MONDAY MINUTES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY MINUTES

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:12 am

The minutes are definitely ticking away this morning. So far I have only puttered and tried to find something to eat for breakfast. Guess what I found -PIZZA! Oh well, it has to have some nutritional value. :lol: Haven't had pizza for breakfast in many years!

I'm taking the RV room by room -allowing 30 MINUTES in each. Hoping that will help me find any last minute things. Off to get my timer!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Re: MONDAY MINUTES

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:40 am

Good morning, Dee! And all to come! And again, I hope you have a great trip, Dee!

Happy Halloween, I guess. This is not my favorite holiday, either. At least, since dh retired, we don't have to worry quite so much about people "rolling" our yard. (Covering it w/toilet paper, you know.) And that is NOT just a Halloween night prank around here. Dbil's yard has been done twice in the last month. It's not just something kids do to be mean, they do it to their friends, too -- constantly. But, I don't believe ours has been done at all since dh's retirement.
I'm just not crazy about strangers in masks wandering around, coming to the door. Seems like there are always some that are a bit too old.
And all the scary associations w/the holiday are not my favorite way to have fun, either.

My dbro, at 40, however, is still a Halloween nut. He just told me how he & his "not the girlfriend" have already been to Halloween/Fright Night celebrations @ Universal Studios and Busch Gardens, plus something else downtown, and will probably go somewhere tonight. :roll: I think it has been his favorite holiday since he was a toddler.

:?: If w*lmart . com has a really good price on the Electrolux vacuum cleaner I want right now, chances are that price will be even better on Black Friday, right? The price isn't going to go UP between now & Christmas, is it? Do y'all think I should wait
and see what sort of sales I can find on Black Friday, or should I go ahead and buy it NOW? The price is less than $350. I think I have worn down dh, and I'm just going to follow his instructions to "Buy it! Do whatever you want! Throw the Kirby out in the trash if you want to!" :P

* sigh * My minutes have disappeared. I must s2s.

This working every day business IS getting old. Part of me REALLY does not want to go back next year -- mainly b/c I am just getting TIRED. But another part of me says I really do not want to leave before dniece graduates. * sigh *
And one more year = over $1700 per year in the long run. I don't want to do it only for the $$$, but after today, the $$$ DOES become a consideration.

At any rate, I'm committed to do it TODAY... so I guess I better s2s and get at it. :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:55 am

I am still sitting on my behind and haven't done anything toward getting ready for work and leaving the house. And the dcleaning lady will be shocked at the condition of the house today!

(looking around for bgs...)

Thinking I'll do a couple of rounds here and then s2s and call the office to tell them I'm running late...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:11 am

Good Morning!

I still have cold symptoms so am not up to normal speed.

14 cards completed this morning

bbl

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:17 am

Good morning Dee, lucylee, Okay, Twins and everyone else....

Dee, have a wonderful trip to Nashville and then on to dds.

I survived the garage sale. All of my big things sold. I had less than 3 laundry baskets of misc. left. Dd2 hauled everything left to G oodwill immediately. Both dgd15 were to watch the 2 little ones. Dgd6months slept till noon. Dgd2 came out and sat in the stroller for a long time. Then she wanted out and she was so good all day. She stayed with one of us at all times and was really interested in people watching. Dh hauled 3 pickup loads over and my car was full. I told dh I was putting my proceeds in his pickup fund. He worked hard on Friday cleaning everything up that made the most money.

While dh was there he was looking around at the house. He has a long list of things that he wants to do or that need done to the house. He says that the front fences on both sides are ready to fall down. He wants to replace them with white vinyl fencing. The fence that adjoins the house to the west is in great shape. The back and east side is acceptable. He wants to put ceramic tile down in the sunroom. Right now it has vinyl that looks like wood flooring. Then he was looking at the kitchen and told me that the cabinets had to be changed as soon as possible, he wasn't impressed at all. 2 years ago after they moved in, dd2 and dsonilaw had new tile put on the floor in the kitchen and dining area plus new tile backsplash and C orian counters. They put a pretty penny into that, of which we are now paying for, too. If we replace cabinets, it will more than likely mess with the integrity of those things. So yesterday we were watching videos of how to reface cabinets yourself. It looks very doable. We will go with wood doors and drawer fronts. I will take before and after pictures and hopefully he will post them for me. This option isn't cheap but compared to the cost of new cabinets and replacing the tile and countertops, it is very affordable.

Today I need to buy groceries and run errands. Then I need to help dd2 with packing. Tomorrow I hope to start taking things over to put in the 2 storage areas. We need to get this house listed soon.

I hope you each have a great day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 am

Lilac, I'm enjoying reading your posts as you describe your plans.

I'm up and at it. Was in bed 10 hours last night. Ds and I were discussing how we need 10 hours at night and still wake up tired. I told him to start my SAD light (he has my portable one). He's going to try and get up 20 minutes earlier and read while under the light. He doesn't have breakfast before getting to work so he can't do it over breakfast.

I did my large one this morning. Don't feel any different now but I might later tonight or this week. It takes a bit of time to take effect and I find the portable light more effective so it might be my prejudice against this big one. I've managed to make a spot for it on my desk by moving a ton of things (the base is 12" deep which is awkward since my desk is only 20" deep.)

I've s2s, had breakfast, read 3 chapters of a children's chapter book I'm reviewing for church, and tidied the kitchen. So, despite my late start, I'm still moving steadily. Exercise is not on that list, after working so hard yesterday I decided to skip the treadmill and just do my walk in the afternoon.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:53 am

Home from doing MPB AM chores, doing bank deposits, checking mail and retrieving newspaper from its delivery point on the road. 34 cards completed so far today so I am picking up speed after my slow start.

LO feels much better today and is back to his happy chattering self. :D

PODA -
** trick-n-treating in town (brothers are taking LO - I will supervise and drive them around)
** dining room focus cleaning
** prep/serve 3 meals - muffins, pizza, brisket/chicken/hot link leftovers are on today's menu
** finalize witness list
** discovery questions (YUCKo). Decide how to break this project into do-able steps and best way to collect/process each request for information

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:01 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Where o where did last week go? Hmm ... <cue flashback music>

I posted Tuesday night about deep cleaning kitchen drawers.

Wednesday = long work day at library. Not a very good day. Least said the better on that. Also, more than half of the patrons came in with bad colds -- Danger, Will Robinson!

Thursday = spent the morning getting caught up on business for the sewing group. Lunch meeting with the treasurer. Afternoon shopping for Rx, groceries, household supplies, also picked up a new comforter for our bed.

Friday = apron day, errands.

Saturday = a coworker asked me to take her shift at the library. Had a nice time. We weren't particularly busy so I was able to be in the stacks for over an hour with a list of books to pull because they haven't been checked out in 5 years. DH and I went to the diner for supper, I watched some tv and went to bed early.

Yesterday = meandered around with DH. Tried to get rid of back pain. Last night I made a final run at the state income tax forms that are due today. (Yes, once again working up to final deadline, why can I not manage to do these before the last minute?)

This morning I need to double-check the math on the taxes and mail a payment. Then switch into sewing group business mode to prepare for tomorrow night's meeting.

But first ... coffee!!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:03 am

I see Harriet's light. I've had such a good time reading your posts the past couple of days. Lots of family fun. Plus Fay's a happy chick. :D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:10 am

Post and run from the office. Yes, I finally got here!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”