grand kids like and dgd can do some of those with me today. Dd said dgd cried one day when she was not coming here that made me feel good to know that she loves grandma's house that much! =D
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dove

Postby Dove » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:00 pm

A good topic for me today :) ! Lots of things to catch up on around here. I was up earlier than usual which has worked out well -- I put my energy to good use & have several things crossed off my list.

Sorry you have to make another trek to the pharmacy, Dee.

So happy you have more long awaited rain, OKay! :D

Hope your jaw pain disappears completely, Kathryn.

Hi Harmony! Any time to squeeze in a nap today?

Hang in there, (((Indi))). Glad you didn't need to go to the ER. Hope you feel much better soon.

Hi Elizabeth! Enjoy decorating for the party :)

:lol: at your analogy, MT! Good luck at the closing.

So sweet how much your dgkids love being with you, Nancy.

Thinking of (((Sunny & Mr Sunny))) -- praying all goes well with his procedure today.

There are six weeks in this month! I'll use those two bonus days in whatever zone needs the most attention. I'm off to have lunch & then I must make quacamole before the avacados go bad. Hope to be back later as I'm a few days behind in cuop. Waving ~~~~~to everyone!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:07 pm

If I was on track with Zones I would have noted the extra weeks this month! As it is, I'm not keeping up with zone work at all.

Dh had me to some real work. I hated it. Mainly because what he wanted to do wasn't simple. He needed me to set up a P y P l merchant account so we can receive payments from some new thing he's setting up. I'm not sure this a good idea and, as usual, two currencies messes things up. The suggestion was that I just run down to the US and set up a US$ bank account there. Thanks, but no thanks, I don't want to expose my corporation to all the US corporate rules. So, any US$ that come to us will be put into our C$ account because they can't handle a Canadian based US$ account. Sigh..... That costs me 3% in conversion fees plus I don't get to time the conversions.

At least the customer service rep was totally competent. His name was Dan, not Peggy.

I'm hungry again so need to have an afternoon snack. And think about dinner. The meal plan says steak but that ain't gonna happen!

Ds called looking for his birth certificate. He wants an enhanced driver's license since he's doing a lot of border runs and would like to avoid having to use his passport (more chance to lose it.) He told us the highlights of his trip, including getting lost, twice, in Jersey City. Kept asking for directions but they were not good. Finally found the police department and they gave good directions (he was trying to avoid tolls.) The last toll on the highway home used up all their US cash so they were thrilled that the bridge back to Canada takes C$!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:09 pm

That passport/enhanced license can be a pain, Kathryn. Know we have to remind anyone coming to visit that we can't cross into Canada (about an hour for us) un;ess they have one or the other.

Indiana, oh hpw we yearn to hear you're A-OK!

We have a new problem. We have 2 Fantastic fans -1 over the living room and one over the toilet in the bathroom. I thought yesterday that I had 1 drip in the bathroom -on my arm. Then dh mentioned it today -sure enough the cover soon had several drops on it. A few minutes ago I heard something and finally realized it was drips on DH's work hours book that was lying on the counter. Uh-huh -it's cold enough outside that the heat inside is causing condensation. Now to figure out a cure for that. This is the coldest it's been since we got our new RV. :?

Going to call H A M P T O N right now to see if they'll send us a cap for our fresh water.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Cable guy just left one of the TV's was acting up and the other one does too from time to time
so we made sure it was not the cable first. Now there is new line out to the pole and the cable
we were not using is gone or unhooked giving us a much better pic. on the tv's for now. One will have to be replaced it's had some problems.

Play doh time is over found the cookie cutters so that was a hoot for dgd!
Back from my walk w/ dgd her nap is over.
After lunch spiff is done.
Story time is done & we've picked up the hot spot of books.
No pre-school for dgd tomorrow; the other granny is gone this week so I"m covering for her day @ dgd's house will do cleaning in the a.m. in case you miss me.

Did my 3 mi. on the ex. bike while dgd played in the basement and got out books nearly all the books for me to read to her I said pick out 6 only read four of those a couple were not her age level, a couple of 'em we read twice.
Granny duty is over.

Dinner is done we had soup & an apple plus I've rinsed the dishes they still need to be put in the dish washer. We discussed plans for the morning over dinner a plan is a good thing to have! Taking my lunch with me in the morning a can of soup.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Dinner is done. I made up chicken pieces and dh made up a Shepherd's pie for tomorrow night. Saturday night is a turkey supper. I was able to eat my chicken fine but I cut it up very well. I find that it looks like a lot more food on the plate when I do that, maybe a diet tip. Or maybe not, since I'm still hungry.

Anyway, I have a lot of cleaning up to do.

I got the inventory for the book sale into the computer and mailed off to the Resource centre. I'll drive in tomorrow with the books and money.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:53 pm

maxsgrandma, won't you come and post with us? Even if it's only to say, "HI". See your lights on and I see you every once in a while. think many of us remember you from our old boards.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:58 pm

The weather here is far from cooperating so we can finish up all that needs to be done. Right now it's almost looking like we might not make it out of here by Monday. Poor dh is running ragged. Dcampowner keeps thinking of things to do that they've not done before. Then today dcampowner's ddad has a house here on the grounds (only 1 here) and I guess his water pump has to be running in order for them to turn off the water. (He must be on a well for part of the year). DH said they ended up having to pull the pump -so that is really setting them back.

DH did fill our fresh water tank tonight and used a cap from the other H A M P T O N in the park. That ended up being a good thing for them. They'd forgotten to drain their fresh water tank and dh only discovered it because he borrowed their cap. So he drained it.

Watching the tape of DWTS from Tuesday night. Then I think we're hitting the hay. DH is exhausted.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:05 pm

waving from friday
I've decided to try the ancient style of fl reminders again. babystep perhaps.
Continuing to work on bedtimes (again) - some success so far to midnight or before lightsout.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi, just a quick check in for now.

Many thanks for your thoughts today for dh and I. He did have a dr. appointment, but not the surgery. It seems there was a miscommunication between dr. offices and/or us. Dh had the pre-op stuff done on Tue.--- a blood test, x-ray and EKG. The EKG was sent to cardiologist, but he would not release dh for the procedure because it had been three months since he last saw dh. So, that's where we were today; nurse asked a few questions, took blood pressure and listened to his chest. A few minutes later Dr. came in and did the same thing! Then said he would send the release paperwork tomorrow morning. :roll: We will probably get the phone call from surgery center tomorrow afternoon telling us when to be there on Monday morning.

Dh was all psyched up to deal with this for today, so that's a big let-down. Needless to say he hasn't been in a good mood since yesterday. But at least we have the weekend to distract him. Please keep those good thoughts in mind. They are appreciated.

Other than my daily chores I didn't get much else done today. After the dr. appt. this afternoon we stopped at W - M for a bit of shopping. We picked up some Halloween candy and birthday gifts for dgd (now 11) on the 26th and dgs7 will be 8ys on the 31st. We already have two bags of candy open!!! :roll: :lol:

Waving to everyone. It was nice to see Indiana here today. I'll have to go back and reread today's posts, just skimmed over it quickly. Afterward I think I'll do some reading and /or watch NatGeo for a while. Tomorrow is another day; I'll catch up on everything then. Take care everyone.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”