SUMPTUOUS SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: SUMPTUOUS SATURDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:29 pm

I just CUOPed for the day. When I got home this afternoon I napped, then have been processing/deleting email since then. I had planned to read awhile to try to finish up the book I read yesterday while en route home but I'm glad I went through my emails because some needed attention.

I am meeting dh at the restaurant tonight for the dinner for one of the bat mitzvah women. He went out to watch a football game at a friend's while I napped.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Welcome Home Twins!!! Glad to see you back. :)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:51 pm

I got some more bill paying done and reconciling of accounts. I still have more to do this evening while I'm in the mood. Ds is feeling a bit better about his finances. He managed to pay off his car this month and will still reduce his debt to me by $200, despite going to an NHL hockey game at the beginning of the month (taking a visitor to Canada out for an evening of fun in the middle of his business trip) and taking not-the-girlfriend to NYC. He still owes me lots and lots, but now he can put the car payment towards my bill so it will start to go down more quickly. Then it is time to save for Australia.

I'm noticing our finances are in rough shape because I've been ignoring them for far too long so I need to get my act together. That will be my goal for November, everything up to date, both in the business and in the house. Hopefully the business owes us some money because our medical insurance and car insurance are due in November. I'll put both on the credit card for now in order to get the 1% cash back and to put off coming up with the cash. At least the business has some money in it right now, although technically it is a retainer, dh hasn't earned the money yet and if he dropped dead, I'd have to pay it back.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Amazing to see this snow. DH and I always have a laugh, DBro in the Poconos is likely getting dumped on! We are still being affected by the tropical stuff down by Nicaragua.

Made trip to store to get few groceries. and then hunted fabric for latest project and 4 hours later I was on my way home. Not an easy trip. First I had to stop for low BS; gosh darn I wish that'd quit happening...and after last store, I couldn't drive because my feet were cramping from so long on those hard cement floors. It took my attention off my driving and I started out the wrong way and bumped over 2 parking risers. :roll:

Anyway, home safe finally, dinner & dishes done - my my it looked like a bunch of pigs lived in this house before I cleaned it up. I doubt very seriously DH knows what a dishrag is for...

And then I made those quick breads (banana). I made 6 for the gift baskets tomorrow (we have 6 pastors total) and I made 3 extra in case any of the first 6 didn't turn out. But they're all perfect, so 3 are going in the freezer to take to DD's with us at the end of the week.

OKay, you always do such fun things with your DGKids.

Alright, I'm off to putter around some more. Indiana, keep up the recovery!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:04 pm

I enjoy being near the water that leads to the ocean. It does my soul good.
I second that remark, Kathryn. Would love to drive up that way next summer -if only I can get dh to take off a weekend when there's not a 'special event' here or one of the dgs's aren't racing. :roll: Fish & chips sounds really good.

Tonight's smorgasbord was sumptuous tonight. :D :lol: In the area of 'best laid plans'......dgd16 couldn't go tonight because she was babysitting -knew that yesterday so took her out for a burger. Knew DDIL#1 had to work 4-midnight. Downhill from there (but I'm ot disappointed at all). I texted ddil#2 to make sure all was ok there for tonight. DS-A called me immediately to say that he had told dh a couple of weeks ago that they wouldn't be able to make it today. That was fine -I thoroughly understood and dh forgot to tell me. (also understandable). So called DS-R to make sure it was okay with him dgs6. Was at that point. Pretty soon he called to ask if I'd be really upset if dgs went with some friends to other dgs's race. That too was fine. Now we were down to dh, ds-R and dgs18. Took my dishes to church and went in past the city to pick up dgs18. Got to his driveway and he didn't answer his phone. Called a few times & he finally called me back. He wasn't even home. He'd missed the part about my picking him up at 4:30 and had been trying to find a ride with someone else. :roll: Ended up we just decided to skip it. I was still not disappointed and it actually made things easier on the back end for dh and me. Another couple from here who were to meet us there and called late that they both were ill. I have done nothing but laught about the 'best laid plans'. Next year I guess it's back to maybe a Sunday night dinner of pizza or something. :D

DH did dishes for a little over an hour and I ran to W mart to get light bulbs for our outside light.

Not sure I thanked Harriet for that info and anyone else who weighed in. Bottom line is I know I need to drink a lot more than I have been.

DH is putting down all the seats for me tomorrow and I'll start loading the car -except for the things he needs to load for me. He's truly been on a dead run all day and is exhausted tonight.

Thinking of those of you stuck with all that snow today/tonight.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:08 pm

My hope tomorrow is to do a couple of loads of wash really early at the laundromat in town. Washed clothes about a week ago and want to leave about everything clean.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:50 pm

OK, I should be cleaning or setting up the Halloween decorations but I spent the evening on Quicken and got the household bank accounts reconciled from last May to today. Dug out and shredded the chits so my chit envelope is much more manageable since I reconciled three credit card bills today as well. So I think the household accounts are up to date. At least the cash, money in the safe and the two main bank accounts all agree with what I have in Quicken and all the credit cards have been reconciled.

There's mud on the main floor because I was wearing my hiking boots when I worked outside today (for all of 15 minutes) and their deep treads dropped mud later in the day. It is mostly dry now so I'll run the electric broom before bed.

I'm pleased I made so much progress on the paperwork - my desk will look better in a few minutes (I'm shutting down the computer and then I'll do the filing.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Back from the store run WMart had the Ore. Ida. sweet potato fries in reg. and steak size I got
the bigger steak fries size.

Food is put away I've got a roast in the crock pot for planned left overs and sandwiches for h's lunch he's working on Mon. painting trim. The house smells divine!

We got the matress rolled out for dgdson to sleep on tonight, and got that bed made up. Told h. that we need to store that one on the main floor after this. Dgds may be here for a while later too.

Okay I'm with you about Halloween!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Phone rang and I answered, "Grand Central Station" to dstepson.

Wow - all this and 2 sets of visitors coming by as well.

Went to the event this evening and had fun, although the hayride beat it all by a mile. The charming son of old friends had finished his Eagle Scout project, which is a great trail around the woods behind their church, and he took us with tractor and trailer. It was just delightful, with beautifully carved pumpkins along the way. Inside, DangerBoy Optimist Prime was so happy to win the "toilet paper toss" with his first throw. WonderBoy Bumblebee Transformer had all the women oohing and aahhing (really was adorable) and little britches Superman kept on the move to show off his cape. Dd13 zeroed in on the cotton candy, absolutely loved the hayride. I was proud of my family as I introduced them to old friends (some old beaus, too).

Their church is not just thriving it is THRIVING with obvious money infusions over the years and many, many new families, lots of programs. Makes me feel a little pensive about our church, just up the road and similar historically, but struggling. I'm sure the 13-year-olds at that church are a strong, large group, for instance.

Twins Mom, what a great vacation - glad you are home safe.

helia, I bet it is quite interesting for you as a student of Hebrew to attend that service and listen.

By this evening I am so tired - an amazing conglomeration of things accomplished on the run. I did get pictures of dd31 and dd13 working together to try to get Superman into his costume. Actually had to put the camera down then and help because it took 3 people to catch and dress him. :)

Hi to Lynlee - hope you are enjoying spring.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:01 am

Waving back from saturday afternoon. (((Harriet)))
fans are on here. Above average rain is forcast for the next few months so we will see how this summer turns out.

gosh - lots of busy people.
stores here are getting more and more halloween stuff to try and flog. It never really was a feature here, though current church has a special service for those who have lost someone dear to them.
fancy dress themed / costume parties happen - not anything to do with this usually.

Safe travel wishes to Dee.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”