How About Fantastic Friday?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: How About Fantastic Friday?

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Dh and I went for our walk for the mail and I brought in the laundry while he figured out the last outside fiddling with the antenna wire. It is now into the basement. I had started cooking dinner before heading on our walk so we stopped once the wire was inside the house and at. Now he'll do the next bit of fiddling (hooking everything up so the basement feeds the house). The final bit of fiddling will be putting a cable drop back in the living room so we can hook up that tv but we don't have a converter for that tv yet so doesn't have to be done this weekend. I just feel I'd like to be able to watch tv on that 28" tv. The media centre tv is only 21" so you have to sit close which puts me on a bar stool since the tv is on the bar between the family room and the kitchen (so I can spin it to watch while doing dishes, or spin it to watch while sitting on our comfortable chairs.

My fridge is making a lot of dripping noises today. I'm thinking there may be a problem with the defrost going nuts for some reason so have a thermometer in there to double check it. It was draining a half hour ago, stopped and has started up again. I know I want to replace my fridge (it is white and the rest of the appliances are black) but I don't really want to spend the money.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Soapbox -
Nobody else cares that I think about these things, so I will tell ya'll. Assuming all 16 countries who have Elizabeth II as monarch change the rules of succession, the more IMPORTANT and provable, CURRENT thing is, Anne is no longer 10th in line to the throne, but properly assumes a place ahead of her younger brothers, Andrew and Edward, at 4th in line. (Had this change happened before Charles had a child it would have been more impressive, since 2nd-born Anne would have been 2nd in line, sensibly.) All the hoopla about future babies is fine, but as things change NOW Anne deserves a mention now. During any living person's lifetime, it is she and only she who has been pushed behind men in the most well-known line of succession in the world.

I just heard the "not retroactive" part, so I'm wrong - Anne will continue behind her brothers, etc., even though this is happening well within all their assumed lifetimes and before her generation succeeds. I'm guessing it will be birth, then, that marks the old or new rules - whoever is born under the new rules has the new rules.

This is something that has bugged me all my life - the "and then there was Anne" thing.

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:06 pm

YEAH!! Plumbers came so MPB owie is fixed.

Just as I started to make pizzas for supper, DH came home and volunteered to do some of my evening doings. I am greatly relieved because my head feels like it is triple its normal size. DH is making the trip to town to pick up DGS14 and is taking him shopping for jeans. DH won't have to do anything (other than pay for them) because DGS14 knows exactly what brand/style/size jeans he needs. DH also suggested that I take it easy and he will bring home a broasted chicken for us and picking pizza for the boys. SWEET!!! My evening just because extremely easy

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Granny duty is over.
We had fun with plah doh this afternoon.
I gave the kitchen a better spiff after our cooking / crafting
adventures earlier today.
I rinsed a shirt and pretreated a spot before putting it in the laundry.
Had to rest after the big walk we took.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Today really has been pretty fantastic! Work went remarkably well, and the new schedule is in place...for now. The coordinator doesn't like that one team always works weekends (although those of us on that team don't really care - he says it's not fair, and wants to tweak that), so it's still a work in progress. The good news is that I get Sunday, Monday, AND Tuesday off! :D The new kittens are here and settled in. Maestro (the black and white kitten from work) will likely only be here a few days while he adjusts to having other critters around. He's been improving at work, and has barely noticed the other kittens in the big kennel. Jiggs is in the room to keep him company, and there's been no hissing or growling! The six kittens from the rescue are quite skittish, but very workable. With any luck, I'll have them out of the kennel within a week or so.

Then...on the way home from work, DD wanted me to come over cause she was getting all stressed out. New mommy stuff - she's tired, DGS is wanting attention, DSinl is working his second job tonight, and the baby is being unusually fussy. When I got home, I called her, put her on the speaker phone, and talked to her for a while. She'd managed to get the baby to sleep for half an hour, gone outside for a smoke, and was generally much calmer. Whew!! Another crisis averted!

Now I need to figure out what I'm going to have for supper. Probably something easy like fried egg sandwiches, since DH is at work, and DS has already eaten.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 pm

bittersweet, I'm so glad you have cats who can get along - we have nothing but fights every time these two see each other. There doesn't seem to be any end to it. It's discouraging. Great to hear you have time off next week.

Call from dd31 and they were going to be here early enough to have supper with us at our house, which moved everything up a notch. HRH decided to change plans and instead of picking up just his own take-out, to bring home from an Oriental place enough to share around. But he got home way too hungry that way, they were later than they thought so he had to wait an additional 20 minutes to eat, and ultimately had a big fuss with me and dd13 (low blood sugar I bet). Anyway, all's fine now and we enjoyed all of them very much.

They are shrugging off the idea of wind and cold tomorrow night, and although I do fear getting an earache and being quite so uncomfortable, I'll tough it out. I am thinking it will please dd31 to (possibly) see a lot of old friends/neighbors.

Turns out I was wrong about dnephew's birthday party anyway - it's a week from now!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Back from dinner ~ Skippable ~

Drat ! Forgot my list so put it in my purse for next time. Sigh oh well h. for got to get his Rx going so had to go back anyway.

Oh well all in all I had a good busy week with the other granny gone was able to occupy my time with dgd and it was an enjoyable week for me.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:47 am

I should be in bed, but after pricing all the garage sale items, I realized my bs was low, so have had a snack and waiting for it to go up. I really hate having garage sales but our Goodwill won't take anything with a plug and I have at least 10 items with plugs.

Dh had a dr. appt this morning so after it, he took the rest of the day off. He cleaned up the 3 bikes, 10 lawn chairs and lots of other things to haul over to dd2 for the sale. Her dh worked cattle today and still wasn't home at 8. I went over and stayed an hour, so that she could look through things for sale items. She hadn't priced any when I had left. I felt really bad but I had my own to mess with.

Her ex called today and he had G oogled their new house. He actually complimented her on it. They both agreed to just leave the 3 kids address alone as far as the school district goes. Supposedly they are going to start being more strict about transfers next year. The 2 boys already have 2 homes, they need the stability of the same school and not having to adjust to a new school too. With us buying their house, I hope they can pull it off. If the school district gets wind of it, I think they should get a counselor on their side to advocate for those boys. Dd1 is just having a fit, that they are trying to fly under the radar. She thinks the school district won't bend at all. Well we have lived here almost 30 years and I have watched them come up with all kinds of ideas, etc. and nothing seems to last long.

We will all be relieved when this sale is over. Then I need to start moving things into the 2 storage areas at dd2, so that we can take pictures of the interior of our house and get it listed on the F or S ale by O wner.com website and in the local paper. I feel like it will be priced to sell. Dh worries about it and then it makes me nervous. I know one thing, if we get a decent offer, I will take it rather than play Indian holdout for the full price from someone else.

Better head to bed, the alarm will be going off in a little over 5 hours...............

Return to “Post When You Can”